You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Insurance
    Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

This years renewal just landed in my inbox a couple of hours ago. its down to €461 Shocked

Going to have a nosy online during the night and see if I can do nay better and then I'll try the same trick as last year and ring them in a couple days for their very best price 'before I start the shopping around process'. 

The most wonderful time of the year is upon me againClap Friday evening renewal email before the leg it put of the office too 
Cool
This years renewal amount before I ring and argue is……. €442. I ended up paying €428 last year after phoning them so confident I can get a few quid off again this year before I shop around..

Edited by Sham157 - 15 Mar 2024 at 6:28pm
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 4:03pm
Fully comp on a 2014 civic, 358 this year, down from 416 last year with Aviva Clap

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:47pm
No, 3rd party fire and theft.

Filling out the occupation forms for a quote with another company - there is no jobs for transport or a person working in IT but there is a hod carrier and circus worker LOL.

I spent more time trying to fill the occupation form out than anything else. Ridiculous. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was on the phone to them numerous times, put in a complaint and also asked them to provide the audio recordings of our phone calls over the last 5 years. lol

Still less than 400e which is pretty reasonable.

Ah cant argue with that. Assuming fully comp.

Mine came in at 440. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:37pm
123 seem a fair bit cheaper at the moment alright, I went with them in March 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:32pm
I was on the phone to them numerous times, put in a complaint and also asked them to provide the audio recordings of our phone calls over the last 5 years. lol

Still less than 400e which is pretty reasonable.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Renewed my car insurance last week, it was up 50e from last year, I complained until I was blue in the face and they refused to budge.

It was still 200e cheaper than other companies when I went looking for alternatives.

Who with? I got the very same and whilst they say, renew online for cheaper, I still phoned them (having done homework on other quotes) and got it reduced very slightly (10er but hey ho) than last year. 123.ie and literally renewed yesterday 

Edited by McG - 03 May 2023 at 1:26pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:17pm
Renewed my car insurance last week, it was up 50e from last year, I complained until I was blue in the face and they refused to budge.

It was still 200e cheaper than other companies when I went looking for alternatives.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:03am
Happy with my renewal price this year and like above replacing the car this week. Nothing flashy but slightly newer and waaaaaaaaaaay less mileage. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 10:55am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Bought a new car last week, value is circa x3 of previous car, results in a 10% refund on policy cost 
One thing I’ll never understand is car insurance LOL
New cars have far smaller claims rate. The car is more reliable (less chance of a mechanical issue causing an issue), and less chance of a boy racer being in a more expensive car.

You're insuring the risk of the accident the car causes, not necessarily the cost of replacing the car.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 5:10am
If it went up, they'd have told you it was because of the value.

Their rationale for the reduction is probably something like "newer car, so statistically safer on the road".
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 6:18pm
Bought a new car last week, value is circa x3 of previous car, results in a 10% refund on policy cost 
One thing I’ll never understand is car insurance LOL
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 5:38pm
Fully Comp Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 141 Renewal Price €578 Unhappy
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Did a quick shop around overnight while in work. Every quote I got was well over €600 right up to €1200. Its a bat sh*t crazy market.
Just off the phone with KennCo to ‘discuss’ my renewal. Told them I was starting the shop around process and just wanted their absolute best price before I started. They knocked €40 off my renewal price of €506, so renewed for €466. Delighted with that. 
This years renewal just landed in my inbox a couple of hours ago. its down to €461 Shocked

Going to have a nosy online during the night and see if I can do nay better and then I'll try the same trick as last year and ring them in a couple days for their very best price 'before I start the shopping around process'. 

AIG doing a further 15% off as sponsor of Dublin GAA at the minute. Link below:

Thumbs Up €466 with that including lying about being a Dublin GAA member which is probably the best quote Ive ever had from AIG even without the 15% Dubs discount. Just off the phone with Kennco now. Got the car value increased given the second hand market lately and the NCB fully protected instead of step back, and importantly, the renewal down to €428.24. Job done. With the exception of AIG everything else was between €660 - €1020 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:56am

Did a quick shop around overnight while in work. Every quote I got was well over €600 right up to €1200. Its a bat sh*t crazy market.
Just off the phone with KennCo to ‘discuss’ my renewal. Told them I was starting the shop around process and just wanted their absolute best price before I started. They knocked €40 off my renewal price of €506, so renewed for €466. Delighted with that. 

AIG doing a further 15% off as sponsor of Dublin GAA at the minute. Link below:

Edited by sausy - 16 Mar 2023 at 9:57am
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 8:47am

That time of year again unfortunately. Was with 123.ie and quote went up from €556 last year to €634 this year. Ended up getting it with AIG for €399 (with full NCB protection) but got some made quotes. Before going with 123 last year I was with BOI (both RSA) for a few years but they quoted €1,144!!! Absolutely madness the difference between quotes. 
Was with 123.ie and my insurance went up from 600 to over 700, i went on Bonkers.ie and managed to get Zurich Insurance for €512. Hoping it goes down again this year.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:32pm

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 12:58pm

That time of year again unfortunately. Was with 123.ie and quote went up from €556 last year to €634 this year. Ended up getting it with AIG for €399 (with full NCB protection) but got some made quotes. Before going with 123 last year I was with BOI (both RSA) for a few years but they quoted €1,144!!! Absolutely madness the difference between quotes. 
Yeah it's the same with all utilities at this stage. I've a reminder on my phone set for whenever my contracts end for Electricty, Internet, TV, phone etc. At least with insurance they prompt you to renew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic