You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

9/11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9/11
    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:48pm
It really is dreadful when you hear of the stories of lives lost that day, or the irreparable damage that occurred in a truly horrible way.

The World has never been the same since, certainly at a political level.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

No stories personal to me but an event myself and my wife have always been consumed by in terms of documentaries. 

Actually watching right now."9/11: One Day in America" miniseries. I think its probably the best one I have seen. Episode 1 was so moving and really up close to the action
The Netflix documentary on it at the moment is very good, 5 part series on the build up, the event, and the wars and so on that came from it. An awful lot of lives ruined on all sides.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 12:59am
Can't believe its 20 yrs Jeff.

Remember it like it was yesterday.

That's because it was yesterday.

Oh right.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:57pm
No stories personal to me but an event myself and my wife have always been consumed by in terms of documentaries. 

Actually watching right now."9/11: One Day in America" miniseries. I think its probably the best one I have seen. Episode 1 was so moving and really up close to the action

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Sep 2021 at 11:58pm
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

One of my best friend's dad got out of the second tower, rest of his company went up, he went down with another workjmate who didn't make it. Was in a coma for three days. He was the last person to make it out of tower two alive
Whacha gonna do
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:29pm
One of my best friend's dad got out of the second tower, rest of his company went up, he went down with another wirjmate who didn't make it. Was in a coma for three days

Edited by hulkhogan - 11 Sep 2021 at 11:30pm
Whacha gonna do
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:57pm
Anyone on here have any stories or connections?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic