You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ticket resale portal March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andys guitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
In 2012 I used auto refresh and page monitor for google chrome,typed IRL in the page monitor and everytime Ireland tickets came up an alarm would sound on the laptop,I got sorted for the 3 group games from the resale portal
Sponsored Links

Caraneboy8 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caraneboy8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 8:03pm
Anyone know when in March is will open??? 1st of March???

Edited by Caraneboy8 - 21 Feb 2016 at 11:14am
ROW-X View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROW-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 6:21am
Seen this app on the play store there:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.web - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.webalert

Looks like it would be handy to use on the blower instead of sitting down at the laptop for hours?  Any ye ever use it?
conordarcy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conordarcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 9:38pm
The resale portal was a free for all 4 years ago.
Tickets would only become available as people sold them so it was never more than 4 at a time, most often singles.

Once they appeared it was a race to fill out the payment details before everybody else.
My 1st thing every morning for months was to copy my credit card number so i'd be ready to paste it in if tickets appeared in order to save a few seconds (this could be once every few days).

Be ready to pull all the hair out of your head as yo'll think you have the tickets only for them to be gone at the last minute.

Having said that we managed to get tickets for all 3 games last time, 9 in total but it was basically a 9-5 job Monday to Friday.

Edited by conordarcy - 21 Feb 2016 at 9:39pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 4:16am
When someone puts up 4 tickets can you buy them all at once or can you only do individual tickets?

And if you successfully buy what does it say after you've got them? Any application succesfull notice on your uefa account? Also can you resell tickets on the portal that you bought on the resale portal?

Edited by eireland - 22 Feb 2016 at 4:17am
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conordarcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 10:00am
This was all 4 years ago, i'd imagine the system has changed. I remember it being very slow, a terrible site, crashed often.

Yes, once 4 tickets appeared you could buy all 4 but it didn't say how many were available.
But if there we're only 2 by the time you reduced the number of tickets you required they we're gone.
I suspect there were touts with bots running buying up all the tickets.

& yes, you can resell your tickets here also.
As I say, it was 4 years ago so I don't know exactly what the confirmation was but every time you logged in you could see your tickets in your account.

I had great success in the recent Rugby World Cup resale portal, i'd imagine it'll be similar. It was a far better system. 
RWC would dump all yesterdays resales on the site usually once day around 10am so you had a better chance than if they just added handfuls as they were resold. I know this because when we resold tickets they would not appear immediately. Your tickets would be marked as sold after 10am the next day.

I was on it quite a lot & was buying single tickets for Ireland v Italy.
Once we had enough tickets (party of 20) we started looking for pairs & reselling singles that were no longer needed. We also got rid of the most expensive ones for cheaper ones.
Eventually we had a few sets of 4's & 3's & the rest pairs.

I'll be taking the same approach this time round, looking for singles as we need 5 for Bordeaux then when everyone at least has a ticket trying for pairs or threes.

Edited by conordarcy - 22 Feb 2016 at 10:02am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 11:19am
Do uefa take a scalp if you sell a ticket on the portal ?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Yip sure do. Not sure what it is this time but think it was 15e in 2012. Open to correction on that. Plus they added a few Bob when u bought a ticket. I remember a 120e cat1 ticket cost 145 with administrative and postage costs. Worse than ticketmaster
Briii1 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briii1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 11:41am
152E for a 120E Cat 1  ticket is what I paid through the portal in 2012 . Uefa are  as bad a Viagogo for ripping off people.
Basically you sell a ticket on the resale for on the portal Cat 1 for 120 they charge you for selling it, they charge me for buying it also . I reckon they are making an extra 40% of the value of the ticket on the resale. Its sickening, On 120 tickets they made 50 euro a ticket on each transaction in 2012
Shakeitupbrady View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Mullingar in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakeitupbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 11:50am
Postage from UEFA is €15 weather it's one ticket or 16
barryn466 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barryn466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 12:58pm
I have a feeling this time round there won't be as many tickets on resale portal! But home I'm wrong!!
danny78 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:12pm
Is the portal open for the whole month of march?

Edited by danny78 - 22 Feb 2016 at 6:14pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Yip sure do. Not sure what it is this time but think it was 15e in 2012. Open to correction on that. Plus they added a few Bob when u bought a ticket. I remember a 120e cat1 ticket cost 145 with administrative and postage costs. Worse than ticketmaster
bastards...awful scam artists altogether.

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Feb 2016 at 5:38pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conordarcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by danny78 danny78 wrote:

Is the portal open for the while month of march?

I'd say its open right up to & including the tournament.
You can probably buy tickets up until a day or 2 before a match.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:45pm
Just having a curious look on Viagogo (Down with this sort of thing), surely it should be made illegal to sell a catagory 3 belgium ireland ticket for over 1000 euro, These people deserve to rot Angry
kd16 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kd16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 7:10pm
If someone pays it then you can't blame them, as low as it is
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 9:48pm
Yeah uefa as a bad as the touts with those charges. No shame at all.
seankerryireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seankerryireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 12:23am
Hey lads, couple of the lads from our group only got sorted for tickets for 1 game after applying for all 3 group games so they will be relying on resale portal for the other 2 games , just wondering will they be using same fai log in details for this portal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
  Share Topic