FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2021 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 50>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
good luck charm 2019 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote good luck charm 2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under-21 Euro 2021 Qualifying
    Posted: 20 hours 15 minutes ago at 3:51pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think it's a waste of a jersey having the likes of Elbouzedi in there. The guy is clearly never going to be a senior international for Ireland. There must be 100 Irish players under the age of 21 who are no worse than he was tonight, anyone can pick up the ball out wide and repeatedly chip it straight into the opposition keeper's hands. 

Need to look at getting Scully and Barrett in for November to give us something different out wide in attack. Play Parrott up front in his best position and leave Idah on the bench or with the Under 19s until he improves. 

There's a reason why we never qualify for Under 21 finals. The few players we produce who are international standard are already with the seniors by that age and what's left behind them isn't up to much. Same will probably happen with this bunch, Kenny will be with the seniors before the under 21 campaign finishes, he will take the best five or six players with him and the whole thing will fizzle out. 

I thought we are suppose to be developing a golden generation of under 21's for our senior team but yet we can't even qualify for the under 21's finals.

I have looked all these supposed great player's in the under 21's, most of them are playing in the eircom league . The rest are with championship clubs and very few of them are getting games with their, clubs .

Troy Parrot is our only potentially world class player and he has yet to make his premier league debut for Tottenham.

Araon Connnolly is the only one who has broken in to the senior team and he is playing with a potential regulation club in Brighton . He could very easily find himself playing in the championship next season.

Even if Stephen Kenny is a really top coach and can get us playing proper football . He isn't a miracle worker . Looking at the young lads coming through, we haven't a hope of qualifying for the next world cup .

We are going to be drawn in a group consisting of three of either spain, England, Portugal, Holland, Croatia, France , Germany, Italy, Belgium, turkey, Serbia, Switzerland, Iceland, Ukraine, cezch republic, wales, Austria, Poland, Denmark, Kosovo, Sweden, Russia, northern Ireland, Romania , finland, norway etc and there are very few of those teams that we could actually beat

We will need to be drawn in a weak group to even qualify for a play off and even then we will to draw a very weak team and their aren't many weak teams in the world cup play offs.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:54pm
I think it's a waste of a jersey having the likes of Elbouzedi in there. The guy is clearly never going to be a senior international for Ireland. There must be 100 Irish players under the age of 21 who are no worse than he was tonight, anyone can pick up the ball out wide and repeatedly chip it straight into the opposition keeper's hands. 

Need to look at getting Scully and Barrett in for November to give us something different out wide in attack. Play Parrott up front in his best position and leave Idah on the bench or with the Under 19s until he improves. 

There's a reason why we never qualify for Under 21 finals. The few players we produce who are international standard are already with the seniors by that age and what's left behind them isn't up to much. Same will probably happen with this bunch, Kenny will be with the seniors before the under 21 campaign finishes, he will take the best five or six players with him and the whole thing will fizzle out. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Mandeoiu was class against Sweden. 

Exactly. Himself and Elbouzedi are both useful. I'm by no means a huge LOI proponent but there's plenty of young talent there at the moment, and they're certainly part of that.
We're decent enough..
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:09pm
McCauley should be there natural finisher. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:09pm
Mandeoiu was class against Sweden. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:09pm
Between the fans?
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:08pm
Bit of trouble after the final whistle
Nialler View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:06pm
Less than ideal, but huge wind and astroturf pitch in the freezing cold, always going to suit Iceland. Saying that Mandroiu and Elbouzedi arent up to the other lads standard imo. I like a nod to LOI as much as the next man but they are fairly basic players compared to the other lads. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:58pm
Poor result
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Link up play poor, the number 10 position is a problem for us at all levels

Hardly, Ronan is a classy player and has shown as much under Kenny, Italy was his first poor game. Mandroiu is very talented too but doesn't seem to have got going today.

Really? From what I've seen of those two neither has a hope of being genuinely senior international standard. 
McCarthyy21 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:52pm
Can really hear them getting on eachothers backs
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
Lee O'Connor sent off
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
O'connor sent off - 2 yellows
Darren View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
stream back up now in 88th minute !
Darren View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:49pm
stream down here too. We didn't look too inspired from what I could see against a team that are hardly world beaters. Hopefully can pull it back in the last few minutes and has just been an off day.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:45pm
Masterson misses a good chance to equalise apparently..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Link up play poor, the number 10 position is a problem for us at all levels

Hardly, Ronan is a classy player and has shown as much under Kenny, Italy was his first poor game. Mandroiu is very talented too but doesn't seem to have got going today.
We're decent enough..
InspectorShaboink View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InspectorShaboink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:43pm
joke this isn’t on free to air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 50>
  Share Topic