Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Coleman
    Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:38pm
No Wilson. Dying to hear Trap's excuses on this. Load of absolute ballox. I'm going back to bed a very angry man Angry
Sponsored Links

silas10 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silas10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:43pm
a f**kin joke he said was gonna play the young players in this match. he has no faith in attack minded players.
hamburg st,paul View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamburg st,paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

No Wilson. Dying to hear Trap's excuses on this. Load of absolute ballox. I'm going back to bed a very angry man Angry

How do you think Coleman and Wison will feel Angry absolute stubborn old c..t !Only positives from this are Cunningham and Long the rest we know about and as for Walters well dont think he looks up to it !
Blatter we will never forget !
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:46pm
it's as simple as this - our manager is an over-paid, stubborn idiot!!!

Edited by Weser777 - 17 Nov 2010 at 3:48pm
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
stiffler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:46pm
Brutal!

How can this be justified?!!
Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:48pm
I hope we don't make the same mistake with Walters that we did with Best and Folan. Doyle and Long can do Walters job far better and Keane speaks for himself. Bring back Stokes and Murphy.
ChiefGooner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiefGooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:56pm
I don't think he likes being told what to do, if the media don't mention coleman he's sure to start the next game
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Jokerman Jokerman wrote:

I hope we don't make the same mistake with Walters that we did with Best and Folan. Doyle and Long can do Walters job far better and Keane speaks for himself. Bring back Stokes and Murphy.

We?? will ye stop - we all know that half these players are not gonna bring anything to our team (with the exception of one or two) and the players that would make a difference, wont get picked cos our managers a stubborn over-paid idiot!!!
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:59pm
well if he's going to be that fickle and childish he should definitely be sacked
the FAI cant afford to pay a massive salary to a spoil brat who robs the fans of seeing their best players in action all to prove a point
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:02pm
His stubborness is beyond belief now. Coleman is by far and away our most impressive player this season. He has yet to be capped. We are playing a pointless friendly. If this isn't the time to throw him in then when is. Not a bloody thing was learned from tonight and im bloody gutted by that. The prospect of seeing Coleman excited me
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by ChiefGooner ChiefGooner wrote:

I don't think he likes being told what to do, if the media don't mention coleman he's sure to start the next game
You hit the nail on the head. Every player who there's a clamour to see in the side is vindictively left out. Andy Reid, McCarthy, Stokes and now Coleman. Next it will be Meyler. I'm also willing to believe Stephen Ireland when he says that Trapattoni had no interest in acquiring his services. Anyone that believes for one second that Trapattoni tried to get him back is very naive. Trap was playing up to the media.
traphasntaclue View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traphasntaclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:04pm
exactly baggio this is our team not traps we are irish its our fcuking team he should be sacked he is not doin his job!coleman has been the best irish player by a country mile this season,followed by mccarthy who we wont see play under trap either!
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

well if he's going to be that fickle and childish he should definitely be sacked
the FAI cant afford to pay a massive salary to a spoil brat who robs the fans of seeing their best players in action all to prove a point

totally agree. it is not outlandish to call for him to be sacked after tonight. talked since the last game about playing wilson and coleman and they don't get any game time. absolute disgrace. and we lost the game to add salt to the wound. we've now conceded 7 goals in 3 games, that's the sign of a team that are working well in a "system"

he's clearly lost the plot. why the f**k did he bring on mcgeady and hunt and not treacy and coleman? we all know how hunt and mcgeady play, and to add to that, they didn't do anything noteworthy when they came on, so how does he justify their introduction over these lads? one capped player tonight in walters and he didn't even do anything either. absolute disgrace. i'm fuming after this. i can't wait to see the papers in the morning. although this is a friendly, its far from satisfactory from both manager and players. i think trap has really run his course at this stage and i don't give a flying fcuk anymore if we make it to euro 2012. won't make a blind difference. he's still going to be the same "conserative" (being an overpaid stubborn fcuk in otherwords) coach as he was 2 years ago. some people never change. what can he say to justify his tenureship in the ireland job? a play off? we've now lost i don't know how many games under him, it's not acceptable, especially at home.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:09pm

You hit the nail on the head. Every player who there's a clamour to see in the side is vindictively left out. Andy Reid, McCarthy, Stokes and now Coleman. Next it will be Meyler. I'm also willing to believe Stephen Ireland when he says that Trapattoni had no interest in acquiring his services. Anyone that believes for one second that Trapattoni tried to get him back is very naive. Trap was playing up to the media.

thats as good a post as ive ever read on this forum!!

yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:10pm
The look on Colemans face tonight said it all, Stokes should have been in the squad at least and Wilson deserved a run out. One of the keepers should have had 20 mins at least.  Trap gets 2 mil a year and is showing he is clueless as well as stubborn. Norway weren't even bothered tonight and scored their second goal at ease. Now Trap wants to set up a summer camp here in the States yet won't give Irish-born players a shot.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:12pm
Have to say I totally agree with all the comments posted here about Trapattoni. We're going nowhere with him.

I was really looking forward to seeing Coleman and Wilson getting a run tonight. Did any cop them at the end of the game as they were walking down the tunnel...they loooked fairly pissed off especially Wilson...I'd say the lad is sorry he declared now.

Of course we'll get the usual Trap lick arses on here defending the muppet. Well all I can say to ye lads is wake up and smell the roses boys cos it's game over for this team under him.

Edited by Howdo - 17 Nov 2010 at 4:18pm
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:14pm

man the attendance tonight is nothing to do with the recession or ticket prices. i honestly believe people just don't want to watch our team play anymore. i would have gone tonight but now i'm glad i didn't. i would have been dying to see coleman and wilson on the field and neither got on. i would have vented my frustration purely at trap and when we lost, by god, i would have killed someone. i know it's a friendly and people may have their opinion of me, but i'm just so angry after tonight. like i can't understand how people defend trap. not only did we not see wilson and coleman after them being talked about so much, but it was a dire performance and we lost the game at HOME. imagine how the fans feel in that ground. perfectly within their own right to boo. back in the day, we use to beat teams like this 3-0, we'd see plenty of uncapped players, and people could go home feeling "i got my money's worth and saw some good performances from new players", the whole point of friendlies! tonight, it looked like none of those players wanted to be there. i really believe the players don't respect trap any more. he's damaging this team just like capello has damaged the england team at this stage with his belief of not becoming attached to players and developing personal relationships. i find all italian managers like this. look at mancini at man city. it must be the italian philosophy. it ain't the irish philosophy of being authoritarian.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by CPS89 CPS89 wrote:

man the attendance tonight is nothing to do with the recession or ticket prices. i honestly believe people just don't want to watch our team play anymore. i would have gone tonight but now i'm glad i didn't. i would have been dying to see coleman and wilson on the field and neither got on. i would have vented my frustration purely at trap and when we lost, by god, i would have killed someone. i know it's a friendly and people may have their opinion of me, but i'm just so angry after tonight. like i can't understand how people defend trap. not only did we not see wilson and coleman after them being talked about so much, but it was a dire performance and we lost the game at HOME. imagine how the fans feel in that ground. perfectly within their own right to boo. back in the day, we use to beat teams like this 3-0, we'd see plenty of uncapped players, and people could go home feeling "i got my money's worth and saw some good performances from new players", the whole point of friendlies! tonight, it looked like none of those players wanted to be there. i really believe the players don't respect trap any more. he's damaging this team just like capello has damaged the england team at this stage with his belief of not becoming attached to players and developing personal relationships. i find all italian managers like this. look at mancini at man city. it must be the italian philosophy. it ain't the irish philosophy of being authoritarian.

I think the players are losing faith in Trap as was evident with Richard Dunnes comments after the Russia game. The team selection and the tactics tonight were bog-standard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic