You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Things you don't like about football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:17pm
Patronising commentators referring to 'this football club' or 'this football match'. We know it's fookin football. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The money has completely destroyed football. My interest in the EPL is at an all time low.

Same as. Watch very little nowadays. Haven't even watched a full Saints match yet this season. Keep an eye on what's going on because of FF and a Premier Picks thing we do but really couldn't be arsed. Haven't lost my interest with international or Irish domestic football. Prob pay more attention to lower league English football too. My interest levels flucuate depending what is going on in my life though
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Was there not a rule proposed that if a penalty was given for a non violent offence, such as a handball, it would be a yellow card rather than a sending off?
Does that include stopping the ball crossing the line with your arm for a certain goal? Genuine question, maybe i should have listened a bit more but i can't stand sky when they start analyzing something that was pretty obvious looking to me anyway.
Using your hand to stop a certain goal is still a red. 

Was it not one of the ones that was to be reviewed to be a yellow as the penalty and a red would be considered double punishment
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 6:02pm

Was there not a rule proposed that if a penalty was given for a non violent offence, such as a handball, it would be a yellow card rather than a sending off?
Does that include stopping the ball crossing the line with your arm for a certain goal? Genuine question, maybe i should have listened a bit more but i can't stand sky when they start analyzing something that was pretty obvious looking to me anyway.

Was it not one of the ones that was to be reviewed to be a yellow as the penalty and a red would be considered double punishment
That was for unintentional fouls.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

That was for unintentional fouls.

Unintentional handballs should be the same! Harsh on James but the rules are the rules so the ref was correct.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 6:43pm
The rules should be updated, he never should have got a red card for that.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 7:16pm
The game seems to be going towards a few super clubs, owned by states or oligarchs, dominating the game. Only those clubs seem to be able to sign the best, look at Haaland for instance, it was a shock he went to Dortmund, themselves a massive club, yet that will just end up being a finishing shop for him before a move elsewhere. On the flip side, Messi move ass inevitable and depressing. 

It's brutal.

At the same time, our own league is doing well it seems, hopefully more people see that 'top level' football is toxic and come to their local loo ground. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:57am
Arsenal FanTV and the exposure it gets. Complete and utter embarrassment and the individuals involved are gobsh*tes.

Names on the back of jersey that aren't the players surname. Bruno can f*ck off, and the same with Dele and Alexis. 

XG.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Fans calling sides us you or them like there players themselves.

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Fans calling football players by there nicknames.

Fans using 'We': Why do you have to be a player to say 'We'? Would you talk like that when talking about Ireland?

Fans using nickanmes: I think some players are more so known by their nickname. I don't see an issue with that. Calling a player by another part of their name that they are not universally known as, I wouldn't say is annoying but just very strange.  Examples: 

Roy Keane = Known as Keano or Roy Keane. Keane is ok but can be confused with Robbie. Calling him simply Roy is a little strange but also acceptable due to the Robbie Keane similarity.  

Robbier Keane = Known as Robbie or Robbie Keane. Keane is ok but can be confused with Roy. Calling him anything else like Robert is very strange.

Paul Gascoigne = Known as Gazza. Calling him by his full name of Paul Gascoigne or simply Gascoigne are a little strange. Calling him Paul is super strange. 

Wayne Rooney = Known as Rooney or Wayne Rooney. Calling him Wayne is strange. Calling him Wazza if you are not a Utd or England teammate is not only strange but sad

Edited by t_rAndy - 31 Aug 2021 at 10:18am
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:44am
We pretty much call all Brazilian and a lot of S.American footballers by their nicknames.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

We pretty much call all Brazilian and a lot of S.American footballers by their nicknames.

Indeed. Sure next time he wants to talk about Pele for example irelandfan should really be saying Edson Arantes do Nascimento instead if the nickname thing bothers him that much  LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 31 Aug 2021 at 10:50am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 4:59pm
How covid-19 has been used by Old Firm fans to score petty points against each other.
SteoC View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:11pm
The immaturity of the average football fan who can only speak about the game through the emotional attachment they made to whichever team they decided to support as kid. Makes grown men sound like fourteen year olds. A Man U fan not being able to talk objectively about Liverpool for instance or vice versa. I noticed a couple silly posters trying to talk down Ronaldo signing for Man U in another thread for example. That's just ridiculous. 

Immature football fans is my biggest annoyance ahead of:

VAR. What a cock up for the sport. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:13pm
Good players leaving clubs on loan with an option to buy

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 5:38am
Undisclosed transfer fees.

"We go again" is the worst phrase in football.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 11:07am

Players writing their soppy farewell messages to the fans of the team they are leaving. I'll make exceptions for club legends. 
El Puto Amo
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The money has completely destroyed football. My interest in the EPL is at an all time low.
Yep. 

Yerp. Also with the number of games on TV I’m really not that bothered. 
How many games would you actually watch with your full attention?
Unless it’s champions league quarter finals or Ireland playing I spend most of the time with the football on the box but playing around on my phone. 

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 3:40pm
Fans with signs at games asking for players jerseys. Becoming the norm to see it most games now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic