FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 252>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Players eligible for Ireland
    Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:52am
LOL
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Think Obafemi will be an important player for us. 

People seem to miss the fact that he’s 18/19 and has already impressed in his few Premier League opportunities.

Is it a goal and assist in three league appearances? 

I’m not saying he’ll be the next Robbie Keane, but he could certainly turn into a decent striker. 

Who’s the last Irish striker to score in the Premier League at such a young age? 

He's very quick btw. Looks like he has the pace of Shane Long from what we've seen of him.

Also his finishing looks to be as bad as longs. Early days but raw pace seems to be his main asset 

LOLLOL

And the fact he has no problem getting served in an over 25s boozer. 
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

People seem to miss the fact that he’s 18/19 and has already impressed in his few Premier League opportunities.

I’m not saying he’ll be the next Robbie Keane, but he could certainly turn into a decent striker. 

Who’s the last Irish striker to score in the Premier League at such a young age? 

He's very quick btw. Looks like he has the pace of Shane Long from what we've seen of him.

Also his finishing looks to be as bad as longs. Early days but raw pace seems to be his main asset 

And the fact he has no problem getting served in an over 25s boozer. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 6:09am

Strazdas View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:43am

Territorial View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:07am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Ballard from Arsenal in the NI squad. Bet he gets cap tied. 
Bet he doesn't!

The next two games are absolutely "must win" and we already have Evans and Cathcart certain to play CB in them, with Flanagan (Sunderland) or the hugely experienced McAuley/Hughes as back up.

And if we're still in the running after that, the following games are vs Netherlands and Germany, and I really can't see that he'd risk a novice like Ballard against either of those - he could get taken apart.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:20pm
Over the years. How many English born players did we get before England ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Grinds my gears.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:57pm
He would surely be eligible for the Poles too?
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:41pm

Yeah I think they’ll block his path 
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Obefemi, Parrott and Robinson are all better long term solutions than Bamford. I won’t lose sleep if he doesn’t declare. 

Agree with this, and I'd add a few more to that list. Bamford might have lots of 1st team experience, he just doesn't seem to want to play for us. I'll admit that promising lads on the cusp of 1st team football may not live up to our expectations (see Clifford), but I think it's better for the team overall to have faith in the lads who show some fecking interest in playing for Ireland.

Much more interested in tracking the development of lads already playing for us. That goes for the Irish-born lads like Ebosele, Idah, Connolly, O'Connor, Sotona, Power as well as the Irish-eligible ones like Connell, Everitt and Johansson. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:36pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 5:04pm
Ça cest trés dificile!.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

Mikey Johnston is the player there for the taking mr Kenny and mr McCarthy

I beg to differ mon frere.

He will be keen to impress our new Generalissmo "El Beardo" Clarke.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 4:53pm
Mikey Johnston is the player there for the taking mr Kenny and mr McCarthy
Mikeire View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 3:05pm
Obefemi, Parrott and Robinson are all better long term solutions than Bamford. I won’t lose sleep if he doesn’t declare. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:25pm

belt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:21pm

Doesn’t sound promising about Bamford. Would be nice for one of these journos to ask about Crowley in more detail. Still a mystery how he didn’t even make the camp. 

I have no desire or interest in Bamford representing us, too much fannying about nd not a peep out of him. Long, McGoldrick, Robinson, Maguire and  Obafemi will do for now until the promising attacking youngsters we have hopefully break through
cildaratown View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:49am
Doesn’t sound promising about Bamford. Would be nice for one of these journos to ask about Crowley in more detail. Still a mystery how he didn’t even make the camp. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
#No1 on breaking news on bad news

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:59am
Quote “Well, that’s Redmond gone.” 

“Dick?” replied McCarthy, in reference to the Irish kitman most famous for being snapped in a Superman costume after Ireland beat Bosnia to qualify for Euro 2016. 

“No, Nathan, he’s been picked for England!”, was Keane’s response. 

“Well thank f**k it’s not Dick, so long as he’s not going

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 252>
  Share Topic