You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 113>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA Football
    Posted: 4 hours 27 minutes ago at 8:18pm
Fair play ro tg4 for their continued support of the underage competitions they are showing 3 games live tonight via their YouTube channels 

When sky pulled out I'd hoped they would get some of the coverage of the senior championship but it went to gaago instead 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 10 minutes ago at 5:35pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Great result for Louth u20s last night going to parnell park and beating Dublin by 4 points to reach the leinster u20 final

The should really cut the funding for Louth and give other teams a chance.
If anything Louth are an example that you can grow your teams with just the funding you are getting. The funding argument is an easy go to for the counties that are under performing but it not the only thing that needs improving imo (picture below is 2023 funding)

Probably shouldn't look too much into this theory until Louth beat Dublin at senior level. Could happen this year you never know 😂

The argument with dublins funding has been that they can use it to employ extra coaches etc at school and club level so this should see their underage teams continuing to dominate at underage levels but this doesn't seem to be the example 

As I've mentioned multiple times before, in my own junior club we employed a GDO for a few years. It was matched funding so we had to raise half and the county board/GAA contributed the other half. Every club was at it to keep up. Was this scheme not offered nationwide?

Wouldn't have a clue if was offered nationwide or not know my club a junior club here in Donegal and didn't have anything like that in place but definitely wouldn't use my club as an example of what was happening in the whole county we been lucky to field senior teams in the last 10 years 😱
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 20 minutes ago at 1:25pm

Great result for Louth u20s last night going to parnell park and beating Dublin by 4 points to reach the leinster u20 final

If anything Louth are an example that you can grow your teams with just the funding you are getting. The funding argument is an easy go to for the counties that are under performing but it not the only thing that needs improving imo (picture below is 2023 funding)

Probably shouldn't look too much into this theory until Louth beat Dublin at senior level. Could happen this year you never know 😂

The argument with dublins funding has been that they can use it to employ extra coaches etc at school and club level so this should see their underage teams continuing to dominate at underage levels but this doesn't seem to be the example 

As I've mentioned multiple times before, in my own junior club we employed a GDO for a few years. It was matched funding so we had to raise half and the county board/GAA contributed the other half. Every club was at it to keep up. Was this scheme not offered nationwide?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 26 minutes ago at 10:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That explains why Down are so sh*te

Anyone know why they're bottom of the table?
Some counties got absolutely screwed by the GAA. Downs population 500k and Antrim 650k. Yet neither got funding any close to proportionate to Dublin. But then again nobody did. Just look at Cork. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 30 minutes ago at 10:15am
That explains why Down are so sh*te

Anyone know why they're bottom of the table?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 32 minutes ago at 10:13am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

And it’s interesting to see a lot of Leinster teams higher in that list than more successful counties (including successful counties with the small ball). Dublin dominance doesn’t explain why they are so poor at the moment.
I believe the imbalance comes from the gaa trying to even things up after Dublin's ridiculous funding over a long period. But as can be seen at senior level I think it's past the point of no return for the province. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe Offaly won't lose by 10 points this weekend.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 35 minutes ago at 10:10am
And it’s interesting to see a lot of Leinster teams higher in that list than more successful counties (including successful counties with the small ball). Dublin dominance doesn’t explain why they are so poor at the moment.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 36 minutes ago at 10:09am

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 55 minutes ago at 9:50am

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 13 minutes ago at 9:32am

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 49 minutes ago at 8:56am

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 55 minutes ago at 7:50am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Murder of a GAA chairman on RTE One at the minute. Loyalists in mid Ulster in the 1990's were being controlled by RUC Special Branch. They were a law unto themselves and targeted Catholics of standing like Sean Brown so as to strike the fear of God into the Catholic community. The sh*te that we had to put up with was unreal and yet all you would think is that it was only the RA who killed people.
That's what the anti republican Anglo Irish media would have you believe anyway. 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 9:56pm
Murder of a GAA chairman on RTE One at the minute. Loyalists in mid Ulster in the 1990's were being controlled by RUC Special Branch. They were a law unto themselves and targeted Catholics of standing like Sean Brown so as to strike the fear of God into the Catholic community. The sh*te that we had to put up with was unreal and yet all you would think is that it was only the RA who killed people.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 9:09pm

Tickets for donegal vs tyrone been allocated through the clubs only any remaining tickets available going on ticketmaster Thursday. See a few not happy it's been played in Derry but must say it's the first smart decision I've seen from ulster gaa in a while less distance to travel and 14000 in celtic park will make for a cracking atmosphere compared to maybe a little higher attendance in a half empty clones 
Great decision. I thought Celtic park held more?

It used to hold 18500 but health and safety has seen that been cut was 14714 at the game on Saturday night but it felt like more wasn't much room to move on the terrace 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 5:45pm

Tickets for donegal vs tyrone been allocated through the clubs only any remaining tickets available going on ticketmaster Thursday. See a few not happy it's been played in Derry but must say it's the first smart decision I've seen from ulster gaa in a while less distance to travel and 14000 in celtic park will make for a cracking atmosphere compared to maybe a little higher attendance in a half empty clones 
Great decision. I thought Celtic park held more?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:28pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:17pm

Delighted with the result yesterday had full belief that jim and the boys would win yesterday this donegal team is a lot better than they were been portrayed by 99% of the media in the lead up to the game. Derry only beat that side after extra time 2 years ago and only players missing from the donegal side were Murphy and mcgee and the rest of the fellas have 2 more years in them in terms of s&c and county experience 

Derry on the other hand are been slightly over hyped in my honest opinion yes,they won back to back ulster titles the previous 2 years but 1 of them was won on penalties and the other after extra time. Alot was made of their league final win but as has been seen in previous years league and championship are 2 different challenges altogether 

The challenge now for donegal is back that performance up next weekend in the semi final. Hopefully pattons injury isn't too bad and we might get a few others back also. Jim will have a serious squad to pick from when everyone is fit 

This
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 113>
  Share Topic