You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Cannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 55>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

If I had to place a bet on it I would say he is gone. 

LOL

Bookmarked for when he is stumbling about the lower leagues in 5 years becoming the next Liam Kelly, Mipo Odupeko, Armstrong Okoflex.....etc 

I think it's been clear for a while that he's well above the level of any of those players. Of those only Kelly was ever linked with the senior squad and that was back when we had absolutely nothing else coming through.

I'd say that's not quite true in the Kelly had probably 18 months of playing in the championship and getting to a playoff final so probably had operated consistently for a lot longer than Cannon has done. And it still didn't work out - No guarantees in football. 
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:27pm

Don't really understand this at all. If it's a switching or wait and see situation why would you go with tonsillitis as an excuse? It only lasts a few days. Just say you're out for four to six weeks with a groin strain or something, nobody would give it a second thought.

Kenny specifically said four days ago that he wasn't injured and would hopefully be with the 21s - 5:10 in the video below:

You've obviously never had a severe case of tonsillitis/strep throat if you think it can only ever last a few days.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:38pm
Never knew it to cause someone to miss a football game due to injury all the same.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Don't really understand this at all. If it's a switching or wait and see situation why would you go with tonsillitis as an excuse? It only lasts a few days. Just say you're out for four to six weeks with a groin strain or something, nobody would give it a second thought.

Kenny specifically said four days ago that he wasn't injured and would hopefully be with the 21s - 5:10 in the video below:

You've obviously never had a severe case of tonsillitis/strep throat if you think it can only ever last a few days.

He was at Coldplay with his missus in Manchester four days ago.

I struggle to see how he got out of bed with such a serious illness...
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Maybe he could just be, you know, not well?

He was at a music festival with his bird at the weekend, posted a few pics on his instagram
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:01pm
Are we really back playing Instagram detectives a la Obafemi, Odubeko, Okoflex etc? How did those panics turn out?
We're decent enough..
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Maybe he could just be, you know, not well?

He was at a music festival with his bird at the weekend, posted a few pics on his instagram

Was he playing a fans match for 90mins in the crowd?
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:05pm

Are we really back playing Instagram detectives a la Obafemi, Odubeko, Okoflex etc? How did those panics turn out?

Someone suggested he might not be well. 
He went to Coldplay and Chris Martin sang that he would try and fix him but it clearly hasn't worked. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:11pm
There are premiership stars who while out injured go to events etc. Going to a Coldplay concert is hardly the same as playing a game of football.

I get the suspicion but he could genuinely not be well enough to train or play without all the 'he was seen in Tescos buying a ham' comparisons.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:16pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

If I had to place a bet on it I would say he is gone. 

LOL

Bookmarked for when he is stumbling about the lower leagues in 5 years becoming the next Liam Kelly, Mipo Odupeko, Armstrong Okoflex.....etc 

I think it's been clear for a while that he's well above the level of any of those players. Of those only Kelly was ever linked with the senior squad and that was back when we had absolutely nothing else coming through.

He's a 20 year old striker and has 8 league goals. 
Wouldn't get carried away yet. 
Good chance that he'll never be good enough for England
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:18pm

There are premiership stars who while out injured go to events etc. Going to a Coldplay concert is hardly the same as playing a game of football.

I get the suspicion but he could genuinely not be well enough to train or play without all the 'he was seen in Tescos buying a ham' comparisons.

How did he get injured though? 

He was fine on the last day of the season. Did he decide to go training in the offseason while suffering from tonsilitis?

Or did he do a Liam Lawrence and trip over his dog?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:25pm

He was fine on the last day of the season. Did he decide to go training in the offseason while suffering from tonsilitis?

There's currently as much evidence for that as there is the other theories. The reality is that none of us actually know, the only official word so far is from Kenny and Crawford saying he is not fit to play.
We're decent enough..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:30pm
I see he has unfollowed FAI, & Guinness on Instagram 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

He was at Coldplay with his missus in Manchester four days ago.

I struggle to see how he got out of bed with such a serious illness...

I find this to be the most disappointing aspect of this whole situation.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 2:26pm
If he has asked for time off to consider his international future, and that remains an "if", then Kenny & Crawford are correct imo not to make a big issue out of it at this stage. Best to let the lad stew it over and let's see where he stands when the new season kicks off and the U21 campaign begins in September. I dont think we can draw conclusions until the U21 campaign kicks off on 8th September. If he's playing regularly and isnt in either that squad or the senior squad, well then we'll know. Anything else is just speculation at this stage - he could be carrying a knock and could have been advised to take the summer off.

Edited by John Nice - 06 Jun 2023 at 2:27pm
Idah Dream!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 2:51pm

But from what I gathered, it's not an injury, it's an illness and match sharpness that's being reported.

Anyway, all speculation at the moment.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I see he has unfollowed FAI, & Guinness on Instagram 

LOL

Move to ROTW section.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

If he has asked for time off to consider his international future, and that remains an "if", then Kenny & Crawford are correct imo not to make a big issue out of it at this stage. Best to let the lad stew it over and let's see where he stands when the new season kicks off and the U21 campaign begins in September. I dont think we can draw conclusions until the U21 campaign kicks off on 8th September. If he's playing regularly and isnt in either that squad or the senior squad, well then we'll know. Anything else is just speculation at this stage - he could be carrying a knock and could have been advised to take the summer off.

Asking for time off to consider my international future means I waiting to see if England are gonna get in touch. Nothing to consider it should be Yes or No..and if its No so be it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 55>
  Share Topic