You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vital Autumn International v New Zealand (Test)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vital Autumn International v New Zealand (Test)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vital Autumn International v New Zealand (Test)
    Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 3:14pm
I thought the new kit actually looked good the other night once the names/numbers and match details were added onto it. Looked a bit plain before that.

I loved the grey kit from 2007 too, mainly because they sold it without a sponsor with Duff, Keane and Finnan name/numbers on them in the shops.

Edited by Bandwagon - 23 Nov 2023 at 3:14pm
Sponsored Links

Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:36pm
Yeah, I agree. Manufacturers like black (and grey) kits because they are supposedly more suited to casual wear and, since FIFA changed referee's colours in the 1990s, there are no restrictions on them. At least the current one does have some green in it but I'd much prefer the blue, even if it's a non-runner as a regular change kit.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:22pm
We wore a grey kit under Staunton in Cardiff many years ago, and black when we won the Carling Cup under Trappatoni.  You can say there is precedent but it is a relatively recent thing, and driven by the kit makers themselves. 

We have the three national colours, plus blue (for St Patrick or whatever) that we wore against Qatar. 

That's more than enough variation before the kit makers start imposing their own colours on to the team.
Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

And what's with the black shirt? Kit manufacturers shouldn't get to mess with the team's colours.

I'm not a fan of black change kits either but we've worn it before, made by Umbro, in 2011 and 2013 (and a horrible grey, white and black third kit in 2015 that the men's senior team never wore), so it's not exactly unprecedented.

Edited by Seanachie - 22 Nov 2023 at 7:58pm
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 6:45pm
At times New Zealand had five players in the box when attacking last night.

That's the kind of thing you never see an Ireland team do. Playing out from the back is not the revolutionary step it's made out to be. And it doesn't amount to much when risk aversion in the final third is the order of the day.

You'll know a revolution has taken place in Irish football when Johnston is crossing from the wing and five players are trying to get on to the end of it.

And what's with the black shirt? Kit manufacturers shouldn't get to mess with the team's colours.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 1:51pm
Ferguson's introduction was the fiftieth appearance by a teenage player in the last 10 years, with Kenny awarding 42 of those caps
https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1727322255192117405

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 11:14pm
Think once 
Think twice 
Then post 

You are not a comedic genius 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:49pm
Ranked #1 in the world now
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:44pm
Kenny's contact extended after that magnificent draw 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

We drew, but we won

LOLClap
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:25pm
We drew, but we won
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:22pm
An improvement over our last meeting with the All Blacks at the world cup. Kenny may have bought himself a life line. 1 try a piece to be expected in these Autumn conditions.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Won't be a DVD brought out for this one unfortunately 

But there might be one of all the players Kenny capped 😏

I would pay top dollar to be able to watch CJ Hamilton's Irish highlights anytime I want. Hopefully in ultra HD
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

But there might be one of all the players Kenny capped 😏
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:06pm
So close to getting revenge for the heroic defeat at rugby WC last month. Great effort guys...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:03pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It's finally over.

Clinging on for a draw at home in a friendly against a god awful New Zealand team is a fitting way to end it alright.

The worst manager in the history of the Irish football team. Bar nobody.

In every aspect THE worst manager. And to think the idiot was having a go at Stan yesterday who can at least point to a brilliant playing career at Club & Country. The biggest spoofer in football. Thank fcuk it’s over and he’s out the door. 

Surely this lad should be facing a bad.  
AKA pedantic kunt
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Wrecked after Amsterdam and thought I'd make the effort since it was McCleans farewell. Hoped to see a few goals and knew I'd made the correct decision once I seen Kennys line up. Tremendous.

Unreal to go there tonight and see Duffy, McGrath, Doherty, Molumby et al. But I couldn't believe my luck to then see Cullen, Browne, Travers and Manning come on. Tremendous. Couldn't contain my excitement any longer so left just after the 75min mark so I wouldn't cream myself seeing Moran get a few mins against a star studded NZ team. 

What a night and what a way to send Kenny off. Welling up here. Tremendous.

9.8/10
LOLClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic