FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthony Scully
    Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Hopefully picks up where he was with Lincoln. Hindsight is a beautiful thing but I bet he wishes he stayed at Lincoln. Would have been a free agent this summer and got himself a better move than Portsmouth.

Not a terrible move for the lad. Portsmouth are a big club by L1 standards, but it does seem like a bit of a wasted year alright!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 7:12pm
Hopefully picks up where he was with Lincoln. Hindsight is a beautiful thing but I bet he wishes he stayed at Lincoln. Would have been a free agent this summer and got himself a better move than Portsmouth.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 7:03pm
Signs for Portsmouth.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:45pm
Gets a first start in the last game of the season, only his 5th appearance this season.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

This lads career seems to be stalling at Wigan. Shame.

Thats 2 theyve ruined now after Jamie Mc Grath. The new Celtic Smile
Idah Dream!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:45pm
This lads career seems to be stalling at Wigan. Shame.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 7:36pm
Jack Byrne as well.

Well, the manager who wanted him was gone not long after he signed. 

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 26 Dec 2022 at 7:37pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 6:36pm
Basically had the same thing happen to him that happened to McGrath. Club signed him, manager didn't want him. New manager in there now, wants a look at players.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 6:26pm
Got some minutes today.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:06pm
Signed late on transfer deadline day. Surprised he moved in the summer and didn't wait until Jan when his contract had six months left or walked on a free next summer.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:04pm
Fook i hadn't even realised he signed for Wigan. Must have been very low key..
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 7:54pm
Just not getting in it seems. One complaint Wigan fans had was Richardson seemed to have his favourites and was reluctant to give other players a chance.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 7:42pm
I was wonder this myself over the weekend.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 6:27pm
What's the craic with the lad? is he injured or just not getting a run.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 3:17pm
Wigan becoming somewhat of a poorhouse for Irish attacking players. Byrne, McGrath and now Scully not getting a look in there. Was hoping to see if Scully could translate his form at a higher level, especially given Parrott's struggles and Idah's inability to remain fit.

On the other hand, Keane and McClean.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 07 Oct 2022 at 3:22pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 3:28pm
That's a great move for him.

Definitely needed to move up if he wanted to get in the Ireland squad. Hope it works out for him.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 11:07am
Just seen this move this morning. Great news and good move for Scully.
 He will probably play second fiddle to McClean and Lang but with injuries, suspensions and the rotations for the double match weeks of the Championship he should get plenty of chances. His strongest position for Lincoln was on the left wing where he would cut side and score goals with his dominant right foot. So it will be interesting to see how he gets on and where Wigan play him.
I have noticed that Wigan have tweaked their formation from a 4-2-3-1 to a 3-5-2 lately tho, I remember when Lincoln did something similar over the past two seasons and Scully would be dropped to accommodate it. 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 10:42am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

good move, about time to step up to championship

Good move, a decent step up, if he can force his way in to the team and start scoring regularly in the Championship, then he will come in to consideration for future squads. His goal involvement ratio in senior football is very good - can he keep his figures up in the Championship?

Likely to be competing with McClean if Wigan go back to trying 4-2-3-1. That will be a tough battle for him or they could try him as a CF if they stick with 3-5-2.

Good signing for Wigan as if they do end up back in League One they've got a player with good numbers in that league and playing with a better team would be more consistent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic