You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raffles/Prizes/Competition Wins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raffles/Prizes/Competition Wins
    Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:35pm
It is safe to say i never had any luck when it comes to winning raffles or anything along those lines, i even gave up gambling months back due to being a magpie! 

Ended up getting a txt from WIT Student Union, telling me that i won "the shag week raffle" which includes lube, gels, 70 + condoms etc yet low and behold i find myself on a drought the past few weeks Ouch LOL

Anyone lucky when it comes to raffles and the likes?

Edited by Green Devil - 23 Apr 2013 at 4:37pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:43pm
LOL
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It is safe to say i never had any luck when it comes to winning raffles or anything along those lines, i even gave up gambling months back due to being a magpie

Ended up getting a txt from WIT Student Union, telling me that i won "the shag week raffle" which includes lube, gels, 70 + condoms etc yet low and behold i find myself on a drought the past few weeks Ouch LOL

Anyone lucky when it comes to raffles and the likes?

since when did u start to follow newcastle thought u were a sunderland man
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:50pm
I won a signed Van Nistelrooy jersey in a competition in United magazine bout 10 years ago

Other than that I literally have the worst luck in the world, any time a tip/nap is posted and I bet on it, it loses, if I miss it being posted it ends up winning, every....fecking....time!

3 years going to the YBIG quiz with a massive raffle at each of them, there have almost been more prizes than people at them yet I still haven't won a thing (and yes I did buy tickets before some smartarse says something!)

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:05pm
Why Podge, were there rumours going around or something about not buying tickets LOL

Deco those are called "Toon Scum" Wink
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Why Podge, were there rumours going around or something about not buying tickets LOL

Deco those are called "Toon Scum" Wink

No it's just the type of comment that someone would jump on with "ya have to buy tickets to enter a raffle" style reply!

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:30pm
I'm usually fairly lucky when it comes to draws/raffles I never win huge amounts but win a loy of bottles of brandy/whiskey and the like.we do a €2 draw at work every week and I am constantly winning that, I was winning it so often at one stage some of the ****s thought I was scamming it some way.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:38pm

Edited by seanyshuffler - 23 Apr 2013 at 5:38pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:44pm
Won a blur cd on the local wireless station once, that's about it really
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:45pm
I was at a work function before where there were prizes for everyone.
There was say 100 people with about 150+ prizes and I still somehow didn't get a prize

It was actually fairly embarrassing because everybody was coming up to me asking why I didn't get a prize.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was at a work function before where there were prizes for everyone.
There was say 100 people with about 150+ prizes and I still somehow didn't get a prize

It was actually fairly embarrassing because everybody was coming up to me asking why I didn't get a prize.

FFS that is madness LOL

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 10:44pm
I won a Video Tape boxset and a garden spade about 4 years ago at a table quiz in the Racer (was for the green partyLOL). Far and Away and Forever Young. Yes, on VHS Cool
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 10:45pm
won the greystones united christmas raffle, greystones united biggest schoolboy club in Ireland so was a decent prize but folks took it all as they paid for the ticketCry
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 10:46pm
Have won a lot, Today fm premiership trip, Ian Dempsey 1000 voucher for Bests but the best (pardon the pun) was a Tesco paid for trip to Japan for the Ireland/Germany game in in Ibaraki,Cool
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 10:49pm
Won a ybig t shirt and Ireland training top at the last ybig raffle
Don't think I've ever won anything major, few hampers and stuff like that. Oddest thing I won was a puma sports watch worn by Tomas O'Se
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 11:03pm
Either you are a very lucky person or you have f**k all luck, there is no inbetween imo. 

One of my mates won over €10,000 in a parish draw there a few years back, he cleaned up during Cheltenham a few months back to! I could buy a raffle ticket every week for the local GAA club and not once would i ever get called out, not even for a €20 mini prize. 

I'd say my luck is so bad, that if a group of 20 of my mates went to Thailand and i was the only one who wore condoms i would still be the only one to come back riddled LOL

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Won a ybig t shirt and Ireland training top at the last ybig raffle
Don't think I've ever won anything major, few hampers and stuff like that. Oddest thing I won was a puma sports watch worn by Tomas O'Se
I will give you 500 yo yo's for it Wink
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 11:09pm
Only major thing I supposedly won was a load of football kit and preditor football boots a few years back. Was stopped outside city hall in Belfast by a dj doing an outside broadcast and was asked a question that I got right. He said they were promoting the milk cup and I would get this hamper full of gear. Was delighted with meself and was looking forward to getting me gear. A few weeks later a DHL man arrived to me door with a box. On opening it, I was fuming. Crappy milk cup tshirt, manky puma runners and the cheapest shin pads ever. Reckon the total cost of this sh1te was £20 in jjb. Coonts
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic