What is our best team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is our best team
    Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Bazunu 

O'Shea Collins Egan Cirkin 

Cullen Smallbone 

Ogbene McAteer Johnstone 

Ferguson 

Replace McAteer with Moran, Smallbone with Browne maybe and Cirkin with O Shea and O Shea with Omabamidele. 

Wacko
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Bazunu 

Cullen Smallbone 

Ogbene McAteer Johnstone 

Ferguson 

Wacko
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 3:11pm
Bazunu 

Cullen Smallbone 

Ogbene McAteer Johnstone 

Ferguson 

Edited by engpad - 25 Nov 2023 at 3:13pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Luder Luder wrote:

Why does everyone have keep raving on about Collins? He makes a mistake in almost every game, often leading to goals conceded. Yes he can pass and run with the ball, but that's not his core function. It's like keeping Duffy in the team because he can score the odd goal. It's not worth it.
Collins for me was amongst our most consistent under performers in this campaign. Was beyond brutal at times. 

Would agree. I think since the goal against Ukraine he has been given too much freedom and as others have said, would do better in a structured defence. There is a fine player there if he could cut out the errors.

Edited by 50%lesssugar&salt - 23 Nov 2023 at 10:54pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 10:50pm

Why does everyone have keep raving on about Collins? He makes a mistake in almost every game, often leading to goals conceded. Yes he can pass and run with the ball, but that's not his core function. It's like keeping Duffy in the team because he can score the odd goal. It's not worth it.
Collins for me was amongst our most consistent under performers in this campaign. Was beyond brutal at times. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 3:11pm
He'll also likely be our captain by the time he's 25.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:52pm

He is performing well in the Premier League in the Brentford system the past month. One of their better performers. He has been a bit rash into some of his decision making but he still young. He is technically the best defender we have.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Wonder did Doherty get the captaincy because of this public shows of affection for SK? Can't think of any other reason, not really captain material is he.

Only reason he got it is because he's the oldest player in the squad that was playing. Would be one of the last players I'd make captain.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:44pm

Wasn't that Smallbones role?

Not doubting Moran's potential, it's just that the expectations on his shoulders is probably unrealistic, just like when Smallbone wasn't in the team. 

Folk probably hoped that Smallbone would be that link between midfield and forwards but I don't rate him much as a no.10.

His best game in an Ireland shirt was playing as a box to box midfielder for the U21s. Looking at his assists for Szmodics and there's no one on our team that can pick out a pass like Moran did in their last game.

That's an issue we've seen with the young lads coming through with too much expectations being put on them. But it's one of those things lads will have to just get on with.

We've a young team and no older players worth talking about who'll put their hand up and lead by example. Ogbene is probably the only one I'd say whereas someone like Scotland have a handful of lads around the age of 28 who fit this mold.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 1:28pm
Wonder did Doherty get the captaincy because of this public shows of affection for SK? Can't think of any other reason, not really captain material is he.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 1:22pm
Wasn't that Smallbones role?

Not doubting Moran's potential, it's just that the expectations on his shoulders is probably unrealistic, just like when Smallbone wasn't in the team. 

Edited by horsebox - 23 Nov 2023 at 1:23pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 1:17pm

How is Moran in our best 11?

He's played less than 20 senior games.

Omobamidele has done very little too. Manning hasn't been great at all.
Smallbone hasn't set the world alright either.

For me Moran is in there because we need a midfielder like him. Someone that's gonna play forward passes and able to link up with Ferguson.

Can't have three workhorses in midfield and then wonder why Ferguson is underperforming when we've no one that can provide him with service. New manager
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 12:59pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 12:31pm
                                     Bazunu/Kelleher

Ebosele           O'Shea         Collins            Egan              Manning

Merann         Cullen

Szmodics

Ogbene                                               Ferguson
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 10:16am
A bleak state of affairs when Doherty is being included in a best eleven. The fella should be bombed from the squad as quickly as possible. An atrocious attitude.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:31pm

The usual getting carried away on here 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:50pm

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:46pm
'd cull Young Doherty.  Been attrocious so he has.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic