You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 755756757758759 786>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Two small bets today and they're two irish raiders early on in the day. 

Pavlichenko runs in the 1.40 and whilst he's only ever ran grand it's only his 8th race today and it's as weak as he'll ever run in. Feanes record in england is making me back this fella. His draw is poor but at 9/2 i'll have a small play each way. 

Xinbama runs in the 2.00 in bath and if he's ever going to win again it will be today. Formerly a horse rated in his 90s he runs off a mark of 53 here. His last two runs have been very encouraging, coming a very nice third (that run would win this race), followed by coming 6th in his last run when he would have traded a short price in running as he cruised to the front 5 furlongs out and was still cruising before 2 out but faded away. That was an amatuer race and he should have been played later than he was. For all that it was still very encouraging, he's been off over a month since so I'm sure he'll have been well freshened up for this. 9 year olds can throw in woblers, but hopefully this fella won't today and i'll have a decent cut at the 6/1 available. 

Will do a small each way double too

That ride on xinbama Dead

Franny Norton up next time out and he duly hacks up, I missed it of course!!!

I really fancy escamillo in the 4.45 in Galway at the 6/1 mark. He absolutely trounced the field last year in the muck in Navan. It was a serious performance and he looked destined for big things. IT hasn't happened for him this year for whatever reason but he's dropped away down the weights fast enough in turn. He's had a bit of a break, its a much weaker race than what he has been running in. Joeseph O Brien is flying and Donnacha is back up for the first time since he hacked up in Navan in similar ground. Hopefully he can collect.  

I see remarkable lady is a big price in the race after. Any word or opinion on her chances of a place?

Very worrying drift on escamillo. 
I wouldn't back remarkable lady in that race. 
Here we go again
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:48pm
Was giving 2 horses e.w but see that 2 have been withdrawn already in the first horses case so only 7 left in, Kings win 5.30 Clonmel today, and Glasson lad E.W tomorrow
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm
Might win the 6.00 race that one 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:39pm
Shocking ride from Mooney made up 60 or 70 lengths to be beaten by a few lengths in the end Jaysus sickner  
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:47pm
Sampdoria are around 7/2 at home to Inter over the weekend. They're usually very good at home, Inter have been very up and down this season, and are playing after a midweek game. Samp could be worth a few bob
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 11:34pm
O'Hanrahans are 8/11 against Ballinabranna tomorrow, The Blues (O'Hanrahans) won 7-15 to 1-9 last weekend in the Quarter Final in the Carlow Intermediate Championship.

I'm doubling them up with Eire Og B (Intermediates) at 13/8 who are a very tempting price but far from certs, I do think they've a great chance mind.

Eire Og's senior team are playing MLR in the Carlow Senior Championship and should beat them easily so they won't need to use any of their good intermediate players so they'll be available to play Kildavin on the Sunday.

Just over 10/3 the double

Edited by Green Devil - 21 Sep 2018 at 11:41pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 5:27pm
Absolutely sick O'Hanrahans went down to 14 men after 10 minutes, were 11 points down on 60 minutes and managed to draw level in injury time Stern Smile

Eire Og won.........
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:04am
I don't ever recall having this many fancies in one day but I fancy just the 5 today!

Two across the pond, these are always simple for me, irish raiders in low grade handicaps stick out like a sore thumb for me. There always seems to be value in them too and with a bit of selective picking it yields a nice return. If i have time some day I will go through Irish horses over the last year in class 4 or below affairs across the pond - I'd say backing every single horse would have yielded a profit. 

We start off in the 3.00 in hamilton with a horse that has only ran the 39 times and has an inspiring win rate of 0%! Mzuri runs for adrian mcguinnes who had a winner yesterday in hamilton. She has had one run across the pond in Ayr where she came 4th. Beaten in a blanket finished by just over half a length. She was finishing well and was unlucky. Under the same jockey she runs here today in a similarly poor race. If she's ever going to win it'll be today and paddypower paying an extra place on this race. 20/1 4 places paddypower.

Staying in hamilton, the 4.30 sees zig zag zyggy contesting an average enough looking affair off the same mark with which he won with decisive authority in dundalk on friday night. He's actually 3 pounds lower if you take into account his jockeys claim, that race in dundalk actually looked like quite a strong affair friday night, definitely stronger than this. If he shows up in the same form he wins. So it's a simple selection for me at 9/2.

Going to fairyhouse and I'm backing three richard o brien runners, all in the last three races. They're all well handicapped and overpriced in my eyes. The one I actually like the most is maymine in the 5.45 25/1 is double the price I thought she would be and I have to have a play. I'd say in time she could prove herself to be a horse that could pick up some black type, she's still very unexposed, I would have preferred a bit more cut in the ground but everything considered i'd say she should run well. 25/1 with 5 places in pp.

Tea for tango is probably a bit of an enigma but should also run well after being freshened up, 12/1 in the 6.15. 

Last but not least the lunatic that is alcatraz. Chris hayes on his back and the handicapper has given him a bit of a chance. He's worth the risk at 12/1.

Best of luck to anyone who plays!Thumbs Up

Edited by irish_major - 24 Sep 2018 at 10:06am
Here we go again
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:38am
Cheers IM
T for Tango is a non runner I see.

Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 3:31pm

a horse that has only ran the 39 times and has an inspiring win rate of 0%! Mzuri. 

What is the reason a person/owner/trainer would continue to enter a horse into races with this (now 0-40) record? Finished 8th today. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 4:32pm
Zig Zag Zyggy wins Clap
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:10pm
Aidan O'Brien has a reserve in the 8.30 Dundalk No. 16 Conquest 9/1 its a Extra Place race with most bookies could be a value each way shout.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 12:14pm
Mackem Bullet running in the 2.25 at Newmarket today 25/1 it was second in a photo finish at York last time out.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
good shout DM, placed he was
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

good shout DM, placed he was

I put £3 e/w on it.

I see its a Westmeath horse with a Sunderland connection.
Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 6:17pm
Jesus that Alcatraz is one fckin frustrating mule, I’m in danger of following this donkey off a cliff
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:55am
Who do people fancy for the Arc on Sunday? I've had a few quid on Enable since before her comeback run, but it'll be a huge ask to do it again. Kew Gardens could be worth a few quid each way, he looked excellent in the St Leger
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 755756757758759 786>
  Share Topic