FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 212>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next manager
    Posted: 15 hours 25 minutes ago at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

Of all the so called "left field" candidates the one that might actually be willing to take the job is Klinsmann. I remember a few interviews he gave when he was manager of the US team and money was not a motivation for him. When his playing career ended he spent a year hitch hiking across America. That type of unorthodoxy from a star player might help Canham/Hill if they reach out to Klinsmann. He used the granny rule to bring in a lot of German born players into the US team. And definitely improved them as a team.

Sham, you’d be happy with Klinsmann managing Ireland from California via Zoom like he did with Korea? Not quite the ‘must live in Ireland’ stipulation the FAI have

Sponsored Links

Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:45am
To be fair, he was sacked 2 games in the final round of qualifiers with the US in 2016 with 8 left to go. 2 losses against eventual group winners Mexico and runners up Costa Rica. Id have backed him to have turned it around and done a better job than Bruce Arena did when he came in. They lost out on the final day with a loss to Trindad and Tobago. A win would have seen them qualify.

As for South Korea, he took charge of 17 games and W9 D5 L3. Despite the comments from their FA, you cant say it was a terrible stint but more so they have higher standards and werent impressed with the Martin O'Neill esque approach he took.

Hes not what we're looking for though and I wouldn't have him myself, might as well just get Mick back for a 3rd stint because thats the type of effort you'd get from Klinsmann these days going by the Asian Cup.
[/QUOTE]

It was a terrible stint. The fact they went nearly a year unbeaten papers over the cracks of an awfully dysfunctional team that were playing well below its abilities. Most the wins came against Asian opposition; in Asia, after the top dozen teams or so, the quality drops off rapidly to the standard of Gibraltar, Andorra and Liechtenstein. I watched most their games at the Asian Cup. They could barely muster a shot on target against tougher opposition and needed injury-time goals to bail them out against Jordan (first time round), Saudi and Australia. Not since Brazil at the 2014 World Cup have I seen a team play so badly and reach the semi-final. Like Brazil back then, they were ultimately pulled apart with ease.

Klinsmann is a purely vibes coach. In his shambolic spell at Bayern, the players had to organise their own tactical meetings because he was giving them no instructions. A big sticking point in his stints as Germany and Korea coach was his continuing to live in California. No reason to think he wouldn't do the same thing if he was in charge of us. I'd have Big Sam, Lennon, Hughton, Neil bloody Warnock before I'd have this charlatan as Ireland coach.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:38am
**insert Alan Sugar You’re hired!!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:10am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Of all the so called "left field" candidates the one that might actually be willing to take the job is Klinsmann. I remember a few interviews he gave when he was manager of the US team and money was not a motivation for him. When his playing career ended he spent a year hitch hiking across America. That type of unorthodoxy from a star player might help Canham/Hill if they reach out to Klinsmann. He used the granny rule to bring in a lot of German born players into the US team. And definitely improved them as a team.

I dont think I've heard a more damning statement from a managerial sacking than Klinsmann with South Korea.

"The KFA has decided to change the national head coach following a comprehensive review," KFA president Chung Mong-gyu said, removing the German after just under a year in charge. 

"Klinsmann has failed to display managerial capability and leadership expected of a national head coach in areas ranging from tactics, personnel management to work attitude and others required to bring about competitiveness to the team," Korea Football Association president Chung Mong-gyu said.

"Klinsmann's attitude and competitiveness as head coach has fallen short of people's expectations and it was agreed that this would not be improved going forward, so we have decided to change leadership ahead of 2026 World Cup qualifying games."

Sounds like a perfect match for the FAI.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:07am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

If he does a slide every time we score I'm sold.

Given how rarely we score....
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 11:32pm
If he does a slide every time we score I'm sold.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

[QUOTE=Baldrick]Was just thinking that when I read the last comment 😀😀 no thank you Jurgen.  He didn’t even do most of the work in 2006. [/QUOTE
He completely changed both the personnel and tactics of the German team going into the 2006 campaign. The 2004 German team was dire and he changed that. I was in Germany in 2096 and he was hugely popular with the football public for dropping the so called older star players and going with an offensive youthful side. His US managed team beat teams like Italy for the first time in their history.]

Löw was his assistant manager and the brains behind Germany's post 2004 success.

He did fairly well with USA for the first half of his reign, but was was almost 10 years ago. His record hasn't been good since The 2014 World Cup. Sacked by USA for failing to qualify for The 2018 World Cup, had a controversial spell at Hertha, and then a terrible stint with South Korea.

No thanks.

To be fair, he was sacked 2 games in the final round of qualifiers with the US in 2016 with 8 left to go. 2 losses against eventual group winners Mexico and runners up Costa Rica. Id have backed him to have turned it around and done a better job than Bruce Arena did when he came in. They lost out on the final day with a loss to Trindad and Tobago. A win would have seen them qualify.

As for South Korea, he took charge of 17 games and W9 D5 L3. Despite the comments from their FA, you cant say it was a terrible stint but more so they have higher standards and werent impressed with the Martin O'Neill esque approach he took.

Hes not what we're looking for though and I wouldn't have him myself, might as well just get Mick back for a 3rd stint because thats the type of effort you'd get from Klinsmann these days going by the Asian Cup.
Godzilla View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 10:41pm

[QUOTE=Baldrick]Was just thinking that when I read the last comment 😀😀 no thank you Jurgen.  He didn’t even do most of the work in 2006. [/QUOTE
He completely changed both the personnel and tactics of the German team going into the 2006 campaign. The 2004 German team was dire and he changed that. I was in Germany in 2096 and he was hugely popular with the football public for dropping the so called older star players and going with an offensive youthful side. His US managed team beat teams like Italy for the first time in their history.]

Löw was his assistant manager and the brains behind Germany's post 2004 success.

He did fairly well with USA for the first half of his reign, but was was almost 10 years ago. His record hasn't been good since The 2014 World Cup. Sacked by USA for failing to qualify for The 2018 World Cup, had a controversial spell at Hertha, and then a terrible stint with South Korea.

No thanks.

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 10:22pm

Back to the future stuff, what's the world like in 2096?! Have we qualified for a World Cup yet LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sham96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 10:12pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 9:53pm
Was just thinking that when I read the last comment 😀😀 no thank you Jurgen.  He didn’t even do most of the work in 2006. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 9:49pm

I dont think I've heard a more damning statement from a managerial sacking than Klinsmann with South Korea.

"The KFA has decided to change the national head coach following a comprehensive review," KFA president Chung Mong-gyu said, removing the German after just under a year in charge. 

"Klinsmann has failed to display managerial capability and leadership expected of a national head coach in areas ranging from tactics, personnel management to work attitude and others required to bring about competitiveness to the team," Korea Football Association president Chung Mong-gyu said.

"Klinsmann's attitude and competitiveness as head coach has fallen short of people's expectations and it was agreed that this would not be improved going forward, so we have decided to change leadership ahead of 2026 World Cup qualifying games."

Sham96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 9:37pm
Sham96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

If Jim Crawford comes in as interim manager (as I expect) and we beat or draw with a Belgium B team. Beat Switzerland I guarantee you he will be hard to dislodge with Canham/Hill in charge. It will be well known on the football managerial "coach" grapevine exactly what is on offer/expected. And I don't see a rush for even moderately successful managers to rush in now or later this year.

When do we play Lithuania?
No. Predictor on my phone. Fixed. 

Can it predict the next manager?
https://youtu.be/VOLlLdD0mfw?feature=shared This guy is never wrong with his predictions.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

What's bielsa up to these days.....
He's managing the Uruguay MNT.

Dead
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

He's managing the Uruguay MNT.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 12:28pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

If Jim Crawford comes in as interim manager (as I expect) and we beat or draw with a Belgium B team. Beat Switzerland I guarantee you he will be hard to dislodge with Canham/Hill in charge. It will be well known on the football managerial "coach" grapevine exactly what is on offer/expected. And I don't see a rush for even moderately successful managers to rush in now or later this year.

When do we play Lithuania?
No. Predictor on my phone. Fixed. 

Can it predict the next manager?
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 212>
  Share Topic