FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyrus Christie
    Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury.

Balls out of the France game so
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 9:50am
Out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury.
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 3:33pm
Is Martin O'Neill managing Hull now? Christie's playing alongside Sean McLoughlin at CB today.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:33pm
Also grabs his third but it's an OG. That's the second OG Hull have scored this game.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Scores second of the season.
Followed by an own goal
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:08pm
Scores second of the season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Still only 29 and has 30 caps for ireland (2 goals) I do wonder if his career peaked 4 or 5 years ago. I'm not trying to be critical of him, he's having a fine career at a very good level.

Watching Browne come in ahead of him at right back in the last ireland games must have been a blow for him as Browne is a midfielder than can do a good job at right back whereas Christie is a career right back that played midfield once or twice.

With young player like ebosele, mcnamara, young Doherty and with ogbene and browne able to fill in, I would think it'll be difficult for him to build on his 30 caps.

He was very good on loan for Nottingham Forest and Swansea the last two years. I think it's just a case that he has fallen out of the picture because there are two obviously superior Premier League players ahead of him. Christie's best time for Ireland came when Doherty was still in the Championship/League 1 and there were genuine questions over who was the best back up to Coleman - that question has been emphatically answered in the last few years.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Still only 29 and has 30 caps for ireland (2 goals) I do wonder if his career peaked 4 or 5 years ago. I'm not trying to be critical of him, he's having a fine career at a very good level.

Watching Browne come in ahead of him at right back in the last ireland games must have been a blow for him as Browne is a midfielder than can do a good job at right back whereas Christie is a career right back that played midfield once or twice.

With young player like ebosele, mcnamara, young Doherty and with ogbene and browne able to fill in, I would think it'll be difficult for him to build on his 30 caps.

You have to feel for the goalkeepers and right-backs coming through. All going well, and with no long-term injuries, Bazunu and Doherty could have those positions locked down for the next 10-15 years minimum.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 12:51pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 12:23pm
Hull move confirmed. 2 year deal.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 2:42pm
Reported to be signing for Hull.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 11:16pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 11:30am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

We should try him as part of a midfield........... 

Good to see Martin O'Neill is a poster on this forum!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 10:15am
We should try him as part of a midfield........... 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 10:13am
Christie can definitely do a jib at RWB. After Coleman and Doherty he would he next in line. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 9:01am
Swansea have done well by a number of our players this year. I recall Christie looking good in a more advanced role against Uruguay in 2017, and couldn’t fathom (apart from after Coleman’s injury) why he continued to be see exclusively as a right back.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 8:15am
Kenny and Noel Mooney were at this game.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:10pm
Great finish. Far better as a wing-back than a full-back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>
  Share Topic