You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tommy Feely (RIP)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KILCRUISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 7:47pm
RIP Tommy. A real character. 
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:50pm
Feck me he was a classic Ireland fan, in all the times i met him i only saw him sober once and that was in an airport going to a game . 

Sad loss i must say . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 9:09pm
Ah very sad news. He was always a bit of craic and had a story to tell.
RIP Tommy, you'll be missed
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:15pm
Very sorry to hear this. Chatted with him a couple of times at aways. Seemed an awful nice man.

Had the pleasure of collecting tickets with him in Irish team hotel in Tbilisi  in 2014. Never seen a man as hungover in my life LOL

R.I.P. Tommy. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:23pm

Deeply sad news. I had known him for over 20 years, Tommy was always a fixture at London Supporters' Club meetings with his Boston Celtics jacket. A passionate Ireland fan, he's travelled the world following not just the Irish football team, but rugby and cricket teams too.

One thing you might not know is that Tommy Feely also supported an orphanage in Zambia.  Bringing them donations on his annual visits, converting them into a little corner of Ireland in the process.

A garrilous larger than life figure who had time for everybody and whose heart was always in the right place. My deepest condolences to his family. Rest in peace Tommy, Ar dheis De go raibh a Anam.

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Deeply sad news. I had known him for over 20 years, Tommy was always a fixture at London Supporters' Club meetings with his Boston Celtics jacket. A passionate Ireland fan, he's travelled the world following not just the Irish football team, but rugby and cricket teams too.

One thing you might not know is that Tommy Feely also supported an orphanage in Zambia.  Bringing them donations on his annual visits, converting them into a little corner of Ireland in the process.

A garrilous larger than life figure who had time for everybody and whose heart was always in the right place. My deepest condolences to his family. Rest in peace Tommy, Ar dheis De go raibh a Anam.

Very well said. He paid college fees for some kids in Africa to go further in education as well. A famously generous man. His shirt with Parks and the number 1 on the back was another classic Tommy trademark. 

He eventually lost that original Celtics jacket but it was hanging together by threads at that stage. Next time I saw him, he'd managed to source another one one exact same! Have my suspicions that he'd bought two way back and stuck the other in the wardrobe till it was needed! 

Regularly drank with him and Mick Joyce on away trips for years and both gone now. Very sad. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 15 Aug 2020 at 2:56pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Lovely tribute Newry. Clap

My sister is working in Zambia for a charity. I'm delighted Tommy had already converted them and did all the ground work for her Wink 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:08am
26+6=1 as Tommy would say LOL RIP
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 1:10am
Very sad news. Bumped into him on many's an away trip. Used to always tell me in his thick London accent that "Kilburn is the firty fird coun'eeee" LOL

It was always a pleasure to bump into him on an away trip and have a chat. He loved the jar, and was a real character. A great guy. 

Rest in peace Tommy.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 1:28am
One of the good guys, a pleasure to speak to on many a trip. 
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 2:19am
RIP TOM
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 10:16am
RIP Tommy.

Used to live near Kilburn and would spot him sporting the Boston Celtics jacket. Must have been an every day jacket.
Don't think I'd ever spoken to him but he's one of those people that you know and hear about.
The dark side.. And the light
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:09am

It was so sad to hear of Tommy’s Passing yesterday. A little man with a BIG heart. Cry

He was born in County Kilburn and let everybody know that.

He’d tell you his mums and dad’s stories of “No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish”. His mum was an angel in Kilburn looking after the Irish who had lost their way!

He hated Bigots – Farage was the Devil – one silver lining – he wouldn’t live in the era of Brexit.

He travelled to Jamaica with me for the Cricket World Cup in 2007, where we watched Ireland beat Pakistan on St Patrick’s Day. We didn’t see him for the first 2 days – the hotel messed up his room booking and were constantly sending him complimentary champagne to his room. When he did come down to the pool, he was wearing jeans and brogues (no Boston Celtic Jacket).

He travelled the world watching the Boys and Girls in Green playing all sports and codes. He got himself into a few scrapes on the way, because of his big heart Heart

He went to Bangladesh in 2014 to see Irelands women play in the T20 World Cup – It was a “Dry” Country Smile

He went to Mexico in 86 to follow the “Billy Boys”!!!

He travelled to Mandela’s Funeral!!! The story of planes, trains & automobiles of how he got there.

His Charity Work……the list is endless!!!

The last time I saw him was in Lords last summer, when we bowled the English out for 85 runs. I don’t think he made the Swiss and Georgia double header as he was in Japan at the RWC.

You’re up there now Tommy (and not out of place) with, Ernesto "Che" Guevara Lynch, Rosa Parks and Nelson Mandela! They’ll be wearing a jersey with Tommy Feely No1 on their backs.

Ard fheis go raibh ag a anam.

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:22am
What an absolutely lovely tribute from the heart from an absolute gentleman about an absolute gentleman. Says it all about the great character Tommy was. He will be missed but still part of many stories that are told.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:22pm
A great character and was a man with a lion’a heart.

He was one of a kind and if you didn’t see him on an away trip you’d be questioning where he was (or where you were). He is and always will be remembered as a Good Samaritan who loved the craic. A sad sad occasion.

May he rest in peace
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:30pm
I didn’t know him, but every time I come back to this thread there’s a new revelation. Thanks for sharing your memories. Tommy seems to have been a man of real character. It’s been great learning his story. RIP
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:57pm
Lovely man. Was a pleasure to have met him on a few occasions. RIP
Davros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 2:24pm
A massive loss to Irish fans, globally, Imho!!

When the time comes, will pass this link to his folks,

God bless Tomás Ó Fithcheallaigh.
RIP.

Missing you already, you crazy, lovely, crazy man.
Integrate, Integrate!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic