You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 927928929930931 988>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 11:40pm
In fairness Fontaines have plenty of identity and individuality. And they are massively popular 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:16am
I had a look at the track list on the back of 1 of those 'Now That's What I Call Music' cd's last year and didn't recognise a single one. So yeah, I must be getting old. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:52am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

In fairness Fontaines have plenty of identity and individuality. And they are massively popular 
Had a look at them there. They're even more smackable looking than The Thrills.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 7:10am
"Round of 16"
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:31am

I never even heard of them until yesterday. Hardly household names.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:35am
Everyone's music taste stops at age 27. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:43am
Nephew is 10, every time i'm with him and we have youtube on the TV all he wants Queen, ACDC and Elvis on. He will probably grow out of that and start to listen to whatever is big nowadays in a few years but as was said before i'm not sure whats big these days.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 10:48am
For something so obviously subjective its always baffled me how many people rate music based on popularity.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 10:51am
There's plenty of decent new music out there. NPR's "All Songs Considered" Podcast is brilliant for showcasing new music of all sorts of genres. I do agree that it takes a lot more effort to hear it now than 20 years ago but that works both ways. 

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I never even heard of them until yesterday. Hardly household names.

That's because they aren't Pop music and irish radio stations will only play what the record companies pay them to play. They are one of our biggest rock bands out there and very popular around the world. 

Chips don't bounce
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Everyone's music taste stops at age 27. 

Definitely not true in my case but yeah I think a lot of people stop having an interest in listening to anything new, whether that's new to them or newly recorded.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The last 20 yrs has seen a musical desert imo.  And especially since 2010.

There's no such thing as the charts.  I dont count that download chart crap.  There's no Top of the Pops.  There's no music superstars apart from the manufactured bland stuff like Harry Styles or Ed Sheeran.
Where is the Michael Jackson or Prince of the last 20 years?  Where are all the bands who had real identity?

To be a pop star these days you need to have the tats man.  A sleeve.  Followed by a politically correct image that offends nobody.  They don't seem to have any identity or stand for anything.  They all seem so clean cut. Then create a few bland tunes and look good and you can be popular.

Was in the pub Sat night and the absolute dross that these kids think is cool is astonishing. The people born 1995 or after have been fed utter sh*te that that's all they know and think its good. 

I literally couldn't name 5 well known bands formed since 2000. 

So you've never heard of:

The Killers
Arctic Monkeys
Royal Blood
Foals
Arcade Fire
Kings of Leon

There are plenty of others but those are the well known ones that came to me immediately. I was talking with someone about this recently and he held the same view as you. When talking to him though it turned out he was basically expecting decent new bands to fall into his lap. His only source of music were the usual music stations. If you're open to listening to new music there is lots of good stuff out there. You just need to do a bit of research.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:21pm
You're talking to a fella where the world ended in 1999. Al he cares about are goals posts and the way a grass pitch is cut. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

You're talking to a fella where the world ended in 1999. Al he cares about are goals posts and the way a grass pitch is cut. 
This. 
Every week there’s a post about something being better 20 years ago LOL Lads wasting their time here 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:37pm
Aggressive knocking on the door at a family member's house yesterday evening during the football. I was in the kitchen making tea so I answered it. Two traveller children holding a bucket for money started singing jingle bells (dismally) while their father? stood a distance away, just off the driveway, with his head to the side. 

This is in an estate in a rural enough village.

Anyone else get this sh*te? It took me about 5 seconds to put it together that aside from the stupid sh*te they're ostensibly at, they're also scouting for houses that look empty or have single/vulnerable/elderly occupants.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:02pm
World Cup rest days
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:54pm
Some coont nicked the wreath off me door LOL🖕
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:58pm
Was so disappointed when I looked at the clock at 14:55 and had the quick thought of "oh time to turn the telly on to have match in background" quickly followed by "Ah f**k, no games today " 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 927928929930931 988>
  Share Topic