You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 738739740741742 787>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Jenny’s surprise e/w in the 4.10 ffos las

You heard word on this or just one you fancy?

Good source, Expected to go very close. Was 11s when I heard
another good shout, good day on here
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:18pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Jenny’s surprise e/w in the 4.10 ffos las

You heard word on this or just one you fancy?

Good source, Expected to go very close. Was 11s when I heard

Good man fingers

2/2 today.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:25pm
A good day
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:39pm
Not a tip lads, but Noel Meade has one going in the bumper on his local track with Nina up and is a bit of a decent price at e.w for an interest, but only 7 runners so only the 2 places
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:25pm
The Ballyboy 4.40 Thurles. 11/4. I've heard word from the track that they are expecting a win.

1 point win.

0 return/ 3 stake
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:05pm
How do you work out the book % in a race, and what should it be from bookmakers?
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:18pm
Be good at Maths or just use something like below

http://www.horseracing-and-bettingsystems.com/betting-odds-percentage-table.html

just add up the percentages and you'll get your overround, whatever amount it is above 100% is the margin built in, say for example a bookies 100% price is 3/1, they'll offer the customer 11/4 depending on how much margin they accounted for, generally about 2% per runner, but really depends on how competitive a bookie wants to b
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:22pm
using the 15:20 as an example:

11/8 -> 42.1%
2/1 -> 33.3%
11/2 -> 15.4%
9/1 -> 10%
12/1 -> 7.7%
28/1 -> 3.45%

So the totally overound of the race is 111.95%, the margin being 11.95%
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Richmond Ultra Richmond Ultra wrote:

The Ballyboy 4.40 Thurles. 11/4. I've heard word from the track that they are expecting a win.

1 point win.

0 return/ 3 stake

Poor jumping.:(
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:27pm
[QUOTE=irish_major] Going for one at a big price this evening in the last race in wolverhampton. 
Arlecchino's leap at 16/1 with boyles and pp. Think he's about 6 points too big. He's been dropped 18 pounds for 7 runs in a reasonably short space of time. A gamble went astray on him 2 runs ago over course and distance where he was sent off 4/1 favourite and didn't run a bad race coming from well off the pace to finish nicely. If he can be handy enough he has to have a good chance off a near career low mark, he's only a 6 year old so should be well capable of getting back to a mark in the 80s at some point. He's ran in wolverhampton 8 times, winning 3 and coming 2nd twice. 
I think he's too big to ignore, ladbrokes paying 4 places but they're only 12/1.

I'm going to put 2 points win and 1 point place at 16/1.

11 points staked  27.2 returned

[/QUOTE
Bump won the last at Chelmsford 8/1 tonight Hugh Taylor tipped it up as well.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:01pm
Polly’s pursuit 3.40 Exeter tomorrow
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

[QUOTE=irish_major] Going for one at a big price this evening in the last race in wolverhampton. 
Arlecchino's leap at 16/1 with boyles and pp. Think he's about 6 points too big. He's been dropped 18 pounds for 7 runs in a reasonably short space of time. A gamble went astray on him 2 runs ago over course and distance where he was sent off 4/1 favourite and didn't run a bad race coming from well off the pace to finish nicely. If he can be handy enough he has to have a good chance off a near career low mark, he's only a 6 year old so should be well capable of getting back to a mark in the 80s at some point. He's ran in wolverhampton 8 times, winning 3 and coming 2nd twice. 
I think he's too big to ignore, ladbrokes paying 4 places but they're only 12/1.

I'm going to put 2 points win and 1 point place at 16/1.

11 points staked  27.2 returned

[/QUOTE
Bump won the last at Chelmsford 8/1 tonight Hugh Taylor tipped it up as well.

On holibobs and just saw my tracker email and the result. Very annoying.
Here we go again
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 7:00pm
Is this strictly tips for ponies?

Not going to make anyone rich but a bit of value in Italy to score O1.5 tries Evens

Edited by eboue16 - 23 Feb 2018 at 7:01pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Is this strictly tips for ponies?

Not going to make anyone rich but a bit of value in Italy to score O1.5 tries Evens

Good value would be amazed if it didn’t pay out
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:31am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Polly’s pursuit 3.40 Exeter tomorrow
sorry lads was good word out of Henderson’s yard for this, contact says put it on the swerve list now
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Lovely win last night to give the bank a nice boost. The winner was subsequently demoted to second, I watched the race about 10 times afterwards and could not believe that decision, I hope they appeal because that was a joke. Anyway, with all bookies paying first past the post and the official result we are in business. 

I fancy two today. 
Threediamondrings in the 4.45 lingfield. Has been dropping away in the weights and ran his best race for a while last time out when mounting his challenge he hung badly left. The return to lingfield will remove any of that trouble. He's definitely weighted to run a good race and is a nice price to boot. For all that said, the favourite who's looking for a 5 timer might be hard to beat but hopefully we can.

1 point win threediamondrings 4.45 lingfield 10/1 pp. 

There's an absolute plot job in dundalk tonight. War room in the 7.00. He has been dropped 12 pounds in 4 runs and has been fancy prices for every run. His last run was very very eye catching. He was cruising but had a nice bit of work to do and Shane Foley didn't use his whip once during the race. It was a trip short of his best and he was very tenderly handled. He's now down to a mark of 51 with, I assume, the aim of trying to rattle off a few 45-65 races. Tonight's a going night and with the very capable gary halpin taking 3 pounds off in this apprentice handicap he's poised to strike. Almost to the day last year he won over course and distance off 14 pounds higher. 

I can't ignore the extra place on offer with PP but this is a very confident selection by me. 

2 points each way, 1 point win. War room 7.00 dundalk 7/1 pp. 4 places. 

41 points staked 63.2 returned. 

War room placed that night but there was a small rule 4. Put's the pot at 68.2 points. 
I have been on holidays since but hopefully we can get things back up and running. 

I have one for today. 
Karim Albaari runs in the 2.00 in lingfield. The old boy put up a great performance two runs back to beat presence process by a smooth two lengths. Presence process has won twice in the mean time and Karim Albaari meets him on a pound better terms today than when he beat him two runs back!
He ran twice in the mean time and came an unlucky third and after breaking very slowly last time he came 12th but was only beaten 5 lengths. 
Now the probem with today is that he's running over a trip shorter than ideal. His last win was over 10f he runs over a mile today. However if he can break smartly then he can still hopefully come flying with a run at the end. At 33/1, I can't ignore him as for the negatives there are glaringly obvious positives which means he could run well. If it was over a longer trip today I would seriously fancy him, but as I said I'll take a chance at the prices. 

1 point each way Karim Albaari 2.00 lingfield. 33/1 pp. 4 places 

43 points staked 68.2 returned. 
Here we go again
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:03pm
Roses in the rain 3.50 Thurles e/w. Most firms doing extra place offer. Word is that it will go close. I said I'd pass it on.

1 point at 11/2

Stake 4 points/return 0 points.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 2:41pm
Great to see Ruby is back Heart

A bit of money coming for his mount Lareena at Thurles in the 3:15.

Very hard to choose between Lareena and Awayinthewest
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 738739740741742 787>
  Share Topic