FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrew Omobamidele
    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:45pm
Was to blame for the Norwich equaliser. Would also have been to blame for a first half goal that was ruled out because Solanke tapped the ball in from an offside position when it was already going in. The other two Bournemouth goals were nothing to do with him. In general Norwich have been under pressure because of a questionable early red card for the left back.
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:58pm
Anyone watching the Norwich game tonight?how is he playing
Heimatklange View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 10:54am
Always nice when you see a player unexpectedly make a breakthrough, even better that he's playing in a good team and can pass a ball. If he continues to impress for the rest of the season, I don't see any excuse why he shouldn't be blooded in the upcoming Andorra/Hungary games. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Great to see - is he in the team because of injury to a couple of players who’ve played most of the season or because the manager thinks it’s time to give him the chance. Would be great if he features for them next season.

Ben Gibson and Zimmerman are injured hence he’s they keys to the office until the end of the season by the looks of it. Huge experience for him even if he’s only 3rd or 4th choice CB next year. He’s been exceptional since he’s come in general consensus from Norwich fans is he’s like a 28 year old so good today youd forget he was a kid. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:20pm
He's in because of injuries. But they don't have huge depth in the position and Grant Hanley has struggled with the step up to EPL football previously in his career, so it's encouraging to see him get the run and it's possible he may see some game time next season in the Premier League.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
Great to see - is he in the team because of injury to a couple of players who’ve played most of the season or because the manager thinks it’s time to give him the chance. Would be great if he features for them next season.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

started again today and another clean sheet for Norwich

84 of 86 passes completed today I real elsewhere

Not correct. He was 98 for 106. 4th highest number of completed passes by a Norwich player in a single game this season. 

geansaí View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 6:12pm
I've seen a few people say similar in relation to Norwich making sightings but I wouldn't be so sure

They've tried the other route of splurging on big money signings and it nearly crippled them, they don't see relegation as the end of the world. I reckon they will make one or two small signings while banking most of the money. If they get relegated they will sell one or two big names and go all in on getting back up again. People seem to criticize them for it but it's a decent philosophy that won't bankrupt them and promotes youth.

Omobamidele will be in a decent position to benefit over the next few seasons from that philosophy, Idah would have been too if it wasn't for his injuries. Obviously if they go out and sign a striker it will be a different story for him but I'm hoping to see them both in the premiership next season

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:47pm
I would expect them to strengthen through the spine of the team, they stuck with the manager, the lads they had didn't keep them up last time, they will spend I'd say this time round. They won't be hanging their hopes on teenage key position players so premier league experience might not be easy to come by for our lads there.
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:43pm
Norwich are pretty much guaranteed premier league football next season. Having both Idah and omobanidele getting premier league experience will be very welcome indeed.

I suspect idah might go on loan though as the injuries have prevented him challenging for a starting place up front.
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Future CM for Ireland so. 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:24pm

Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:20pm
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The standard of international football is more often than not vastly overrated. If we had another three really good players coming through in key areas of the pitch, we could easily compete with most teams outside the top 10 in the world. 

You'd have to assume one of these players coming through is a striker, but it's fine margins in international football. A relatively settled team who's well drilled and knows exactly what they're doing can go quite far in international football.

A few good players come along at the same time and suddenly your fortunes can change very quickly in international football. The fact is it's been 20 years since we've had a few good players coming along at same time our current state shows.
You make good points. We'll always produce useful players like Molumby, Maguire, Cullen, Browne, probably Connolly and Parrott but, like you indicate, we're missing quality - two or three capable of making a difference. 
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Looking at transfermarkts current stats 19 Irish player have played PL football this year. What’s damning is only 3 of them are aged between 23-28. Egan Robinson and Dunne. We have 6 under 22 and 10 players 29 or over. Surely the middle aged lads should be higher and the younger ages lower?

The way it’s going we could easily be waiting until Caoimhin Kelleher turns 23 in November before we have a player between 23-28 in a PL squad unless Manning goes up with Swansea or a player is signed. That’s what I mean by it may get worse looking before it gets better. 

Yes for sure we have no idea who will end up where. Hourihane was playing L2 football in his early 20s as were Egan Stevens Randolph I think too. 

I noted the same thing a while back. There's literally not a single Republic of Ireland born player in a Premier league first team squad within an entire six year cycle (excluding Dunne's two appearances back at the beginning of the season) This must be entirely unprecedented in the history of the Premier League and even the first division that preceded it. This corresponds to the exact generation that should be the core of our team now and coming to their peak, and its just a black hole. 
Watching our  Under-21's numerous times during the latter part of Don Givens reign and the early part of Noel King's it was abundantly obvious that Grealish and Rice were the only players involved that had much hope of making top international performers, and both had more appealing options of course. The remainder looked like Championship players to be at best, and so it has proven. Everyone on here was laying the blame for the team's failure pretty much squarely on the managers, and while its obvious King at least barely had the interest in winning matches , let alone the competence (more interested in earning his bounty for picking lower league granny rulers) it was overlooking the fact the talent just wasn't there and that is why we are in the position we are now in world football. I actually pity Kenny, or anyone else who takes the job on. Our players are always (or at least usually) far overrated by Ireland fans so no manager can expect to fulfil public expectations, fuelled by the glory of the Charlton years.

Yes this sums it up. Take homegrown options our
Goalkeepers: Randolph Westwood Kelleher Bazunu Travers 
Attackers: Long Maguire Idah Connolly Parrott Obafemi 

Common denominator bar Maguire your talking a decade between Randolph,Long and the younger lads. A reflection of the off the field sh*t.

Maguire Horgan Curtis Browne Manning Lenihan they are the homegrown options between 23-28. No PL potential player in there bar possibly Manning at a push.
Egan of course tops the list a fine player hes 28 at the moment. Even granny rulers Robinson and Cullen is making great strides the two stand outs. 

What we are left with now is player pushing on, or out of form/going off the boil and Kennys original U21s. 

Edited by kevin100 - 08 Apr 2021 at 1:29am
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:32am

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Looking at transfermarkts current stats 19 Irish player have played PL football this year. What’s damning is only 3 of them are aged between 23-28. Egan Robinson and Dunne. We have 6 under 22 and 10 players 29 or over. Surely the middle aged lads should be higher and the younger ages lower?

The way it’s going we could easily be waiting until Caoimhin Kelleher turns 23 in November before we have a player between 23-28 in a PL squad unless Manning goes up with Swansea or a player is signed. That’s what I mean by it may get worse looking before it gets better. 

Yes for sure we have no idea who will end up where. Hourihane was playing L2 football in his early 20s as were Egan Stevens Randolph I think too. 

I noted the same thing a while back. There's literally not a single Republic of Ireland born player in a Premier league first team squad within an entire six year cycle (excluding Dunne's two appearances back at the beginning of the season) This must be entirely unprecedented in the history of the Premier League and even the first division that preceded it. This corresponds to the exact generation that should be the core of our team now and coming to their peak, and its just a black hole. 
Watching our  Under-21's numerous times during the latter part of Don Givens reign and the early part of Noel King's it was abundantly obvious that Grealish and Rice were the only players involved that had much hope of making top international performers, and both had more appealing options of course. The remainder looked like Championship players to be at best, and so it has proven. Everyone on here was laying the blame for the team's failure pretty much squarely on the managers, and while its obvious King at least barely had the interest in winning matches , let alone the competence (more interested in earning his bounty for picking lower league granny rulers) it was overlooking the fact the talent just wasn't there and that is why we are in the position we are now in world football. I actually pity Kenny, or anyone else who takes the job on. Our players are always (or at least usually) far overrated by Ireland fans so no manager can expect to fulfil public expectations, fuelled by the glory of the Charlton years.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:38pm

Personally I don’t think Kenny will be the man long term from what I see but I’d be happy to see him play the summer and September games and have us try to continue with the style of play etc blood some of the younger players. 

If the results improve wholesale then yes obviously that would be a different conversation. 

I feel that, unfortunately for Kenny, it will be the next manager who benefits from Kenny's work here and Kenny knows that.

As the old saying goes, 'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.'
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

As I said, I think even a really solid good finisher playing at good level would make a massive difference to us, maybe we wouldn't beat the likes of Portugal but we be winning more games against teams on par or below us.i would be offering Liam delap a starting position for the next qualifier if I was Kenny. He probably wouldn't except it anyway

Delap won't be playing for us, but like all our young hopefuls the last 24 months, caution is needed.

Troy was drafted into the Spurs team summer of 2019 under Poch. Had a great showing in Asian tournament. Can barely hit a barn door in League 1 now.

Delap is no different. I'll believe it when I see it. Until a player performs consistently at a high level, then we can start waxing lyrical about them. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic