FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 147>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umbro not for ÉIRE
    Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 5:57pm
I see a certain ex poster here centrally linked with Umbro, who may or may not have fell on hard times since, flogging signed jerseys online. When you zoom in on the signed match-worn photos you can see it's not even match worn because it's from Score Draw, doubts about the signature now as well
 LOLLOLLOL

Edited by dangere_here - 17 Mar 2023 at 5:57pm
Sponsored Links

Sheikh Yerbouti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheikh Yerbouti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Days have passed and the jury is still out on this new logo. Had a good chat with a graphic designer pal of mine and he is agreement that this has the hallmarks of a foreign design team producing a lazy assed design. Did Castore come up with this sh*te?? If you google 'Ireland Logo' up will come a shutterstock design complete with a lopsided shamrock in a circle. They have also ripped off the German fa logo too. How this was put out to competition or given to some company with a good history of football logo design. I know alot including myself were not a huge fan of the last crest but at least it had something creative about it compared to this kak that would be more suited to a kids football shirt in Dunnes Stores.

I was warming to the new crest, but now I'm starting to feel like we've been had. 
Im technically Catholic, its the box you have to tick on the census form: 'Dont believe in God, but I do still hate Rangers.' - Dara Briain
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 6:12pm
It's an absolutely awful logo.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 2:07pm

Days have passed and the jury is still out on this new logo. Had a good chat with a graphic designer pal of mine and he is agreement that this has the hallmarks of a foreign design team producing a lazy assed design. Did Castore come up with this sh*te?? If you google 'Ireland Logo' up will come a shutterstock design complete with a lopsided shamrock in a circle. They have also ripped off the German fa logo too. How this was put out to competition or given to some company with a good history of football logo design. I know alot including myself were not a huge fan of the last crest but at least it had something creative about it compared to this kak that would be more suited to a kids football shirt in Dunnes Stores.

Chips don't bounce
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 2:03pm
Days have passed and the jury is still out on this new logo. Had a good chat with a graphic designer pal of mine and he is agreement that this has the hallmarks of a foreign design team producing a lazy assed design. Did Castore come up with this sh*te?? If you google 'Ireland Logo' up will come a shutterstock design complete with a lopsided shamrock in a circle. They have also ripped off the German fa logo too. How was this not put out to competition or given to some company with a good history of football logo design. I know alot including myself were not a huge fan of the last crest but at least it had something creative about it compared to this kak that would be more suited to a kids football shirt in Dunnes Stores.

Edited by drog addict - 14 Mar 2023 at 2:08pm
Chips don't bounce
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:11am
Be interesting to see if there's a Mens team sponsor announced before next week. Would expect Sky to be labelled across Womens jersey like last years launch.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 10:06am
Castore confirmed, jersey launches Monday 20th & Castore providing the FAI with a new online store along with more shops stocking Ireland products.

Deal runs to 2028
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:01am
Loads of New balance gear from the past up on elveries over the weekend.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 9:01pm
Hill the Hun is single handedly responsible for us throwing away the 35 year unbeaten record to the Auld Enemy all for a few quids bribe to replace New Zealand. Can't even call him a traitor, a fifth columnist more like.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Let's be honest here, it's a million times better than the previous one, yes people don't like the tilted shamrock and the use of IRELAND over ÉIRE but if these are the things people have to complain about then fair enough, I'd imagine majority who complain about it not being Éire probably only know a cúpla focal and are hardly tuning into Tg4 everyday.

Yes it would have been nice but unfortunately and I hate to say it English is the language most used in the country.

You'd be surprised. I often make the comparison between gaeilgeorí and LOI fans. No body thinks they exist until you scratch the surface and realise they're literally everywhere. Sleeper cells all over the place!

Regardless of the proficiency of béarla, Irish is the official language of the state, personally I'd prefer us to have Éire on the crest. Was never a runner given the top man is a Tan. 

Tan - ffs 
Black and Tan better?

Anyway, anyone that thinks Hill can or does make decisions in the dictator like way Delaney did for years has had their head buried in the sand as the new governance structures were adopted. Either that or they actually miss the JD days and hope its more of the same.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:48pm
Crest is a disgrace. I couldn't care less if it is Irish or Klingon on it in anyways but it's a stain on our football heritage, simple as. FAI should have put it to a votenof season ticket holders. I'm boycotting all FAI goods with his logo on, it's a shagging disgrace.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:36pm

Let's be honest here, it's a million times better than the previous one, yes people don't like the tilted shamrock and the use of IRELAND over ÉIRE but if these are the things people have to complain about then fair enough, I'd imagine majority who complain about it not being Éire probably only know a cúpla focal and are hardly tuning into Tg4 everyday.

Yes it would have been nice but unfortunately and I hate to say it English is the language most used in the country.

You'd be surprised. I often make the comparison between gaeilgeorí and LOI fans. No body thinks they exist until you scratch the surface and realise they're literally everywhere. Sleeper cells all over the place!

Regardless of the proficiency of béarla, Irish is the official language of the state, personally I'd prefer us to have Éire on the crest. Was never a runner given the top man is a Tan. 

Tan - ffs 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 8:34pm

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 6:24pm

Probably should put this in the unpopular opinion thread, but I didn’t hate the old crest.

We obviously needed a new one. And while Ireland Football just doesn’t roll of the tongue, the crest itself is fairly inoffensive in my opinion. 

Edited by Cabs88 - 10 Mar 2023 at 6:31pm
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 6:11pm

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by rockyroad rockyroad wrote:

My attempt versus the original. 

I like your version better  👍

To be honest i think Rockroad has nailed it Clap

Yep small changes but makes a massive difference Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 3:34pm
Is the outside circle going to be orange on the jersey like the original leaked image or see throigh green?

That tilted shamrock doing my head in aswell
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

How it looks on the kit will be important. But, returning to the circular crest is a start. The previous crest didnt have great symmetry. In the abstract, I think it's fine. But how it looks on the kit will be the determining factor.

I think, regardless of the nod to the old crest, we were inevitably going to see a circular crest. Most new designs are headed that way as they're more versatile for digital media and (I believe) it is a better choice when it comes to embroidery.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 147>
  Share Topic