You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tommy Tiernan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Started to listening to his podcast with Hector and Laurita Blewit. Must say I didn't like it at the beginning but enjoy it now. 

His chat show is great stuff too. Much better at interviewing people then Tubirdy.
His early stand-up was amazing! I'm not sure i could handle Hector though.
Haven’t listened myself yet but a few friends have & their main comment was Hector wasn’t as annoying as usual! 
Hector is decent on it and Laurita is Joe Biden's cousin. I'm not sure what her connection is to the two lads.

She worked on their show in I radio about 10 years ago. Someone said on twitter that she is seeing Joe Brolly but I dont know joe true that is.  

Really like the podcast and would be a bigger fan of Tiernan than Hector but I think Tiernan brings out the best in hector. 
AKA pedantic kunt
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:49pm
She's been with Brolly for a few years now
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

She's been with Brolly for a few years now

I was wondering as they both mention the Finnish tradition of getting pissed at home in your underwear during winter and sending photos to your mates  in the same week..
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:31pm
What? Isnt Brolly married?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Was
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

As many people on ybig know some marriages don’t work out 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:57pm
I see i never knew that. Maybe hes trying to get to Biden LOL
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:25pm

Started to listening to his podcast with Hector and Laurita Blewit. Must say I didn't like it at the beginning but enjoy it now. 

His chat show is great stuff too. Much better at interviewing people then Tubirdy.
. Not sure what she brings to the table at all, painful enough to listen to and not at all funny
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

. Not sure what she brings to the table at all, painful enough to listen to and not at all funny

She is not there to be funny. Most comedy works off the contrast by one person trying to be sensible and one or two others being funny or mad.  Think father Ted v Dougal and Jack.  It’s a standard setup.  Straight man if you like in this case straight woman.  She also plays a role in being the butt of the jokes also.  I met her at a wedding once and she seemed sound enough. Reminds me of many girls I went to school with. 

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

She is not there to be funny. Most comedy works off the contrast by one person trying to be sensible and one or two others being funny or mad.  Think father Ted v Dougal and Jack.  It’s a standard setup.  Straight man if you like in this case straight woman.  She also plays a role in being the butt of the jokes also.  I met her at a wedding once and she seemed sound enough. Reminds me of many girls I went to school with. 
She mostly avoided you?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:57pm
I listened to 4 or 5 of the podcasts. They were pretty good i thought. I dont mind listening to Laurita. Havent listened to any of them in a while tho. I dont really watch his show much. I can only take him in small doses..he should lose the beard and hat.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 10:11pm
I didn't think I'd like it at all but have found myself roaring laughing at times listening to it. This more nature, less neady Hector is much better and he gets on so well with Tommy. She's not funny or original at all really, but has an infectious laugh and seems a good sort (well until I heard she's dating Brolly).
Tiernan is the star of the show. I've seen him so many times over the years and even around Galway back in the day. As PM said, he's early stuff was amazing and he's touched by genius I think. He went through a very strange phase about a decade or more ago. One night I saw him humiliate a girl in an audience and I really went off him for a while after that.
But he's been great again the last few years. He's more reflective and calm now, but still comes out with some incredible thoughts and lines.
The tv show is very good at times and his interest in and empathy with guests is great to watch, but in one way it doesn't really suit him to go that mainstream. 
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 10:16pm
brilliant tv tonight. Just good conversation and not interviews.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

She mostly avoided you?

Too true.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 10:59pm

She try’s to be funny though. Maybe you should explain her role to her next time you meetBig smile.

Don’t think hector is funny either, but he is a good storyteller. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 11:55pm
brilliant podcast, a bit of a break from the constant negativity all around us for the past year 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 7:49am
I never got Hector before, found him very annoying. But he's very good on the podcast and has some great stories. Tiernan is mental, but hilarious. As Baldrick said, Blewitt complements the two lads well.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 8:03am
the interview with Brenda Fricker last night was pure class.
Miles ahead of tubridy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic