FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luca Connell
    Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 10:47pm
Seen that.
Hopefully he has fully recovered from his illness and get back playing regular again.
Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 9:18pm
off the bench for his first game of the season
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 2:05pm
Hadn't featured in any of the Barnsley squads so far this season. Manager gave an update this morning that Luca is dealing with an illness and while it's improving slowly there's no definitive timescale regarding his return.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

https://twitter.com/efl_comms/status/1679423097894580226?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ 

long story short potential issues for Barnsley. 

Might help see Connell kick on up a division. 

They'll get hit with a points deduction but will likely be suspended. Same happened to Birmingham this season.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 7:45pm
The other side to that is tie him down to a longer contract to increase any potential transfer fee 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 7:12pm
Four years plus an option of a fifth in the club's favour - doesn't sound like he'll be going anywhere any time soon.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 7:09pm
Has reportedly put pen to paper on a new 4 year contract at Barnsley, so maybe that puts any transfer rumours to bed.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 1:36pm
https://twitter.com/efl_comms/status/1679423097894580226?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ 

long story short potential issues for Barnsley. 

Might help see Connell kick on up a division. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Duff officially announced as Swansea manager. Hopefully may lead to Luca getting a championship move.

Matt Grimes will likely kick onto another club this summer. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to suspect Luca Connell will be viewed as his replacement as a priority by Duff. 

Would make sense.

How many managers bring in players from their former clubs? These days it really doesn't happy very often at all. Which makes sense given that clubs have their own scouting and analytics teams. 

It happens a bit. In the context of Grimes potentially leaving it would make perfect sense too, replace one left-footed deep-lying playmaker with another.

Yup regardless of Michael Duff managing Connell would be prominent on any list of players to replace a player like Grimes. 

Just makes sense similar to Cullen going to Burnley made sense last year. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Duff officially announced as Swansea manager. Hopefully may lead to Luca getting a championship move.

Matt Grimes will likely kick onto another club this summer. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to suspect Luca Connell will be viewed as his replacement as a priority by Duff. 

Would make sense.

How many managers bring in players from their former clubs? These days it really doesn't happy very often at all. Which makes sense given that clubs have their own scouting and analytics teams. 

It happens a bit. In the context of Grimes potentially leaving it would make perfect sense too, replace one left-footed deep-lying playmaker with another.
We're decent enough..
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 12:29pm

Would make sense.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:43am

Would make sense.

Edited by kevin100 - 23 Jun 2023 at 11:44am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 10:38pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 7:33pm
With Russell Martin Southampton bound the talk is Michael Duff is the man Swansea want to replace him with. Wonder would he look to bring someone like Luca with him.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If you were going to spend £1.5 or £2m on a league 1 player this summer, would you spend it on Connell or Jack Taylor? I think most Championship clubs would probably choose Taylor.

They play in similar positions but TBF they are different players with different attributes and styles so different styled clubs would be attracted to either for different reasons.

First off Taylor is right footed and Connell is left footed. Connell is a better set piece taker than Taylor. Taylor seems more of a physical athlete than Connell and Taylor has played 6, 8 and 10 midfield roles for The Posh, where Connell has mostly played deeper midfield roles for Barnsley.

Off course Taylor would edge it because he is older (25yo in late June), has had a season playing in the Championship already and has played over 250 career appearances.
But Connell has stuff going for him, Left footer, good set piece taker, he was joint 6th in the League one  assist table and only gone 22yo. I think Taylor would go for more than Connell TBH.

I think what Connell offers is be more rare then what Taylor offers. Taylor will likely get his move but he won’t even be the most sought after Irish player with the attributes mention above. Killian Phillips I suspect will attract more attention. 

Taylor will end up at Rotherham/Sheffield Wednesday a team of that type and I’d back him to make an impact. 

Only issue for Connell is will Barnsley price teams out of a move. Your relying on a Norwich type team to just blow Barnsley out the water for Connell.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If you were going to spend £1.5 or £2m on a league 1 player this summer, would you spend it on Connell or Jack Taylor? I think most Championship clubs would probably choose Taylor.

They play in similar positions but TBF they are different players with different attributes and styles so different styled clubs would be attracted to either for different reasons.

First off Taylor is right footed and Connell is left footed. Connell is a better set piece taker than Taylor. Taylor seems more of a physical athlete than Connell and Taylor has played 6, 8 and 10 midfield roles for The Posh, where Connell has mostly played deeper midfield roles for Barnsley.

Off course Taylor would edge it because he is older (25yo in late June), has had a season playing in the Championship already and has played over 250 career appearances.
But Connell has stuff going for him, Left footer, good set piece taker, he was joint 6th in the League one  assist table and only gone 22yo. I think Taylor would go for more than Connell TBH.

Edited by darman28 - 29 May 2023 at 10:13pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

I would like to see him move up a level to the Championship. I would not be over confident that Barnsley will do well in League One next season with the nature of League One.. 
How much of a fee would it cost for Connell do ye think? And what Championship clubs would pay that amount?
He did sign for Barnsley on a free, so any fee for Connell is a profit for them really.

First team that jumps to mind would probably be Bristol City. Alex Scott could be on the move this summer and Bristol will likely get a good fee for him. They might see Luca as a player they could buy and sell for a profit in time.

Also thought this. I could definitely see him pushing Matty James and Joe Williams for a holding midfield position. It'll be interesting if Scott goes, if Bristol City spend that money properly they could end up in the promotion picture.

I've seen a lot of Norwich fans over the months complaining about how they don't have a proper no.6. Connell or Conor Coventry could suit them. Both young enough to develop further & sell for profit in a few years.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:05pm

I would like to see him move up a level to the Championship. I would not be over confident that Barnsley will do well in League One next season with the nature of League One.. 
How much of a fee would it cost for Connell do ye think? And what Championship clubs would pay that amount?
He did sign for Barnsley on a free, so any fee for Connell is a profit for them really.

First team that jumps to mind would probably be Bristol City. Alex Scott could be on the move this summer and Bristol will likely get a good fee for him. They might see Luca as a player they could buy and sell for a profit in time.

Also thought this. I could definitely see him pushing Matty James and Joe Williams for a holding midfield position. It'll be interesting if Scott goes, if Bristol City spend that money properly they could end up in the promotion picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic