Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Threads being ruined

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I can't say I go into that thread but seems a common theme.

What do people want done with it?

At this stage id say united thread needs a mod of its own.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:07pm
There can be good discussions in the Utd thread but when you have other people trying to act like TJ does in the ROI section, it gets tedious very fast.
TJ himself posts in the Utd thread but does anyone actually take them seriously? They're not malicious and are easily ignored but when you have multiple people trying to act like him it gets very annoying.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

There can be good discussions in the Utd thread but when you have other people trying to act like TJ does in the ROI section, it gets tedious very fast.
TJ himself posts in the Utd thread but does anyone actually take them seriously? They're not malicious and are easily ignored but when you have multiple people trying to act like him it gets very annoying.

I'm not involved in your little domestic over in Shelbyville Football Land threads so why you are dragging me into it I don't know.  As for me int he ROI section, what do I do there apart from say MON is clueless which has been proven time and again due to his tactical ineptitude and is the reason why you will be freezing your balls off somehwere in North East England this summer instead of having a sweaty ballsack in Moscow.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm not involved in your little domestic over in Shelbyville Football Land threads so why you are dragging me into it I don't know.  As for me int he ROI section, what do I do there apart from say MON is clueless which has been proven time and again due to his tactical ineptitude and is the reason why you will be freezing your balls off somehwere in North East England this summer instead of having a sweaty ballsack in Moscow.

So you don't go into the United thread and ask what bus they're parking today or call Mourinho the poison one or ask which attacking player played left back today etc etc etc?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:25pm

I wasn't actually having a go at you. I just think you're over-zealously negative in the ROI section and people try to copy that. 
You in the Utd thread, I can just laugh at it and move on but when everyone tries to be you, it's annoying.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

So you don't go into the United thread and ask what bus they're parking today or call Mourinho the poison one or ask which attacking player played left back today etc etc etc?

Yes I do periodically because Mourinho is a disease to football and needs to be called out for his sh*te negative football with a world class squad at his disposal.  Is it not allowed to sl*g him off?  And what has that got to do with you derailing threads with the others?  Have I been posting int he Man City thread or the threads in question?  The answer is no.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:30pm
This whole thing sparked off tonight as I said that Delph deserved to go and the only way that wouldn’t be a red is if it was done ON a city player

Like most things around here these days, people take things far too seriously, especially when I say them. It’s as if all humour on the forum has died. You only have to look at the reaction to my Barry Benell joke on Friday compared to that of Pre Madonna’s Bennell joke today.

Another comment by me over the weekend was that it was a very dull set of FA Cup games, well you’d have thought I’d just said that Hitler was right, by the reaction of some. How dare anyone give a football opinion on a football forum.

My point on the tackle on city players was tongue in cheek but can be backed up by at least half a dozen horror challenges this season a lot worse than that, which didn’t result in a red card.

Anyway, as soon as you have more than a 2 post discussion with someone on a ROW thread you also have a pack of aul women updating the “current forum rivalries” section as well

It’s almost as if people on here are going out of their way to find a drama and be offended when there’s f**k all to be offended about

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 19 Feb 2018 at 10:39pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I can't say I go into that thread but seems a common theme.

What do people want done with it?

I'd like to delete the entire section, but I don't think it would go down too well LOL

In the 36 minutes since you posted this it’s actually gone further down hill
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:34pm
Someone throw up an old popcorn gif there.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:35pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:47pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Yes I do periodically because Mourinho is a disease to football and needs to be called out for his sh*te negative football with a world class squad at his disposal.  Is it not allowed to sl*g him off?  And what has that got to do with you derailing threads with the others?  Have I been posting int he Man City thread or the threads in question?  The answer is no.

My "derailment" of threads has come from a Mod having an issue with me throwing up a few of these LOL

But it's ironic for you to say I derail threads when you consider the bitcoin one
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

This whole thing sparked off tonight as I said that Delph deserved to go and the only way that wouldn’t be a red is if it was done ON a city player

Like most things around here these days, people take things far too seriously, especially when I say them. It’s as if all humour on the forum has died. You only have to look at the reaction to my Barry Benell joke on Friday compared to that of Pre Madonna’s Bennel joke today.

My point on the tackle on city players was tongue in cheek but can be backed up by at least half a dozen horror challenges this season a lot worse than that, which didn’t result in a red card.

Anyway, as soon as you have more than a 2 post discussion with someone on a ROW thread you also have a pack of aul women updating the “current forum rivalries” section as wel

It’s almost as if people on here are going out of their way to find a drama and be offended when there’s f**k all to be offended about

Hold on a second here. Just want to make one thing clear, as one of the people who pulled you up on it, it wasn't because of your 'joke' , which wasn't actually a joke, it was you referencing people having a go at Man C/Pep in other threads and linking it to Bennell. 

It's a whole fcukin cycle of childishness & whataboutery, and it makes for extremely tedious reading. I don't think anyone was actually offended by what you said, if it was that bad, I would have deleted it, but my point, and it still stands, was that you made a comment on a serious subject in order to have a pop at unspecified ''rival'' fans. This utter childishness is what I pulled you on, not the comment, nor the 'joke' which didn't exist in the first place anyway. 

You have since chosen to go with the ''ah everyone is so easily offended these days'' explanation, when nobody is actually offended, they are probably just tired of reading drivel. Like Vidic, I will start deleting rubbish.  Stick to football, not fcukin whataboutery, and you won't go too far wrong. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Like most things around here these days, people take things far too seriously, especially when I say them. It’s as if all humour on the forum has died. You only have to look at the reaction to my Barry Benell joke on Friday compared to that of Pre Madonna’s Bennel joke today.

Anyway, as soon as you have more than a 2 post discussion with someone on a ROW thread you also have a pack of aul women updating the “current forum rivalries” section as wel

Hold on a second here. Just want to make one thing clear, as one of the people who pulled you up on it, it wasn't because of your 'joke' , which wasn't actually a joke, it was you referencing people having a go at Man C/Pep in other threads and linking it to Bennell. 

It's a whole fcukin cycle of childishness & whataboutery, and it makes for extremely tedious reading. I don't think anyone was actually offended by what you said, if it was that bad, I would have deleted it, but my point, and it still stands, was that you made a comment on a serious subject in order to have a pop at unspecified ''rival'' fans. This utter childishness is what I pulled you on, not the comment, nor the 'joke' which didn't exist in the first place anyway. 

You have since chosen to go with the ''ah everyone is so easily offended these days'' explanation, when nobody is actually offended, they are probably just tired of reading drivel. Like Vidic, I will start deleting rubbish.  Stick to football, not fcukin whataboutery, and you won't go too far wrong. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:10pm
YBIG right now

Image result for simpsons fight

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:29pm
The fighting does get boring.
In regarding the puns - Does anyone actually get offended by the Connor Sammon thread? I mean like he's not getting any International recognition anytime soon, it's harmless fun. But I understand it if every thread turned into that. 

Imo the Sammon thread should stay as the pun thread, it's not interfering with anything, it's a bit of fun and let it be that thread only
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:31pm
Just ban them all, simple

Same thing happened in the LOI section and it was let go on, it's pretty dead now because of it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:37pm

In regarding the puns - Does anyone actually get offended by the Connor Sammon thread? I mean like he's not getting any International recognition anytime soon, it's harmless fun. But I understand it if every thread turned into that. 

Imo the Sammon thread should stay as the pun thread, it's not interfering with anything, it's a bit of fun and let it be that thread only

No-one gets offended, but ffs we've read every single Connor Sammon pun a million times over now.

The vast majority of people don't find them funny in the slightest, I think that's the problem. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

No-one gets offended, but ffs we've read every single Connor Sammon pun a million times over now.

The vast majority of people don't find them funny in the slightest, I think that's the problem. 

Maybe's I'm just easily amused but I find them hilarious LOL

Nothing better at work than taking a break and finding new posts in the Connor Sammon thread Clap
I do have a really boring job so it might explain why! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic