You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tommy Feely (RIP)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

It was so sad to hear of Tommy’s Passing yesterday. A little man with a BIG heart. Cry

He was born in County Kilburn and let everybody know that.

He’d tell you his mums and dad’s stories of “No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish”. His mum was an angel in Kilburn looking after the Irish who had lost their way!

He hated Bigots – Farage was the Devil – one silver lining – he wouldn’t live in the era of Brexit.

He travelled to Jamaica with me for the Cricket World Cup in 2007, where we watched Ireland beat Pakistan on St Patrick’s Day. We didn’t see him for the first 2 days – the hotel messed up his room booking and were constantly sending him complimentary champagne to his room. When he did come down to the pool, he was wearing jeans and brogues (no Boston Celtic Jacket).

He travelled the world watching the Boys and Girls in Green playing all sports and codes. He got himself into a few scrapes on the way, because of his big heart Heart

He went to Bangladesh in 2014 to see Irelands women play in the T20 World Cup – It was a “Dry” Country Smile

He went to Mexico in 86 to follow the “Billy Boys”!!!

He travelled to Mandela’s Funeral!!! The story of planes, trains & automobiles of how he got there.

His Charity Work……the list is endless!!!

The last time I saw him was in Lords last summer, when we bowled the English out for 85 runs. I don’t think he made the Swiss and Georgia double header as he was in Japan at the RWC.

You’re up there now Tommy (and not out of place) with, Ernesto "Che" Guevara Lynch, Rosa Parks and Nelson Mandela! They’ll be wearing a jersey with Tommy Feely No1 on their backs.

Ard fheis go raibh ag a anam.

This is great, thanks for posting 

He'll be missed on the trips, that's two big characters lost in a few years now after Bear passed away 
Sponsored Links

Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 2:29pm
Lovely tributes all. My fave memory of the Great Man was ye friendly with Italy at Standard Liege. I was invited along as token Tuscan Fiorello IL Tonio 😀
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It was so sad to hear of Tommy’s Passing yesterday. A little man with a BIG heart. Cry

He’d tell you his mums and dad’s stories of “No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish”. His mum was an angel in Kilburn looking after the Irish who had lost their way!

He hated Bigots – Farage was the Devil – one silver lining – he wouldn’t live in the era of Brexit.

He travelled to Jamaica with me for the Cricket World Cup in 2007, where we watched Ireland beat Pakistan on St Patrick’s Day. We didn’t see him for the first 2 days – the hotel messed up his room booking and were constantly sending him complimentary champagne to his room. When he did come down to the pool, he was wearing jeans and brogues (no Boston Celtic Jacket).

He travelled the world watching the Boys and Girls in Green playing all sports and codes. He got himself into a few scrapes on the way, because of his big heart Heart

He went to Bangladesh in 2014 to see Irelands women play in the T20 World Cup – It was a “Dry” Country Smile

He travelled to Mandela’s Funeral!!! The story of planes, trains & automobiles of how he got there.

The last time I saw him was in Lords last summer, when we bowled the English out for 85 runs. I don’t think he made the Swiss and Georgia double header as he was in Japan at the RWC.

You’re up there now Tommy (and not out of place) with, Ernesto "Che" Guevara Lynch, Rosa Parks and Nelson Mandela! They’ll be wearing a jersey with Tommy Feely No1 on their backs.

This is great, thanks for posting 

He'll be missed on the trips, that's two big characters lost in a few years now after Bear passed away 

Indeed, two good men. I met Tommie the day after our 1-1 result in Wembley in 1991. None of us in good condition. He decided to put all the Irish bands, tunes on the juke box to annoy the few Ingerland fans in the pub. Jacket on as normal. Great craic with him, Lopez and a few other London Irish in Tbilisi - Betsy's Hotel 2017. We  then ended up in a local bar with the brummies on an almighty session, where Tommy called in on the  session. What a legend. He missed the connecting flight from Copenhagen to Aarhus  in 2018. 

They wouldn't let him fly. We did our best to convince the pilot to let him on, but wouldn't. Tommy in true sense of character said, thank you and headed back to the airport bar. Many other memories, but these are a few. When we get a game in the Aviva, we should get his name and image up in lights for what he was - a great Irish fan.

Edited by Sham157 - 15 Aug 2020 at 3:26pm
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 3:32pm
Fortunate enough to meet Tommy on the trips over the last 10 years. Truly a larger than life character with a heart of gold. Will be sadly missed on the trips. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Tommy. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 4:29pm
Thought I met him in Tir na nOig in Aarhus ??
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 9:29pm
A great charactor Tommy. Only chatted to him once ever, in Tbilisi in 2017 and he told me a few great stories. He lived some life by the sounds of it and his charity work showed what a big heart the man had. Some lovely tributes to him on here
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 9:44pm
Only really chatted to Tommy on two occasions that would be in Törun and in Antalya. Character definitely and his eccentric personality will be missed. RIP Tommy.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:18am
A bed in Heaven awaits you Tommy. Or better still, may a Bar in Heaven await you. A great character, and always loved hearing his Cockney voice calling from across the pub. Or Airport terminal. Anywhere really. It was unmistakable. Very sad to hear of his passing. A true Son of Ireland. 
Rest in peace pal. 

Edited by Steve Amsterdam - 16 Aug 2020 at 12:20am
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Thought I met him in Tir na nOig in Aarhus ??
Ya did the next day . . We all met him In tír na nòg and the other bar near the the ibis hotel. 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:06pm
Thats mad ye i definitely remember him at bar as you walk in. That was the day of match. Emma paid a visit late in the day. Long day of drinking.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 8:03pm

Very nicely put 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:19pm
RIP to the legend.  Great tribute wicklowrunner.  
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:33pm
Absolute legend of a man. sadly missed. 

Next time we all get to go to an away game we will have a jager for you Tom. R.I.P
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
I only met him once in Cologne but listening to him recount his stories and sayings, I knew I was in the presence of genuine character and good soul. The Boston Celtics jacket was iconic and I always kept an eye out for it in the stands. Lovely tributes being posted here. 

May he Rest In Peace
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:21am
Further tributes to Tommy seen on Facebook.  This from a lawyer with her own practice in South Africa whose studies Tommy funded.

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Further tributes to Tommy seen on Facebook.  This from a lawyer with her own practice in South Africa whose studies Tommy funded.

That's incredible Clap

Met him a few times on away trips and echo everything that has been said. RIP Tommy
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

That gave me goosebumps reading that. Fantastic. Never met him, as drunk and all as I often have been on away trips, he sounds like a man you would remember!

RIP
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:23am
Class.  What a legend.  Only chatted to him twice but knew nothing about him really.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic