You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Next year we're looking at what, two friendlies in March, two NL matches in June and one more NL match in the Autumn?
That it?

Four nations league games in June and Two in September. 4 team group again this time as opposed to 3 teams first time around.

They wont all be at home thoughLOL
Apologies i though yas were just talking about all fixtures next year. But there is a possibility 3 in June could be at home or only 1 could be at home depending on how fixtures fall. Same for March it could be two away friendlies.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Next year we're looking at what, two friendlies in March, two NL matches in June and one more NL match in the Autumn?
That it?
Four nations league games in June and Two in September. 4 team group again this time as opposed to 3 teams first time around.
They wont all be at home thoughLOL
Apologies i though yas were just talking about all fixtures next year. But there is a possibility 3 in June could be at home or only 1 could be at home depending on how fixtures fall. Same for March it could be two away friendlies.

Yeah, true but over the year we will have the 3 competitive NL matches (remember, we're trying to win the group!) and any other matches will be friendlies, so let's assume at least one at home in March and another later in the year.
Not a huge selection of matches, so assume the ST will be priced accordingly.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:46pm
When will we be able to transfer etickets
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 5:06pm
ultimately if you are a regular season ticket holder you are getting it no matter the games
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by fangreen fangreen wrote:

no. fk ireland they are hopeless.  just want to see CR

If Carlsberg did event junkies..

I haven't been to a stadium in 2 years, I won't be at this either, but at least I have never bought a match ticket to watch an opponent trying to beat us, at any level in this, or any other sport.

I wonder when all the hooligans (and Nigel Farage) literally jumped over fences to watch the Euros Final, was it to see their country play or was it to see Jorginho and Chiellini and Donnarumma run the show instead? 
eamon666 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eamon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:46pm
Ditto. And isn't it right that STHs get the first shot at tickets? I got mine and then bought more for friends at face value. None of those tickets will go to touts. We'll all the there cheering on the boys in green. Ticketmaster and FAI messed up but if real fans snapped up tickets before general sale, so be it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 8:52am
How do we reckon FAI messed up this one?

The only way they can track the regular fans is through Season Tickets. They got first dibs. How are the expected to know people who "go to all the games" but buy their tickets independently each time? Is that on FAI? They've provided a process (ST's) to track people
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by eamon666 eamon666 wrote:

Ditto. And isn't it right that STHs get the first shot at tickets? I got mine and then bought more for friends at face value. None of those tickets will go to touts. We'll all the there cheering on the boys in green. Ticketmaster and FAI messed up but if real fans snapped up tickets before general sale, so be it.
I would say most passed the extra tickets on to friends at face value , now touts who got their grubby hands on these is an other story .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The only way they can track the regular fans is through Season Tickets. They got first dibs. How are the expected to know people who "go to all the games" but buy their tickets independently each time? Is that on FAI? They've provided a process (ST's) to track people

No no no. The FAI should know the personal circumstances of each and every person on this island, and also not forgetting the Irish abroad, so that they can accurately assess who should get tickets for each and every fixture. If I haven't been to a game in ten years because of my own circumstances, that's clearly not a reason as to why someone who's been to a load of games in that same period should be prioritised over me. It's an outrage so it is, Joe.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

No no no. The FAI should know the personal circumstances of each and every person on this island, and also not forgetting the Irish abroad, so that they can accurately assess who should get tickets for each and every fixture. If I haven't been to a game in ten years because of my own circumstances, that's clearly not a reason as to why someone who's been to a load of games in that same period should be prioritised over me. It's an outrage so it is, Joe.
LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Not far off what they were at a few years ago. FAI security to JD "I believe **** ***** is a wedding in America so won't be a problem this weekend".
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:44am

I think the only thing that was messed up was the presale not giving the access they said it was gonna give, so more tickets were snapped up than should have been in reality. Having said that, I think we should've had access to 2 tickets minimum as ST holders anyway, so it's worked out imo. 

People will miss out and it's sh*te for those that have been going to heaps of games but don't have an ST due to personal circumstances, but that's just how it goes sometimes with these big sellouts. If you go to all the games you know yourself that the only way to guarantee your seat for these massive games is the ST 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:57am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

I think the only thing that was messed up was the presale not giving the access they said it was gonna give, so more tickets were snapped up than should have been in reality. Having said that, I think we should've had access to 2 tickets minimum as ST holders anyway, so it's worked out imo. 

People will miss out and it's sh*te for those that have been going to heaps of games but don't have an ST due to personal circumstances, but that's just how it goes sometimes with these big sellouts. If you go to all the games you know yourself that the only way to guarantee your seat for these massive games is the ST 
It will be the same thing over and over and over again with people saying they go to loads of games without having a season ticket. Personal circumstances that means they can’t go to all games but it’s been proven that even if they make “loads of the games” like they say they attend but not all it would financially make sense to buy one. Even if things don’t work out one year and they had to pay an extra 20/30 compared to single tickets it would still be worth it knowing that they have tickets for every home game sorted.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

That wasn’t the FAI though, that was a Ticketmaster systems issues for which they issued a public apology for on their Social Media channels.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 11:23am
yep 100% agreed with both of you, didn't realise there was an apology out about the Ticketmaster mess haha
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I've used the opportunity to tell those friends with kids who wanted to go to this and didn't get tickets, that the league of Ireland is there all the time and maybe the kids would want to go to those games. 

There was someone on the radio saying he can't afford to pay tout prices to take his son to his first game. Could have got €1 tickets to the Qatar game if he wanted.

Agreed.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

There are probably no more that 15k Irish fans as a core who will support the team, come what may.  Most of these will have STs.   There will always some more that cherrypick big games, some who want to be entertained, others who want to see their club heroes in the flesh. A big factor this time is that there has been nothing to go to for 18 months and we are desperate for a day out.  Expect a lot of kids at this.  
I didn't get a season ticket last time because I wasn't sure I'd be physically around for all of them because of work, but still managed to go to all the games bought on my FAI ticketmaster account. I have had a season ticket for years before then. Been to all 3 matches since COVID too and it all counted for nothing this time around and I was left fend with the general sale. Should be some sort of loyalty system that isn't just "did you buy the last season ticket?

Kind of annoying really and killed my interest in this game.

If anything I think more should have been done for the ST holders.  Maybe allow extras rather than a public sale.  

The reality is and has been for years if you go to the majority of games it makes financial sense to have a season ticket.  Not to mind the fact that it is guaranteed access to all home games.  

Agreed, ST holders should have had first shout before general sale. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 1:44pm
The quality of tickets in the general sale wasn't overly great from the ones I saw. Got lucky getting my ticket for Section 105 Row G 

The prices for the Rugby especially the Ireland vs All Blacks Is insane. €125 each for category 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic