Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

@Hetfield: OK, how about you managed more highs (and lows) in the campaign, while we were more consistent, meaningless friendly at the end apart? ;)

You introduce your posts as 'fair' and 'honest' but really you're just pointing out the obvious over and again. Moldova were bad and San Marino worse. You only needed to beat the Moldovans (1-0 would have done), and you did. 

@TonyNJ: yes, I've long thought OWC was too restrictive, even secretive. BTW the TAMB is about to close basically because its owners will no longer pay for a free service. OWC, on the other hand, charges a very reasonable annual sub of £5. 

@Muff: as I mentioned last time we discussed it, a large part of your schtick on here is that the NI team shouldn't exist. Were you really able to avoid mentioning that after joining OWC? Obviously a straight red card on that site. Oh and less of the "Even Floreat", as if I was some sort of extremist...

I think TAMB is actually staying open under new ownership AFAIK.

OWC loses out as well as you could have posters from your group's rival teams (Norway/Czech Rep)that would join if it was an open group. It's unlikely they'd pay the 5 quid fee. If posters go on trolling they can just be banned anyway.

Floreat I can honestly say I'm a straight shooter on here and would never say that on the N.I. fans own forum. I find wumming in general to be pointless and boring.

'Even Floreat' wasn't painting you as an extremist but as an example of an N.I. fan on here who acknowledged OWC can be a bit ott with their restrictive access.

What got me kicked off was a post where one of the OWC posters said how Wilson should be playing for his country and I made a reasonable counter that he probably sees it as playing for his country. That was it.

For all our faults as ybigots (as you've called us numerous times on here) you wouldn't get booted off this site for stating that you think N.I. is your country/team.
Trying to look at it from an objective point if view, I think OWC suffers more from being a closed forum. I can understand why they'd have it restricted in some ways but you can just ban the obvious trolls anyway.

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Oct 2017 at 11:24am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:54am
OWC is just a reflection of unionist society. They're very wary of outsiders. Years ago before you had to pay £5 to create an account I joined OWC and I was banned before I even made one post. I can only assume I was banned because they saw my IP address or noticed the '.ie' in my e-mail address. Laughable stuff.

Another thing I noticed strolling around Belfast is that it's not very multicultural. In Dublin you'd see loads of Africans going about their business along with middle eastern people. In Belfast there seemed to be none of that. OWC forum are petrified of outsiders. I don't really blame them as they know no different. It's how they're brought up.

Edited by ABFC - 15 Oct 2017 at 11:55am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:31pm
@Floreat. The only thing that I have introduced as 'fair' and honest is the gap between San Marino and Moldova, and you have even admitted that through you view that I am only stating the obvious. The rest I'll happily debate. Even though I will agree that NI have more consistency,and we have hit some amazing highs, while also losing in Scotland, drawing in Georgia and the 0-3 against the Belgians..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

OWC is just a reflection of unionist society. They're very wary of outsiders. Years ago before you had to pay £5 to create an account I joined OWC and I was banned before I even made one post. I can only assume I was banned because they saw my IP address or noticed the '.ie' in my e-mail address. Laughable stuff.

Another thing I noticed strolling around Belfast is that it's not very multicultural. In Dublin you'd see loads of Africans going about their business along with middle eastern people. In Belfast there seemed to be none of that. OWC forum are petrified of outsiders. I don't really blame them as they know no different. It's how they're brought up.

What Unionism really want is that Ulster becomes a true white Protestant state, where Catholics move south and foreigners go back to where they came from. The OO playing the famine is over why don't you go home, is a clear reference to this.

They've had complete power in NI for so long with gerrymandering and the like until the civil rights movement happened and it all started to change, albeit very very slowly.

Every concession given to others who are not Unionists is seen as an attack on Unionism, 'themuns are attacking 'are kulture''.

Edited by horsebox - 15 Oct 2017 at 1:00pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 2:14pm
@Ersatz: good news on TAMB

@Muff: while I've made clear my attitude to OWC's restrictions and secrecy, a few points need correcting

a) all users must register to read as well as write, but the £5 fee isn't compulsory

b) those who register without paying have only partial access (ie to not all areas of site)

c) there's a handful of fans of other countries in the non-paying category. Let's be honest, ybig has a few handfuls. It's not that different

Your 'straight shooter' point would only ring true if (ironically) ybig was as closed as OWC. Your bias is obvious because anyone can read it. I'm suggesting not that you would wind up OWC readers but simply that you'd show your real POV soon enough. Your ban wouldn't be long delayed, in other words ;)

Thanks to ybig for not kicking me off, but generally lack of bans/ close moderation isn't an unqualified good. First, it encourages bantz to lapse into gibberish, abuse and the like; and second, runs the risk of libel. Terri or I aren't likely to sue, but John Delaney might...

Anyway, Come On You Boys In Green  On Tour So,  and good luck in the Play-offs.

@ABFC: Belfast is more multicultural than it has ever been. It has much more diversity both of residents and visitors. The 33 cafes on Botanic Avenue will serve you crap fast food from every corner of the Globe. If you must go all pseudo-sociological on us at least research your travelog first.

@Horsey: last time Unionist politicians had unlimited power was nearly 50 years ago when Darndale was still a twinkle in Granda Horsebox's eye. Do better.

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 15 Oct 2017 at 2:38pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 2:52pm

@Ersatz: good news on TAMB

@Muff: while I've made clear my attitude to OWC's restrictions and secrecy, a few points need correcting

a) all users must register to read as well as write, but the £5 fee isn't compulsory

b) those who register without paying have only partial access (ie to not all areas of site)

c) there's a handful of fans of other countries in the non-paying category. Let's be honest, ybig has a few handfuls. It's not that different

Your 'straight shooter' point would only ring true if (ironically) ybig was as closed as OWC. Your bias is obvious because anyone can read it. I'm suggesting not that you would wind up OWC readers but simply that you'd show your real POV soon enough. Your ban wouldn't be long delayed, in other words ;)

Thanks to ybig for not kicking me off, but generally lack of bans/ close moderation isn't an unqualified good. First, it encourages bantz to lapse into gibberish, abuse and the like; and second, runs the risk of libel. Terri or I aren't likely to sue, but John Delaney might...

Anyway, Come On You Boys In Green  On Tour So,  and good luck in the Play-offs.

@ABFC: Belfast is more multicultural than it has ever been. It has much more diversity both of residents and visitors. The 33 cafes on Botanic Avenue will serve you crap fast food from every corner of the Globe. If you must go all pseudo-sociological on us at least research your travelog first.

@Horsey: last time Unionist politicians had unlimited power was nearly 50 years ago when Darndale was still a twinkle in Granda Horsebox's eye. Do better.

I'm a straight shooter in that I'm honest on what I think about the N.I. football team and call it as I see it whether you like it or not. I'm not doing it to troll or wum.

Of course I'm biased but it doesn't mean it's not honest just as our passive aggressive duo Territorial and GAWA are as are you towards your own team. My POV might be biased but it's clearly honest.

I also don't allow my own antipathy towards the N.I. team mask my judgment on how they've performed and have consistently given praise when its clearly deserved. This has made me something of a reverse Robert Lundy on here by doing that

Just like TAMB and Apostle Welsh, I haven't been kicked off their forums so I would know not to post certain things on OWC if I was still on it so I may not have been banned inevitably.

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Oct 2017 at 2:54pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:01am
Simple solution. A united ireland team and fans forum. I'm suggesting 'Our Wee Boys In Green' COOWBIG
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:07am
Zizu: Football Association Irish Republic (featuring Unionists exceptionally)? FAIRFUX

Muff: there's a more basic reason why you wouldn't be kicked off Apostle or TAMB: you don't riff incessantly that their teams should be abolished...
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What Unionism really want is that Ulster becomes a true white Protestant state, where Catholics move south and foreigners go back to where they came from. The OO playing the famine is over why don't you go home, is a clear reference to this.

They've had complete power in NI for so long with gerrymandering and the like until the civil rights movement happened and it all started to change, albeit very very slowly.

Every concession given to others who are not Unionists is seen as an attack on Unionism, 'themuns are attacking 'are kulture''.
They don't publish the figures, but the OO is thought to have around 30k members in NI (and falling). That equates to around 3% of the Unionist population. And I'd guess that give-or-take, that level of membership/support is similar to that of the Dissidents amongst the Nationalist population.

Meanwhile, a clear majority of Unionists voted for the GFA in 1998, signalling an unmistakeable intent to leave the old days of gerrymandering etc behind, and join with their fellow 'Yes' voters and Nationalist neighbours in NI in entering the 21st Century.

It would be nice if you and a few other posters on this forum were to join us, but if you insist on remaining in the last century with your endless dragging up of the past etc, I guess that's your prerogative.

The irony is that you'll have the OO for company in your 1960's world, you make a well-matched pairing.

P.S. I'm sorry to all other posters for responding to this clown, thereby deflecting from the real topic at hand i.e. our football team and related matters. But I think it's still worth pointing out that just about every time he and one or two others post on this thread, they inevitably descend into the usual old historic sh*te, as typified by this latest diatribe (above). Hey ho.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:19pm

Zizu: Football Association Irish Republic (featuring Unionists exceptionally)? FAIRFUX

Muff: there's a more basic reason why you wouldn't be kicked off Apostle or TAMB: you don't riff incessantly that their teams should be abolished...

And I didn't do that on OWC either. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

They don't publish the figures, but the OO is thought to have around 30k members in NI (and falling). That equates to around 3% of the Unionist population. And I'd guess that give-or-take, that level of membership/support is similar to that of the Dissidents amongst the Nationalist population.

Meanwhile, a clear majority of Unionists voted for the GFA in 1998, signalling an unmistakeable intent to leave the old days of gerrymandering etc behind, and join with their fellow 'Yes' voters and Nationalist neighbours in NI in entering the 21st Century.

It would be nice if you and a few other posters on this forum were to join us, but if you insist on remaining in the last century with your endless dragging up of the past etc, I guess that's your prerogative.

The irony is that you'll have the OO for company in your 1960's world, you make a well-matched pairing.

P.S. I'm sorry to all other posters for responding to this clown, thereby deflecting from the real topic at hand i.e. our football team and related matters. But I think it's still worth pointing out that just about every time he and one or two others post on this thread, they inevitably descend into the usual old historic sh*te, as typified by this latest diatribe (above). Hey ho.

There may well be only 30k as actual members but support for the OO and the 12th could be 300k and higher.

I'd doubt there is 3k dissidents let lone 30k and that 3k is being very generous.

I only gave my opinion as to why OWC do not let the general public view their forum. They must have something to hide?

And given that I and many others were quickly banned over engaging in discussion says a lot about the mindset of these members.

You talk about Unionism moving forward, the heavily Unionist BelTel is dragging up the past EVERY single day.

And apparently any person who doesn't support the NI team or is critical of it is a cartoon shinner.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:50pm
@Horsey. You're a Cartoon Shinner because your posts on here are largely ill-informed nonsense about NI society and politics generally. Although I accept that you admit your prejudice on that rather than hide behind waffle about the NI team and their easy qualifying groups, as others do.

You followed up a claim that NI's mainstream media don't feature and credit all Ireland teams etc. with this on the Belfast Telegraph. I'm not the Tele's biggest fan but you'd have to have been asleep for decades to think it heavily Unionist. In recent years it has been owned from Dublin; it seeks a widespread readership while often lifting material unedited from Southern media. Heavily Unionist papers don't tend to have detailed coverage of the GAA  
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
You could argue that Dublin is more pro British than Belast, you'd only have to look at what the Indo print every single day\week with Philip Ryan, Eilish O'Halon, Eoghan Harris and RDE.

The political alignment of the BelTel is British Unionism.

The majority of my posts about the NI team have been mainly positive.

You just can't accept any criticism at all towards anything related to NI at all.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:45pm
@Horsey: you can argue whatever you fancy, but you need to have at least a tenuous grip on reality.

The Indo has a few 'West Brit'/anti-SF columnists. That wouldn't make it more British than the Belfast media even if the latter were much less Unionist than I'm suggesting. Let alone MORE Unionist, as you claim.

The BelTel's alignment is closer to Alliance than the Unionist parties.

I acknowledged that you didn't try to hide your bias behind the 'easy groups' stuff.

But it's a bias and a pretty silly one nonetheless. I criticise NI politics/ society, OWC, IFA etc. regularly on here, including on the last couple of pages of this thread. Even a skim reader (let alone one with 25,000 posts) couldn't have failed to notice this. So why make up nonsense?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:49pm
What nonsense am I making up?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm

The political alignment of the BelTel is British Unionism.
If you believe that ("heavily Unionist" was your previous phrase), then it shows just how out-of-touch with the 21st century you really are!

(For reasons of rapidly-falling circulation, they try to ride both horses at once, btw, and leave "Unionism" to the Newsletter. Which you'd know if you ever read either.)

The majority of my posts about the NI team have been mainly positive.
Yep, a line or two before reverting to your usual rant about the OO/Unionist domination/illegally occupied 6 county statelet/Brits Out and the rest. Tiresome, repetitive and invariably irrelevant to the NI football team.

You just can't accept any criticism at all towards anything related to NI at all.
Why don't you put your NI-related criticisms in an appropriate section, like here for instance:
http://forum.ybig.ie/things-that-annoy-the-fook-out-of-you_topic26054.html

Or even here:
http://forum.ybig.ie/uk-politics-thread_topic51149.html

Either way, it would make it a whole lot easier for those of us who try to live our lives in the present to ignore those like you who are stuck in the past, whilst at the same time keeping this thread to football-related matters, whether critical or otherwise.

Edited by Territorial - 16 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:34pm
I made one comment on why I thought OWC was not open to the public, which is the in-tolerate nature of Unionists.

The rest of my comments were supportive to NI and how well they've done in recent years.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:38pm
Regarding playoff matters I think both N.I. and Ireland will be similarly viewed by our potential opponents given how we both set up/ technical ability/style of play etc etc  

Obviously Italy are the ones to avoid followed by Croatia.

@N.I. posters

Out of Switzerland and Denmark who would ye take first lads? 

I don't think visiting teams would fancy taking N.I. on in their stadium as opposed to us at the Aviva. Ours is bigger and simply not intimidating for visiting sides. The smaller stadium probably works to N.I.'s advantage. 

If N.I. are to go through (assuming you avoid Italy), like ourselves, they'll need to score in the away game. 

I assume you'd want to play away first? 

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 369>
  Share Topic