You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 976977978
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Italian students on public transport...THERE'S NO NEED TO f**kING SHOUT
Spanish very rude. Swarm shops, block footpaths etc. Absolutely no manners whatsoever.

Without sounding xenophobic or racist it appears to be most foreign language students.

They all appear thick
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 12:45pm
Xavi Alonso was one of those annoying Spanish students in EIRE in the 90s.

To be fair we aren't shrinking violets ourselves.  EURO 2012/2016 were absolute CORNAGE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Thought they were going to be bringing new legislation in targeting unaccompanied L drivers after what happened here.

I thought wrong.

Insane amount of unaccompanied L plate drivers I'm seeing on the roads these days, a good proportion of which are demonstrably an accident waiting to happen.

Good to see that targeting initiatives to crack down on growing road deaths is just complete lip service as usual.

Just harass people whose tax is out by one day and stick a few speed traps on the side of the road in strategic places where the speed limit changes and carry on business as usual while commutes keep on increasing everywhere and lives continue to be put in the hands of people who have no legal right to be driving their cars.

I've never liked the unaccompanied rule. Penalises those who (like myself) didn't learn to drive until my 30s. All well and good for those in the sticks who learn at a young age with family to go about your daily life, but public policy should be encouraging more people not to become car dependent by using public transport and this is problematic for those who have already moved out of their parents' home.

My solution would be that a qualified instructor can sign you off to be unaccompanied after you've completed the EDT but while waiting to pass a test.

Agreed. I didn't get the licence till I was 30 myself. You learn far more when you are driving yourself. When you get a certain amount of lessons you should be allowed on your own

should you fuk you should pass a test before you are allowed behind the wheel on your own though knew lads who took the test the day after their 17th birthday which is a piss take the other way 

I was driving accompanied for about a year before i took the test 

The waiting list is over a year in places here.

The accompanying person has ZERO control over the vehicle. It makes no sense whatsoever. I have already suggested a reasonable alternative.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 7:24pm
The woman doing the voice over in the toothpaste ad. "Bacteriar".
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2024 at 10:39am
Finished The Dirty War by Martin Dillon and finally brought myself to read the introduction by Conor Cruise O'Brien. Feel like I need a shower now. 🤮

The Lord Haw-Haw of The Troubles.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 1:04pm
Verisure ads on sky during the break.   Fake Oirish accents on all the sh*tty actors they get.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 1:28pm

Finished The Dirty War by Martin Dillon and finally brought myself to read the introduction by Conor Cruise O'Brien. Feel like I need a shower now. 🤮

Have you read killing rage by Eamon Collins? Can't get it anywhere, its supposed to be a good read and ultimately what lead to his death. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Verisure ads on sky during the break.   Fake Oirish accents on all the sh*tty actors they get.

Unless they're deliberately trying to be cheesy/cringey, I can't believe someone signed off on the finished product. It's probably a marketing ploy. 

Maybe the Irish one are replaced with voiceovers. English actors.

The golf one is my personal favourite. LOL

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Have you read killing rage by Eamon Collins? Can't get it anywhere, its supposed to be a good read and ultimately what lead to his death. 
No but I've seen it recommended many times. Martin O'Hagan was writing a book about The Jackal before he died. Would've loved to have read that wan. Cry
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 2:08pm
“Killing Rage” is the best book I have read about the “Troubles.” It was published by Granta. I knew Collins, he was a bit of a clown to put it mildly, Mick McGovern is thought to have written a lot of it for him. A former supergrass who retracted his evidence against a lot of Provos, some of them very senior such as Sean Hughes in South Armagh, and got off a life sentence on appeal, Collins was loathed by his former comrades but had secured an amnesty by retracting his evidence. Had he not won his appeal against all expectations, due to the behaviour of the RUC, he would have served life. What got him killed was colluding with the Sunday Times, providing evidence against South Armagh leader and Army Council member Tom “Slab” Murphy for the paper which led to him losing a libel case against them. You should be able to get a copy of the book via a library if not the internet. Absolutely worth the read.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 3:19pm
On the go yesterday and in a food market I just wanted something small so went to KFC and asked for 1 piece of chicken and a gravy. Got back to table and realised they gave me a fecking drumstick as the piece of chicken. Scabby f**kers, you would think they'd give you a bigger piece like a thigh or breast since you aew just getting the one. 

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

“Killing Rage” is the best book I have read about the “Troubles.” It was published by Granta. I knew Collins, he was a bit of a clown to put it mildly, Mick McGovern is thought to have written a lot of it for him. A former supergrass who retracted his evidence against a lot of Provos, some of them very senior such as Sean Hughes in South Armagh, and got off a life sentence on appeal, Collins was loathed by his former comrades but had secured an amnesty by retracting his evidence. Had he not won his appeal against all expectations, due to the behaviour of the RUC, he would have served life. What got him killed was colluding with the Sunday Times, providing evidence against South Armagh leader and Army Council member Tom “Slab” Murphy for the paper which led to him losing a libel case against them. You should be able to get a copy of the book via a library if not the internet. Absolutely worth the read.
Ever drink in the Bunch of Grapes pub in Belfast?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 4:03pm
No. It was a notorious loyalist den which has gone under other names ( eg Castle Inn, The Ibrox, etc ). At least two leading UDA thugs have been murdered there in internal feuds ( Jim Craig and Geordie Legge ). Shut down as a pub years ago.

Edited by Green Cockade - 02 Mar 2024 at 4:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 976977978
  Share Topic