Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct
    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Mick's man management style leaves a lot to be desired, he speaks as if it's the 1990's where player power and expression of thoughts/feelings were minimal.

He comes across as a man who could regret burning bridges with players also, there is absolutely no need to be as cut throat with his comments to the media.

I'd much rather he spoke the usual sh*te and gave the media a load of blarney than start name checking players and basically saying they're not in his plans.

Football can change in the blink of an eye, we all know how sensitive the modern day professional football is nowadays! 

McCarthy - Westwood is now a last resort for Ireland (early October)

McCarthy - Calls Westwood up for qualifier against Denmark (late October)

Don't get me started on his stupid comment on Ryan Manning.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:01pm
Think this game we would be better off with the pace of Long along with Connolly . Long can do what Collins is doing but he actually has pace . 

Bollox

Sorry wrong thread :)

Edited by FunkyMonkey - 15 Oct 2019 at 8:02pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Has anybody got that 2 minute clip of McClean? It's been taken down from the site it was on
+1
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:37pm
Has anybody got that 2 minute clip of McClean? It's been taken down from the site it was on
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:18pm
They tried to pass to Whelan but he was hiding behind a Georgian.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Only heard today that McClean and Hourihane gave away the ball 45 times between them on Saturday. That is disgraceful at any level of football.

Kin ellEmbarrassed

We are a stone age football country.  At least for now.  
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:38pm
Only heard today that McClean and Hourihane gave away the ball 45 times between them on Saturday. That is disgraceful at any level of football.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:32am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

mcclean for Connolly!!!!!ok I get it mccleans been muck for us lately but has nobody seen how bad Robinson is....f**k me,id put him up there in the top 5 worst players we've ever capped at senior level.

Nah. Robinson is a decent player. However, the way we play we just can't get the best out of him. When Kenny takes over, I am confident he will do well as our style of play will suit him much better. 

The only way is up
Roger Lonnegan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Lonnegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:29am
Dont get those raw reviews over McClean. Robinson was much more worse in Georgia. McClean can play in any place in the midfield of a team. We need James Mccarthy and Brady in the 11 with McClean. I would also place young Doherty as holding mid.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:42am
Originally posted by greenscene greenscene wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

When robinson played out wide for preston it was wide left, o dowda wide left also, you feel people are being played out of position alot just to accommodate mcclean the donkey
It been happening for years. Even when Brady was actually playing well, he was being shoe horned into other positions to please McClean. 
Someone put a video of 2 minutes of McCleans worst moments on Saturday. It was dreadful viewing. So hard to play with someone who loses the ball so much as him,and with so little positional sense. It infuriates me that he is getting away with it week after week 
imagine what’s it like being the left back with him in front of you.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:39am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Both Robinson and McClean are better with the ball played in front of them into space. For some reason, against Georgia they were essentially trying to either hold the ball up or turn with the ball at feet. If that was a tactical step, it was wrong. Otherwise it was just more poor play from Hourihane and Hendrick. All four were sh*te, so Collins got nothing to work with. 

I think we’ll see better from Robinson in the future. I think we’ve already seen the best of McClean.

McCarthy will stick with McClean for his ability to break up attacks. I’d say Connolly will get his chance in place of Robinson.

His ability to break up the oppositions attacks or break up our own attacks by constantly losing possession?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:21am
Both Robinson and McClean are better with the ball played in front of them into space. For some reason, against Georgia they were essentially trying to either hold the ball up or turn with the ball at feet. If that was a tactical step, it was wrong. Otherwise it was just more poor play from Hourihane and Hendrick. All four were sh*te, so Collins got nothing to work with. 

I think we’ll see better from Robinson in the future. I think we’ve already seen the best of McClean.

McCarthy will stick with McClean for his ability to break up attacks. I’d say Connolly will get his chance in place of Robinson.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by greenscene greenscene wrote:

When robinson played out wide for preston it was wide left, o dowda wide left also, you feel people are being played out of position alot just to accommodate mcclean the donkey
It been happening for years. Even when Brady was actually playing well, he was being shoe horned into other positions to please McClean. 
Someone put a video of 2 minutes of McCleans worst moments on Saturday. It was dreadful viewing. So hard to play with someone who loses the ball so much as him,and with so little positional sense. It infuriates me that he is getting away with it week after week 

got a link to that?
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:40pm

WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

what’s happened to Robinson , he’s played well and been lively up-to the last couple of match’s ? He looks like a little boy now amongst men 

He got diluted
Not true! Those rumours have been squashed; relations remain cordial.

Quashed! 
How would that be a pun? 

Quash? The drink?
I got ye son👍

Always there when I need a good man 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:10pm

what’s happened to Robinson , he’s played well and been lively up-to the last couple of match’s ? He looks like a little boy now amongst men 

He got diluted

Quashed! 
How would that be a pun? 

Quash? The drink?
I got ye son👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:54pm
Never had it, I will keep a look out for it.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:48pm

He got diluted

Quashed! 
How would that be a pun? 

Quash? The drink?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>
  Share Topic