You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smoking and Drinking Whilst Pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoking and Drinking Whilst Pregnant
    Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:11am
Seen a women in her early/mid 30s In a bar last week drinking vodka 
and smoking. Should the bar man have served her repeatedly?
She was well spoken and its a decent boozer with a no skangers allowed policy.
Anyone come across this before?

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Absolute scumbag behaviour but it's not illegal so what was the barman supposed to do?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:18am

Obviously not.......you were in there. Wink

That said she might have been well spoken but obviously pretty thick.............you sure she was pregnant and not just a fat mess?
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:24am
No definitely Pregnant she was hidding the bump with her jacket when she was smoking
outside.
Dunno what the bar man was supposed to do Franko,Very awkward situation for him.
Mad to think there is no law against it.Confused

Edited by fochie - 05 Apr 2013 at 10:26am
BogDweller View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BogDweller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:28am
Its her own personal choice.

Absolute scum behaviour in my opinion but theres nothing staff can do.

Its like serving alchos.

Theres a fella who drinks in my local, who puts in three "shifts" every day in the pub. From opening time to about 2, away home for a few hours, back in about 5 to 8, then back for the last few hours, should bar staff stop serving him because he obviously has a serious drinking problem and it is slowly killing him?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:28am
I hate seeing in myself. I remember coming out of the Coombe when my own daughters were born and seeing women who had just given birth or were in the early stages of labour outside having a smoke. Absolute knackers. Thumbs Down

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:33am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Absolute scumbag behaviour but it's not illegal so what was the barman supposed to do?

was just going to ask if there was a law against it.Id imagine any law that affects civil liberties would be very difficult to implement if they did bring one in
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:34am

I hate seeing in myself. I remember coming out of the Coombe when my own daughters were born and seeing women who had just given birth or were in the early stages of labour outside having a smoke. Absolute knackers. Thumbs Down

Were they from Darndale?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:37am
Walk down Holles St at any time of the day and you'll see a few pregnant women outside smoking.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:38am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Were they from Darndale?
LOL, They'd all be outside the Rotunda.

As You Were
Three in a row
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:39am
Originally posted by BogDweller BogDweller wrote:

Its her own personal choice.

Absolute scum behaviour in my opinion but theres nothing staff can do.

Its like serving alchos.

Theres a fella who drinks in my local, who puts in three "shifts" every day in the pub. From opening time to about 2, away home for a few hours, back in about 5 to 8, then back for the last few hours, should bar staff stop serving him because he obviously has a serious drinking problem and it is slowly killing him?

That would be that dipsos own personal choice. The child has no choice. Legal or not I wouldnt have served her. She can put it on someone elses conscience 
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:02am
Barman could have refused to serve her if he wanted.

An occasional drink when your pregnant is ok, not sure vodka would be too highly recommended as the drink of choice though.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:03am
Publicans could refuse to serve him if they wished. Just use the line in my opinion you're after to much to drink.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:22am
I smoked the odd cigarette before I was pregnant - but never when pregnant - actually even the smell of them would make me feel sick.

As for alcohol -

I was very stressed once during the pregnancy and had cramps, when I rang my doctor he told me to have half a glass of red wine and go to bed -

But to drink vodka while pregnant - can't imagine it. Does'nt say much for the bar - but then again maybe she was'nt pregnant just looked like she was.

Babies are seriously effected by cigarettes and alcohol - many people can drink and smoke in the first month because they don't know they are pregnant and I don't think it can do much harm but after the 3rd month I think the consequences for the baby are pretty hard -

I rem back in the day in Sir Henrys seeing a total fiend about 6 months gone smoking and drinking a pint bottle of bulmers - no one paying a blind bit of attention either - I also rem in a pub in Kinsale - the barman did say something but she claimed the drink was for her friend.

Sad really.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:30am
I would have sympathy for the barman here.  Imagine refusing a girl because she was pregnant and it turns out she is just overweight. 

It would be all over FB and the bar and barman would be the worst in the world.

AKA pedantic kunt
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:57am
Don't now why you so surprised. I worked in shop when in college amount of people that smoke when they pregnant is frighting and sicking. Now a lot of these were scumbags. But still it's a child who is effected. But a law could never be put into place over this though.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 12:43pm
Having a few alcohol drinks won't harm the baby - heavy drinking will.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Polcia View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Ybig's resident Doctor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 1:15pm
There is NO SAFE amount of alcohol for a pregnant woman!!!!!!!!!!! 

Pregnant woman musn't drink alcohol at all! 
It causes permanent damage to the brain, so called FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)
I don't mean getting pissed. Even a beer or drink is causing damage to the fetus,that is absolutely defenseless. Of course - the more alcohol,the worse damage will be done. Anyway  - drinking during pregnancy is reprehensible! The mother has a choice,fetus does not. 

Smoking is VERY harmful for baby as well!!!

Stupid c***ts! Angry

Edited by Polcia - 05 Apr 2013 at 1:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic