You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Kelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liam Kelly
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm
Young lad makes his debut for Reading today!! Fair play https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/789813641042284544
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:47pm
Got subbed off on 28 minutes. Most likely an injury...
The only way is up
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 6:11pm
He wasn't injured. Nightmare of a debut
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Were you at/watching the game? What was so bad about his 28 minute performance that made the manager take him off?
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Were you at/watching the game? What was so bad about his 28 minute performance that made the manager take him off?
I read an article and it said that it seemed like the game was just passing him by, the author seemed to blame Jaap Stam more for starting him in a game that was always going to be about physicality/direct football.  
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:02pm

No wasn't at it. Meant it was a nightmare being taken off after 28 mins, I've no idea how he played. I'd imagine not particularly well though
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 12:13am

No wasn't at it. Meant it was a nightmare being taken off after 28 mins, I've no idea how he played. I'd imagine not particularly well though

That's an awful thing to do to a player. Fair enough if he had gifted a couple of goals. Hopefully he had taken a knock and that was the reason!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 12:38am
Lenny this is professional football, there is no room for sentiment at the highest level.

It was merely a tactical substitution, Rotherham are extremely direct, the game wasn't suiting him so yes being taken off so early wasn't ideal but it paid dividends in the end for Reading.

Kelly is at least in his managers thoughts and may very well get back in the first team picture sooner rather than later.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 1:05am

That's an awful thing to do to a player. Fair enough if he had gifted a couple of goals. Hopefully he had taken a knock and that was the reason!
sometimes it's the best thing to do rather than leave the player out there struggling, it's clear that Stam+the coaching staff think highly of him hopefully he'll get another chance soon enough
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Lenny this is professional football, there is no room for sentiment at the highest level.

It was merely a tactical substitution, Rotherham are extremely direct, the game wasn't suiting him so yes being taken off so early wasn't ideal but it paid dividends in the end for Reading.

Kelly is at least in his managers thoughts and may very well get back in the first team picture sooner rather than later.

Ah yeah, I get that. I suppose what I was trying to say is it can't really fill him with confidence and will be the first thing he thinks of next time he starts. I still think it is humiliating for him and surely they could have seen out another 17 minutes before taking him off. If he was on a yellow and was losing the head looking like he'd be sent off, then fair enough. If he was a keeper who was making clanger after clanger or a defender gifting goals to the opposition, then fair enough.

Maybe I'm just too soft or cutting the lad some slack because he's Irish. That's what is holding me back from managing in the Premier League!
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 7:15pm
Starts tonight for Reading vs Arsenal! Fair play to Jaap Stam for giving him another chance
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:02pm
Good stuff!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:21pm
The management team love him, it seems:

"Liam Kelly is a beautiful story. When I came in six months ago I saw him and I immediately asked, who is this small kid? Everyone said he is not a kid anymore, he has been here a long time. Then when Jaap came in I didn’t tell him anything about the academy players, I wanted to see if he saw the same thing that I saw. And the first thing he said was who is the youngster? I said that’s Liam Kelly - and now he’s involved with the first-team."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-reading-fc-interview-brian-11683594
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:12pm
This lad has been outstanding tonight, to say the least!
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:44pm
How irish is this guy? Take it he was born in england?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:46pm
Irish enough to have a Irish passport, and therefore as Irish as anyone else...
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:46pm
Call him up for Austria, should be capped now!!!!!
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:49pm
Or was he born in ireland,enlighten me please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic