You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Tonights Goinn to be a good night' Tuesday ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Poll Question: Should we play this at the final whistle on Tuesday?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
25 [30.12%]
58 [69.88%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Tonights Goinn to be a good night' Tuesday ??
    Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:55am
I think we should play it, perfect way to banish all the demons from Paris
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

clody View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:56am
Yeh I think so too, I might actually start liking that song again
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:01am
Song brings Angry and a Cry to my eye.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:02am
they were belting it out in this tiny bar in Tallinn after the game, packed full of fans, place hopping....has to be done
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
EkimehtZim View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkimehtZim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:04am
+1 Lansdowne will be rocking if this gets played. Who is going to stand there and cry on Tue night thinking of Paris if they hear it Disapprove Christ sake
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:05am
ye i taught when it came on, revenge is a desert best served cold, could we get a Thierry Henry lookalike to sing it in the middle of the pitch Wink
I know nothing :-)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:08am

I hate that song anyhow, Paris just worsens it for me, sorry now.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:10am

Thumbs Down Our first major success in ten years should not be emphasised or defined by what that slithery fook did against us in what was an absolute nightmare. Playing the song doesn't banish the demons either. I don't get the growing (almost clichéd at this stage!) sentiment that qualification this time makes up for missing out on the WC. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon about the Euros. I'll probably be close to tears when (hopefully) its confirmed on Tues. But our lads and the fans deserved to be in SA last summer at the greatest show on earth - and could have done quite well.

That bitterness and regret of having been cheated will always be there to an extent and that stupid song will forever be a reminder.
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:10am
Did you ever go out with someone and you had "your song".That one song that always reminded you of each other?Where ever,when ever you are and you here it you are stopped dead in your tracks and the memories come flooding back?It can only be special for one person and no matter how hard you try with a new flame it cant be the same song?

That song is Paris.Always will be.We will "exorcise the demons" of the robbery in saint dennis on tuesday night(well im defo drinking spirits anyway!) if we qualify but that song regardless of what happens on tuesday will stop me dead in my tracks and i will always turn it f**king off the second i hear it!!LOL
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

Thumbs Down Our first major success in ten years should not be emphasised or defined by what that slithery fook did against us in what was an absolute nightmare. Playing the song doesn't banish the demons either. I don't get the growing (almost clichéd at this stage!) sentiment that qualification this time makes up for missing out on the WC. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon about the Euros. I'll probably be close to tears when (hopefully) its confirmed on Tues. But our lads and the fans deserved to be in SA last summer at the greatest show on earth - and could have done quite well.

That bitterness and regret of having been cheated will always be there to an extent and that stupid song will forever be a reminder.
+1  
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:17am
Still just brings back bad memories i think. They played it after Dublin won the All-Ireland and i didn't like it then, despite the buzz i was on.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:20am
Fiesta by the Pogues or Put Em Under Pressure. Keep it simple and familiar. Depeche Mode at some stage would be great aswell.
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:30am
In 1987, it was Gary McKay for Scotland away to Bulgaria who qualified us for Euro88.

John Aldridge stepped up in Malta in 1989 to sent us to Italia 90.

A certain Alan McLaughlin silenced the bigots in Belfast 1993 to see qualification for USA'94

In 2001 a 2-0 win at home over Iran menat their one goal late in the second leg meant nothing and off we went to Japan Korea in 2002.

We've never qualified for a major championship on home ground and if it's "Tonight's gonna be a good time",  "Fiesta", " Put em under pressure" or whatever song is blasted out once we qualify I couldn't give a rats arse.  If I've a tear in my eye at 21:40 I couldn;t give a rats arse either.

The point is when we qualify it will be on our own turf and let's just celebrate and enjoy the moment.

Just saying............
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:30am

Fiesta by the Pogues or Put Em Under Pressure. Keep it simple and familiar. Depeche Mode at some stage would be great aswell.

Shocking song , its so f**king sh*t i hate when it comes on up in The Aviva Angry

Put Em Under Pressure is quality!! Depeche Mode "i just cant get enough" is a no no because it has links to Celtic unless you want lads to riot LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:34am
Play itThumbs Up
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Shocking song , its so f**king sh*t i hate when it comes on up in The Aviva Angry

Put Em Under Pressure is quality!! Depeche Mode "i just cant get enough" is a no no because it has links to Celtic unless you want lads to riot LOL

LOL
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:39am
nope, awful song , im gutted they split up actually , it means 4 fecking awful solo careers
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 11:11am
I just can't wait for tannoy man to squak all over the end, probably as we're attacking - "there are 3 minutes of added time" or some sort of rubbish. 
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic