FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 163>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roy Keane
    Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 7:52pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 7:39pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 10:00pm
42 year old man arrested.  ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€
AKA pedantic kunt
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 5:01pm
Surprised it hasn’t happened sooner tbh. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 4:07pm
Trap Junior I hope you weren’t at the Arsenal game yesterday 😉
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 11:14am
Henry Winter Times journo on Keano

But which managers were the scariest/most difficult to deal with?

I don’t get scared any more after so long in the industry. But I noticed when I was getting a bollocking from Roy Keane (at Ipswich) that all my colleagues had disappeared! I hope Keane returns to coaching or management; when he was doing his badges, his tutor/mentor told me his work was the best he’d seen. I enjoy Keane as a pundit, but I’d like to see him have another go in the dug out.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 1:52pm
Just listening to it here.

Tommy's impression of Roy LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 1:18pm
The Keane interview is covered on the Tommy and Hector podcast today.   As expected Keane unclenched after the interview 😀😀 and chatted away to Tommy in a relaxed friendly manner. 

Roy was glued to the interview with the sex therapist 😀😀😀😀 

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Jan 2023 at 1:21pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Keane never put himself out there to be an interesting character. He just is. Its us that find him interesting and fascinating. He never tries to be anything other than himself it appears. Hes not too bothered if people don't like him id say. Look at the dross and blandness that passes as pundits today. Football is still a simple game despite what some would have you believe. Id like to see him have 1 more crack at management, maybe getting another Championship club up to the PL and see how it went. 

Good summary of the man.

I'd love to see him have another crack at management but I can't see it he clearly enjoys being a pundit and is a popular one. 

I'm not a Keane fan but trying to set that aside for a moment, is there anything to indicate he would be a success if a club took a chance on hiring him as a manager again? The game has moved on a lot since he last managed. 

He might get a new manager bounce and get a reaction from underperforming players.  He might do a decent job at Championship or L1 level.  He needs a good tactical coach though by his side and not his mates. 

He doesn't do tactics and that's where he falls down.  That and constant berating of players gets old quickly and players rebel against him or lose all confidence.

Surely the days of managers "not doing tactics" are gone??
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Keane never put himself out there to be an interesting character. He just is. Its us that find him interesting and fascinating. He never tries to be anything other than himself it appears. Hes not too bothered if people don't like him id say. Look at the dross and blandness that passes as pundits today. Football is still a simple game despite what some would have you believe. Id like to see him have 1 more crack at management, maybe getting another Championship club up to the PL and see how it went. 

Good summary of the man.

I'd love to see him have another crack at management but I can't see it he clearly enjoys being a pundit and is a popular one. 

I'm not a Keane fan but trying to set that aside for a moment, is there anything to indicate he would be a success if a club took a chance on hiring him as a manager again? The game has moved on a lot since he last managed. 

He might get a new manager bounce and get a reaction from underperforming players.  He might do a decent job at Championship or L1 level.  He needs a good tactical coach though by his side and not his mates. 

He doesn't do tactics and that's where he falls down.  That and constant berating of players gets old quickly and players rebel against him or lose all confidence.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:31pm

Good summary of the man.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:24pm

Good summary of the man.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 6:17pm
I love beer gardens
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Is Keane’s greatest trick that he made himself seem more interesting than he actually is.  Is there really huge depth to him. Compare it to the interviews with Stephen Rea and Brenda Fricker and Gabriel Byrne.  This has more in common with Vogue Williams if on the surface it seemed more like Gabriel Byrne.  Just because someone says f**k all doesn’t mean they have a lot going on behind it.  Keane is very shallow when it comes to football and coaching.  Get stuck in work hard and pass the ball to your mate.  

Keane's great if you put something in front of him and let him rant about it. If you're expecting something more introspective you'll likely be disappointed.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:16pm
Well the fact that Keane is a controversial figure who had a highly distinguished career would make him interesting and to be fair he is pretty funny at times. He's not a deep thinker or an articulate pundit for that matter but he is entertaining in a certain way. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Is Keane’s greatest trick that he made himself seem more interesting than he actually is.  Is there really huge depth to him. Compare it to the interviews with Stephen Rea and Brenda Fricker and Gabriel Byrne.  This has more in common with Vogue Williams if on the surface it seemed more like Gabriel Byrne.  Just because someone says f**k all doesn’t mean they have a lot going on behind it.  Keane is very shallow when it comes to football and coaching.  Get stuck in work hard and pass the ball to your mate.  
Yes I don't think anyone's ever been interested in Keane because he's particularly philosophical or deep. I think the appeal is that he's seemingly quite old school and one of a dying breed, etc etc. Im not sure how long that shtick will keep entertaining people in the punditry sphere, I see it getting a bit tired sooner rather than later.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:11pm
AKA pedantic kunt
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:06pm
Roy doesn't suit the format of the show. He's someone you have to prepare for.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 163>
  Share Topic