You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tony Pulis - A tribute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Shamrock Shamrock wrote:

What does it say about Ian Halloway?
Yeah, Holloway can get teams to play some good attacking football but he doesn't seem to be able to organise a defence to save his life. Poor at transfers too.
played three, won one, lost two, scored none
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:42pm
If you look back into my earlier posts I actually called for him to be Sunderland Manager. Dead

He's not the charismatic or entertaining guy on or off the pitch but he knows how to graft a result which is why he got my vote when PDC left.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:47pm
He strikes me as a manager who all his players (with the exception of maybe James Beattie haha) love playing for him. He gets results in fairness to him and his Palace team play some decent ball.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

a brilliant manager tactically. Has a brilliant job at palace, before he took over they were 1/70 to go down on betfair. Id say some lads lost their boliix.

This never comes across though from the media, "experts", etc.  His Stoke team were criticised time and time again for his tactics but they were effective.  I personally think he is top class tactically and knows how to stifle the big teams.  Stoke fans were mad to want rid of him last summer. 

He did a magnificent job at Stoke. Some of Stoke's fans criticised him, but the vast majority were very pleased with the job he did at Stoke second time round, in getting them promoted and comfortably established in the PL with an FA cup final and a decent run in Europe thrown in.
However, nothing lasts forever. Perhaps he had grown a little stale in the job or the players had gotten so used to his tactics that it was wilting a bit.

I'm delighted he's done so well at Palace. No team of Tony Pulis' will ever lack in effort.
He'd likely make a good international manager. I  can see him managing Wales one day.
Man from Del Monte View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man from Del Monte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:14pm

that his gung ho attitude might win him a few plaudits but it is naive and ultimately is doomed to failure

Palace were excellent last night and may well take points of both Liverpool and City

say yes
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:41pm
My manager of the year top 3 would probably be

1. Rodgers
2. Pulis
3. Bruce

"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
irish_stokey View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_stokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:39pm
Delighted TP is finally getting the praise he deserves
COYBIG
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

My manager of the year top 3 would probably be

1. Rodgers
2. Pulis
3. Bruce

1. Rodgers
2. Pulis
3. Moyes
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:02pm

What does it say about Mark Hughes?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

mark hughes has done a good job at stoke, he had under 5m to spend. Pulis is palying better football at palace now than he was at stoke. no big target man, plays more of a counter attacking style at palace with the pace of Puncheon and Bolasie. Less longs ball too. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

mark hughes has done a good job at stoke, he had under 5m to spend. Pulis is palying better football at palace now than he was at stoke. no big target man, plays more of a counter attacking style at palace with the pace of Puncheon and Bolasie. Less longs ball too. 

There was an interview with him on SSN the other day and he said he was presented with a completely different challenge when he went to Palace, that challenge being that he has a lot of players who could play ball and had lots of pace.

Resulting in him changing his approach and tactics to suit the players.

It's obviously paying dividends as his first game in charge they had 4 or 5 points and now they have 40 and are safe with a possibility of a top 10 finish.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

There was an interview with him on SSN the other day and he said he was presented with a completely different challenge when he went to Palace, that challenge being that he has a lot of players who could play ball and had lots of pace.

Resulting in him changing his approach and tactics to suit the players.

It's obviously paying dividends as his first game in charge they had 4 or 5 points and now they have 40 and are safe with a possibility of a top 10 finish.

He is a pragmatist. What works at one club wouldn't work at another. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 1:46am
Just flicking on Twitter there and saw the following:

"Tony Pulis has turned urine into wine."

LOL 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 12:03pm
On Football Focus today,down the gym at 6am Clap
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 9:56pm
What a comeback from Tonys boys!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Northerner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northerner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 10:01pm
Manager of the year for Pulis.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 10:02pm
For a team that has so little possession in a game they do remarkably well getting results.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 10:16pm
Makes you proud to be British. He really epitomises the Bulldog spirit.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic