FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 223>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robbie Keane
    Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 10:22am
You'd know that Robbie is Irish anyway. That's some serial bottling after the 1st leg.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Weird seeing a load of Irish people taking pleasure in this result but not commenting on other results and defeats for Israeli teams. it’s seems it’s Robbie is the issue for them. 
Tallaght a hotbed for Israeli coaches or is it just Robbie? 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:15am
Well, they probably just think that he shouldn't be there. Whats weird about it? Many in sport, music etc in Ireland have signed a petition calling for a ceasefire, including past and current figures in Irish football like Kerr, Moran McClean etc. Some are boycotting events that are just linked to Israel and its putting them out if pocket. Saying I don't want to get into the politics when you're managing a club for a country that is committing genocide and has been labelled as an apartheid state by many human rights organisations just doesnt cut it for most. One of things that led to apartheid being broken in South Africa was the boycotts across the world from trade boycotts to sporting boycotts, like were seeing now with Isreal. I seen somewhere about sporting people who broke with the boycotts in S.A that time and they were ridiculed and treated like phorias and rightly so, no? There's no justification for him to be there, that seems to be a lot of people's opinion but doesn't necessarily have to be yours. 
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Weird seeing a load of Irish people taking pleasure in this result but not commenting on other results and defeats for Israeli teams. it’s seems it’s Robbie is the issue for them. 

well yeah hes irish managing an israeli team, what do we care about another club managed by somebody we've never heard of?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 8:11am
AKA pedantic kunt
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:40pm
Did Robbie rest a bunch of players. Given how dysfunctional Olympiacos and being at home I thought they'd brush them aside in the return leg.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:29pm
5-5
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:20pm
Scored

5-4
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 8:58pm
3 down at half time in second leg. 4-4 on agg 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 6:24pm
I did make the comparison. Would be as happy to take a risk on Keane as I would on Carsley. Both are lacking experience.

Ideally we would like both to have a few years' experience. We don't know enough about either over a sustained period at senior level to confidently say who would be better. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Fair few lads would be disgusted if he got the Ireland job due to his willingness to stay put in Israel given their carry on in Palestine.

I don't think he should be managing in Israel and I don't think he has the experience for the the Ireland job at this moment.

Yeah I'd be of the exact same thinking. Nowhere near ready for the Ireland job after half a season and a few European games. Shouldn't be anywhere near Israel either, but that's been done to death. 

Way more games managed at senior level than Lee Carsley at this point. Agree the second point is done to death so happy not to get into that. 
He has. That doesn't equate to him being a better manager or even more qualified for the Ireland roll. Give top clubs the choice of Keane or Carsley and I'd be pretty sure every club pick Carlsey and for good reason. 

Giving top clubs a choice between the two, they are immediately looking elsewhere. Thsts the point. We don't appear to have a candidate with a substantial body of work in management at senior level behind them. 
Agreed, but you made the comparison with Carsley and my point is that Carsley is more suited to the role, or any role in fact, than Robbie Keane. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 6:02pm

Fair few lads would be disgusted if he got the Ireland job due to his willingness to stay put in Israel given their carry on in Palestine.

I don't think he should be managing in Israel and I don't think he has the experience for the the Ireland job at this moment.

Yeah I'd be of the exact same thinking. Nowhere near ready for the Ireland job after half a season and a few European games. Shouldn't be anywhere near Israel either, but that's been done to death. 

Way more games managed at senior level than Lee Carsley at this point. Agree the second point is done to death so happy not to get into that. 
He has. That doesn't equate to him being a better manager or even more qualified for the Ireland roll. Give top clubs the choice of Keane or Carsley and I'd be pretty sure every club pick Carlsey and for good reason. 

Giving top clubs a choice between the two, they are immediately looking elsewhere. Thsts the point. We don't appear to have a candidate with a substantial body of work in management at senior level behind them. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 4:59pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 4:27pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 4:12pm

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 3:29pm

More probable stilll annoyed at how his last contract played out with the FAI 

Edited by Charlton's Child - 08 Mar 2024 at 3:58pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 3:12pm

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 3:09pm

Hes under contract. 
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 223>
  Share Topic