Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Threads being ruined

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The forum is now an out & out slog to the death, a battle of wills, a battle that can only be won by posting 18 hours a day and If you can’t put the work in prepare for failure m8 

My money is on Sid being the last man ever on YBIG
I will be the last man ever on the INTERNET
Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

think we may be at the stage that someone can only post 5 times on a thread per day.  
Remember over the years when a punter would say”ah it’s crap on here now “. You would scoff at them and I would agree with you. Well.....

the names kid, the names! let me know and we can limit Thumbs Up
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:13pm
Me for starters 😀

I don't think any poster.should be singled out but just make it a general rule.  It could be 5 or 10 per day on one thread. Stops relentless spamming .
AKA pedantic kunt
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:15pm
The name's Sid, kid.

Appears to have recently been made redundant/the subject of a trial separation/taken up full-time alcoholism.

Whatever, the guy's got way too much time on his hands, and I'm not sure why the rest of us have to suffer.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 08 Sep 2020 at 11:16pm
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:24pm
need 10 votes to get this through Thumbs Up
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:24pm

Me for starters 😀

It could be 5 or 10 per day on one thread.

Ridiculous idea, what if you're having a genuine debate about a topic?

God I remember that one time where a few lads proposed vote banning people like it was an online version of Big Brother. LOL

I know spam and pointless debates are tiresome and an eye sore to read but people don't half come up with stupid ideas to try and combat it!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:44pm
I can't imagine too many people being put out by being restricted to 10 posts on a single thread in one day. Thst doesn't stifle debate. 

Anyway just an idea.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:08am

I can't imagine too many people being put out by being restricted to 10 posts on a single thread in one day. Thst doesn't stifle debate. 

Anyway just an idea.  

Just so you know you've used up 4 of your credits on this thread.  You have 6 posts remaining. 
To top up please dial 1741 and enter the code 4orkU followed by your credit card number.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 6:51am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

The name's Sid, kid.

Appears to have recently been made redundant/the subject of a trial separation/taken up full-time alcoholism.

Whatever, the guy's got way too much time on his hands, and I'm not sure why the rest of us have to suffer.

I'm a pilot and was laid off because of the pandemic

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 7:50am
In the year 2035 if this forum is still going people will look back on posts from 2020 and will agree, yes that year really was mad as a box of frogs 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:35am
the lads who set up the site never post here anymore they are like drug dealers who don’t dabble in their own product anymore :)
AKA pedantic kunt
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 9:06am
You don't have to keep replying to them, or even read their posts

There's plenty of people on here I completely ignore these days

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:53am
Problem is that you log in and then see who the last posters were on a thread and decide same old same old I've better things to be doing
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Impossible to ignore though.

I took a 48 hour break because i couldnt bear to read more from green man or whatever his name is and his accomplice, avfc was it?

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Impossible to ignore though.

I took a 48 hour break because i couldnt bear to read more from green man or whatever his name is and his accomplice, avfc was it?

Isn't that why numerous long time posters have either stopped posting or rarely post at all?

Granted it might not be for everyone but the ignore button would be a great option for users to have. 

The amount of repetitive nonsense and unfunny "jokes/puns" that take over thread after thread means people are just logging in and logging back out straight away.

I get that its just a forum, not to be taken as life or death but all reasonable debate seems to be lost.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:17pm
yeah we have lost some great posters over the last while 

Freewheeler 
Deise316
Sligo Hornet

And some average posters 

Deisedevil
AidoM
Brianie

And some crap posters

The Scientist 
Greenforever 

AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:20pm
I dont know each and everyone of their circumstances but life moves on for many. 
Jobs, kids, enthusiasm waning etc.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:25pm
Eire 32, Philly, Tribalarmy etc and then you have lads like Guf, El Nino, Deco etc who rarely post.

I fully get people move on from posting on internet forums, I don't post too much myself lately but I've no doubt many are in the same boat due to the amount of waffle and endless spamming etc that its not worth the hassle.

The rest of the world section is a disgrace, never seen anything like it in my life. Lads talking to themselves day in day out Wacko

Edited by Green Devil - 09 Sep 2020 at 12:26pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic