You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA football 2019
    Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 2:29pm
The drive for five begins today
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

What drive?  Sure, they might as well hand it to the Dubs now. Everyone else seems to be getting left further behind. Cry

The only consolation I am taking is that at least Dublin use their talents and play it the way it should be ie get the ball into the forwards sharpish and get as many scores as possible while everyone else bores us to tears with their blanket defences and laborious hand-passing.

Edited by ConorMac77 - 03 Sep 2018 at 2:43pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 3:25pm
Would love to see Donegal try route one football next year with Murphy and McBrearty inside for most of the game. Galway had success with it and so did Tyrone yesterday when they put a few balls in. No team has really tried it enough so would be interesting to see. Not saying it would be enough to beat Dublin but worth a try for the first 20 mins of a game to try and test them and get on the front foot.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Would love to see Donegal try route one football next year with Murphy and McBrearty inside for most of the game. Galway had success with it and so did Tyrone yesterday when they put a few balls in. No team has really tried it enough so would be interesting to see. Not saying it would be enough to beat Dublin but worth a try for the first 20 mins of a game to try and test them and get on the front foot.

We need to do alot of work on strength and conditioning over the winter as looked wau behind tyrone that day in ballybofey. A number of players id like to see used more next year stephen mcbearty been 1 as think hes an idedl option in the half forward line. Jason mcgee should be back in the squad next year too which should help with our midfield issues
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

We need to do alot of work on strength and conditioning over the winter as looked wau behind tyrone that day in ballybofey. A number of players id like to see used more next year stephen mcbearty been 1 as think hes an idedl option in the half forward line. Jason mcgee should be back in the squad next year too which should help with our midfield issues

Yeah I think the team will be a lot stronger next year with all the players back. We had Tyrone on the ropes that game in Ballyboefy which shows we arnt too far off but really looking forward to see what they can do next year. Some of the subs made that day I couldn’t understand. Think Stephen along with Cian Mulligan, Daire O Baoill will have a big impact next year.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

What drive?  Sure, they might as well hand it to the Dubs now. Everyone else seems to be getting left further behind. Cry

The only consolation I am taking is that at least Dublin use their talents and play it the way it should be ie get the ball into the forwards sharpish and get as many scores as possible while everyone else bores us to tears with their blanket defences and laborious hand-passing.

Do you watch Dublin play.  They don't get it forward quickly they are very patient in fact ..
AKA pedantic kunt
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:09pm
Cavan  to play Monaghan in the Ulster QF's Shocked

Dublin away to Louth or Wexford in Leinster 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Oct 2018 at 9:11pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:13pm
Don’t know how many more times I can watch Tyrone hammer Derry in the Championship 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ah Jaysus that’s the dubs fcked 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:17pm

I know ffs Cry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:27pm

I know ffs Cry
I mean come on, bad enough Louth or Wexford but away too Cry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:28pm

I know ffs Cry
I mean come on, bad enough Louth or Wexford but away too Cry

That's the drive for five gone for a hop Cry

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Don’t know how many more times I can watch Tyrone hammer Derry in the Championship 

Should be ourselves against yous in an Ulster semi final as I'd expect us to beat fermanagh in 1st round and can't see Derry or Antrim causing yous any harm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:00pm
It's some joke that Provincial winners have to play pre-lim games.

FFS you should be rewarded for winning your province not punished (to an extent)
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

FFS you should be rewarded for winning your province not punished (to an extent)

Who are you talking about? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Who are you talking about? 

I'm just talking in general.

Provincial winners should be seeded, reward them for success.

Donegal for argument sake could have been drawn in the pre-lim for 2019 for example.

I remember Tipp winning the Hurling All Ireland (should take preference over winning your province) and then having to play in the pre-lim the following year. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:14pm
In ulster I get it because it's a long path to the all ireland series from a pre-lim round. But it's a disaster I munster in my opinion. And I wouldn't be in favour of it at all in connacht 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:01am
They should be scrapping the current provincial system altogether.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 60>
  Share Topic