FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joel Bagan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joel Bagan
    Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 4:31pm
Played the full 90 at the weekend in a 1-0 win over rivals Liege which put his team Zulte Waregem top of the Belgian 2nd tier!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 1:29pm
Starts for Zulte Waregem today at LB, they are leading 2-0 at ht, a result that will see them up to 2nd place in Belgiums 2nd tier.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 10:37am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

He's definitely pretty tall for a fullback but admittedly gangly also. 

Games are the necessity for him and isn't going to get that not making Cardiffs matchday squads unless it's a cup game. Suprised Cardiff didn't go the L1/L2 route but this team are newly relegated so should be relatively strong and pushing for promotion. 

Agreed, he just needs games at this stage. Belgium II is a decent league technically and did O'Brien no harm last season. It wont put him on the radar for the senior team, but a good loan and a return to regular Chship football next season and he can still win caps in the future.
Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 9:56am
He's definitely pretty tall for a fullback but admittedly gangly also. 

Games are the necessity for him and isn't going to get that not making Cardiffs matchday squads unless it's a cup game. Suprised Cardiff didn't go the L1/L2 route but this team are newly relegated so should be relatively strong and pushing for promotion. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Better than twiddling his thumbs not making match day squads at Cardiff. If he impresses might get him some interest from teams in the top tier or other leagues on the continent. Going forward he's decent and gets into great positions but defensively he's weak. Wouldn't be trusting him in a back four.
I think I might have said it before in this thread, but my main concern would be that he's extremely lightweight. To be as slender as he is you need to be exceptional to make it at the top level. Doesn't seem to have the blistering pace you may associate with slighter players either.

He's over 6'0, the slight frame is likely down to age and is hardly something that can't be addressed.
Is he? He didn't look that tall when I saw him at Ashton Gate last season. Maybe it was just the angle I had. He is nearly 22 now so you'd expect to see him bulking out soon enough. Have to remember that it's partially down to genetics too
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Better than twiddling his thumbs not making match day squads at Cardiff. If he impresses might get him some interest from teams in the top tier or other leagues on the continent. Going forward he's decent and gets into great positions but defensively he's weak. Wouldn't be trusting him in a back four.
I think I might have said it before in this thread, but my main concern would be that he's extremely lightweight. To be as slender as he is you need to be exceptional to make it at the top level. Doesn't seem to have the blistering pace you may associate with slighter players either.

He's over 6'0, the slight frame is likely down to age and is hardly something that can't be addressed.
We're decent enough..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:39pm

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:36pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 8:40pm
Belgian second division, not a great standard albeit they should be one of the strongest teams in that league.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 8:32pm
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:43am

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

He was getting regular games under Steve Morrison.

Hudson and Lamouchi haven't used him.

Going forward he gets into good positions but defensively he's weak. Not what you want when fighting relegation. Hopefully gets himself a loan cause if Jamilu Collins is fit he'll be warming the bench.

Handing out a new three year deal to a player who only featured 4 times last season would suggest that they have high hopes for him.

Bulut might take a liking to him.

He scored 3 goals in as many games back in early 2022. I would have considered him for a senior cap back then.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:43am
He has been inconsistent since he made the breakthrough under Mick McCarthy. Might have been a flash in the pan, we’ll see. I think his younger brother Sam is still at QPR.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 10:47am

Going forward he gets into good positions but defensively he's weak. Not what you want when fighting relegation. Hopefully gets himself a loan cause if Jamilu Collins is fit he'll be warming the bench.
I would worry about him physically too. He's pretty light weight and doesn't look like he has blistering pace to compensate.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 10:45am

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 9:51am
One can only assume he was given some assurances. At 22 now, he cant afford another season on the sidelines. Mc Clean is 34, O'Dowda (who he has a chance to compete with at club level) has never convinced defensively while Manning is out of favour. There is definitely a chink of light if he can get himself regular game time at Championship level over the next year.
Idah Dream!
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 9:50am

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 10:53pm
The manager is basically questioning his attitude and work ethic in training there. But the manager/club still have belief in him to offer him a three year deal. Hopefully he gets playing more  regular this season.

Edited by darman28 - 02 Jul 2023 at 10:54pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 4:46pm
He did get injured in the one game he started in the league but the manager gave this interview back in December.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-player-told-he-25823979?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

"I really like Joel. He needs to push harder. He needs to want to take his opportunity," Hudson said of the left-back.

"People can say, 'Well he has not had his opportunity.' But it's every day. I've seen players take their opportunity in training and showcase it day in, day out. He needs to demand more from himself. We are trying to get that from him but it needs to come more from within.

"There are opportunities for everyone to come and showcase what they've got. You've seen selection, everyone has pretty much had an opportunity to take it, not just on the pitch, but down there on the training ground as well."

"It's difficult when you've got players in front of you. Callum O'Dowda has played there. We thought that would work with the attacking option at home.

"I'm not saying Joel won't feature, I think Joel needs to push on a bit more. I'm not saying anything to you that I've not said to Joel. 'How much do you want it?'

"When someone would maybe knock on my door and say, 'Look, I really want to get my opportunity and I'm doing it every day', then they'll get it. There needs to be a demand from within."

Edited by J89 - 02 Jul 2023 at 4:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic