You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any finn harps fans on this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any finn harps fans on this?
    Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 8:08pm
Did marty owens play any matches with finn harps last season?Meant to be there on loan
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

Did marty owens play any matches with finn harps last season?Meant to be there on loan

Think he played in games near the end of season brassy but can't be sure how he played as wasnt at many games. The harps Facebook page would be best place to ask if you looking for info on his performances
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 8:47pm
thebronze14
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 11:31pm
He has a League Winners medal with Rovers in 2012 season, making some sub appearances that year. He would do Ok (one very good sub appearance at home that year). Don't know how he done with Harps in 2013. 
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 1:03pm
Defender Shane Blaney to Doncaster Rovers
Senior appearances in 2017, mostly U17 & U19 Finn Harps 18 year old to mid table League One.
This AL Underage => Development Squad across the water is starting to become a well beaten career path.

Finn Harps comprehensive article.
"...18-year-old Blaney was a regular on Donegal Schoolboy teams before moving from Illistrin Schoolboys F.C. to play with the Finn Harps U17s in the National League. The Letterkenny lad is very versatile and can play centre-half, left-back or in central midfield.  He captained the Harps U17s and then moved up to the club’s U19 squad last season.  Blaney also captained the Republic of Ireland Schoolboys in an international Centenary Shield win over Wales last February. He made his Finn Harps senior debut as a late sub in the 2-0 league win over Limerick F.C. at the Markets Field at the beginning of September. His first full start for Ollie Horgan was in Tallaght against Shamrock Rovers"

Doncaster Rovers
"...He said: “The aim is just to get as fit and strong as I can using the facilities here and put in the hard work. If I keep working hard I can eventually get into the first-team.

“I’m working with the fitness coaches now, then hopefully I can get a few games for the Development teamed show the gaffer and the lads what I can do.”

He joins the club a little under the radar as the gaffer Darren Ferguson has to clarify comments about shooting the referee at 1-1 draw..

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/ferguson-clarifies-remarks-on-officials/

"Darren Ferguson has clarified his post-match comments after Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Plymouth Argyle.

The Rovers boss was critical of the officials after the game, feeling key decisions went against his side.

He said: “When asked after the game what I personally could do to raise standards, I said: ‘What can I do? Shoot them?’ Although clear to everyone in the room that my comment was a tongue-in-cheek response, it is worth clarifying my comments were borne out of frustration and I absolutely do not advocate violence against officials. LOLLOL
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 2:23pm
How much did Harps get ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:42am
Funding secured for their new stadium Clap
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

WOW unexpected in a way .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:40pm
It's due to host the u17 euros next year!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It's due to host the u17 euros next year!

Is that 100% as only place I've seen it mentioned is Wikipedia and wouldn' trust it as a source of information 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:16pm
Good question, only saw it there so not sure, can't find a list of venues elsewhere
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:19pm

Some funding...Not to do the whole thing. I'll believe it when I see it. Hope they still plan to put terracing behind both goals. Will be so sad leaving FP but it needs to be done
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Some funding...Not to do the whole thing. I'll believe it when I see it. Hope they still plan to put terracing behind both goals. Will be so sad leaving FP but it needs to be done

Think we will end up doing it phase by phase so start with main stand and playing surface and then build rest over time 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Think we will end up doing it phase by phase so start with main stand and playing surface and then build rest over time 
So the rest will never be done ALA Athlone!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

So the rest will never be done ALA Athlone!

If they could at least get the main stand and some terrace done would be a start as if we are stranded in the 1st division for a few seasons (that' usually the way we do things) then that will be sufficint 

I pass the site everyday on way to and from work so will keep this updated if/when work starts again. I'm still not 100% confident it will but hopefully be proven wrong 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:54pm
This stadium will be 100% the same as Athlone. 

'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 5:55am
Delighted for the bronze 14. Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:14am
congrats harps fans

Look forward to the soup again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic