FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrew Omobamidele
    Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 6:38pm
Matheus Cunha embarrassed him a bit in that first goal but Cunha has the ability to do that to many defenders to be fair. LOL
Sponsored Links

Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 6:32pm
Andrew O. played very well today.  Had some tricky moments to deal with, and was very confident and assured on the ball.  Strong performance.  
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Could've done better for Spurs's third and looked a bit too casual in challenging for the header as the ball came across. 
There’s a reason why our great hopes at centre half are playing for relegation fodder. Not good enough (hopefully just at the moment)

I suppose Murillo and Branthwaite no good either cause they are playing for relegation fodder. 

Rubbish posted on here beggars belief at times. Very few CBs at Collins and Omobamidele age playing regularly in the PL.

As for Omobamidele he played well. Himself and Murillo are young but handling themselves very well. 

Edited by kevin100 - 08 Apr 2024 at 7:24pm
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Andrew's recent appearances in a green shirt have been less than convincing. He too often makes careless passes out from the back, and seems to lack a commanding presence in the middle.  Time is on his side, but I think he'll be surpassed by one or more of our other prospects in the next year or so.

I think its a little unfair to judge his ability against one of the top sides in the league whilst playing away with a team that is not only struggling against the fight for relegation but a team that has a multitude of problems off the field with sustainability and a points deduction.

Don't recall Andrew making any errors for any of the Tottenham goals but it is safe to say we have better options out there such as Collins and Scales as well as O'Shea despite his red card against Everton. Hopefully he can instill a little confidence in himself and crack on with his game but it is good to see a little depth in our squad of players playing in the premier league for once, even if they are at the lower end of the table.
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 9:58pm
Andrew's recent appearances in a green shirt have been less than convincing. He too often makes careless passes out from the back, and seems to lack a commanding presence in the middle.  Time is on his side, but I think he'll be surpassed by one or more of our other prospects in the next year or so.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

None of Spurs goals have been anywhere close to attributable to Omobamidele, he's dealt with everything he's had the opportunity to deal with.

He could've been more alert to the cross coming in for the third to make it a bit more difficult for the Spurs player that knocked it on imo. 

I've a feeling when they're going over the video analysis Santo or his coaching team won't be long saying it to him that could've done better there. 

Overall I thought he did pretty well despite the result. 

Edited by irishmufc - 07 Apr 2024 at 8:04pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 7:51pm
None of Spurs goals have been anywhere close to attributable to Omobamidele, he's dealt with everything he's had the opportunity to deal with.
We're decent enough..
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 7:41pm

Could've done better for Spurs's third and looked a bit too casual in challenging for the header as the ball came across. 
There’s a reason why our great hopes at centre half are playing for relegation fodder. Not good enough (hopefully just at the moment)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 7:20pm
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 6:41pm
Always like him and think he is going to be a big player for us, but the last two games he played for us made a load of sloppy passes! Think he has the ability though 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Playing very well here so far despite Forest being a goal down.

I know we overrate our players at times but I think he's a classy player who can reach another level if he can stay injury free. 

I think he's our best prospect in the defence department. 

People go on about Collins in midfield but Omobamidele is arguably just as comfortable on the ball as Collins is to play in that holding role should we needed to fill a gap in there. 
I'd argue he's more comfortable on the ball than Collins. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I know we overrate our players at times but I think he's a classy player who can reach another level if he can stay injury free. 

People go on about Collins in midfield but Omobamidele is arguably just as comfortable on the ball as Collins is to play in that holding role should we needed to fill a gap in there. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 6:25pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 6:19pm

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 11:26am
I'm a bit suprised he is getting so much gametime under Nuno who is a fairly conservative manager who can sometimes not be the most trusting of young players. Think they suffered with AFCON and injuries giving him a chance so hopefully he is making the most of that.

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 9:55pm
Played the full 90 mins tonight for Forest in a great 3-1 win over Fulham, a team who had been very good lately. Forest now up to 17th Be great to see him get a run of games to the end of the season
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:31pm
Scores!!

An own goal 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 5:19pm
He had a chance of being man of the match. Made some important blocks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
  Share Topic