You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Cannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tom Cannon
    Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:42pm
Comes on as a sub for Everton against Bournemouth to become the 200th Irish player to play in the Premier League.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Comes on as a sub for Everton against Bournemouth to become the 200th Irish player to play in the Premier League.
#

Does he have the firepower we need?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:59pm

He certainly will always have a ball by his side. 

Rock on Tommy. 
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:02pm
Not the easiest game for him to make his debut in, possibly Lampard's last as their manager. Nice moment for him though and hopefully he will go out on loan after Christmas.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:05pm
Tommy Gunn
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:28pm

Not the easiest game for him to make his debut in, possibly Lampard's last as their manager. Nice moment for him though and hopefully he will go out on loan after Christmas.
Tbf to the lad he did well when he came on. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:33pm
Has he Irish grandparents?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:44pm
The guy was just fodder for the cherries 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 6:16pm
Looks more like a tank. Big unit of a lad.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 9:35pm
Can you name the other 199 Republic of Ireland players with Premier League appearances?
https://www.sporcle.com/games/IrishAbroad/name-all-fai-players-with-premier-league-appearances
(note - does not include any player who has changed international allegiance from the Republic of Ireland)
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Can you name the other 199 Republic of Ireland players with Premier League appearances?
https://www.sporcle.com/games/IrishAbroad/name-all-fai-players-with-premier-league-appearances
(note - does not include any player who has changed international allegiance from the Republic of Ireland)

Do all those players have Ireland caps?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 10:31pm
They definitely won't all have senior caps - I'd say 50+ are uncapped at senior level, but almost all if not all will either have senior caps, underage caps or been in an Ireland squad at some point. 

Edited by You Tell Me - 13 Nov 2022 at 10:34pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Do all those players have Ireland caps?
No, but all will have either been born in Ireland, or have underage, or B caps
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 10:37pm

15 mins isnt enough time, only got 85 in. 

I thought i was nailing the tough ones until i revealed the list at the end. Jaysis. Scott Fitzgerald, Brian Launders. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 11:00pm
I think the only player on the list to have never played for, or at least been called up by Ireland at any level is Rory Ginty from Galway.

Played for Crystal Palace in the Premier League, including against Liverpool, but was never called up by Ireland at any age group. Now living and working back in Galway.

Edited by You Tell Me - 13 Nov 2022 at 11:04pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

15 mins isnt enough time, only got 85 in. 

I thought i was nailing the tough ones until i revealed the list at the end. Jaysis. Scott Fitzgerald, Brian Launders. 
Have extended it to twenty minutes, and surnames are accepted as answers now
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 10:56am
Got 122 and missed some recent ones, very tough but good quiz!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 11:18am
Very tough alright, could still be sitting here now and wouldn't have got some of those. 

127/200
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic