You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 809810811812813 987>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Of course they are walking for exercise? What difference would that make? Are they immune then?LOL

By the way, I meant to say above that many people can and do run with masks. I did the couple of afternoons when I went into the park and I am as fit as Homer Simpson.

Why do you have an issue with runners on the pavement and not walkers? I tried running with a mask once and it was extremely uncomfortable, I wouldn’t be recommending it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

People taking up the whole footpath when you're out for a run. Went for a run last night and three people were walking side by side. Causes you to run out on the road to avoid them.

Are people even supposed to be running during this? I thought that was a no-no.

Being an island nation, you'd think there's plenty of beaches where you could go running without getting in people's [usually middle-aged or older] way, breathing all over them, and expecting them to go on to a road. Plenty of scenic areas, lakes etc also.

But my personal belief is that if most people had a choice between running somewhere where nobody would see them and running somewhere where they'll get an audience, they'll choose the latter option every time.

It’s definitely the former. You’d rather not have to break your stride to go around people / stop at lights etc

In my running club the ladies have a blog about this as they want to run in places with no/ very few people...

Apparently when they run they get wolf whistles, nice tits, lovey arse etc thrown at them. 

I've never understood why it's not possible to wear a shirt or jumper or jacket that obscures it or tie a jumper around it.

This isn't a man vs. woman thing either. Men who wear skinny jeans or painted on jeans would probably be disappointed if women weren't looking at their arse as well.
Yeah it’s woman wearing running trousers fault Confused
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Of course they are walking for exercise? What difference would that make? Are they immune then?LOL

By the way, I meant to say above that many people can and do run with masks. I did the couple of afternoons when I went into the park and I am as fit as Homer Simpson.

Why do you have an issue with runners on the pavement and not walkers? I tried running with a mask once and it was extremely uncomfortable, I wouldn’t be recommending it.
Walkers don't tend to be spreading moisture and germs everywhere, unless they are at Rob Heffernan levels.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

People taking up the whole footpath when you're out for a run. Went for a run last night and three people were walking side by side. Causes you to run out on the road to avoid them.

Being an island nation, you'd think there's plenty of beaches where you could go running without getting in people's [usually middle-aged or older] way, breathing all over them, and expecting them to go on to a road. Plenty of scenic areas, lakes etc also.

But my personal belief is that if most people had a choice between running somewhere where nobody would see them and running somewhere where they'll get an audience, they'll choose the latter option every time.

It’s definitely the former. You’d rather not have to break your stride to go around people / stop at lights etc

In my running club the ladies have a blog about this as they want to run in places with no/ very few people...

Apparently when they run they get wolf whistles, nice tits, lovey arse etc thrown at them. 

I've never understood why it's not possible to wear a shirt or jumper or jacket that obscures it or tie a jumper around it.

This isn't a man vs. woman thing either. Men who wear skinny jeans or painted on jeans would probably be disappointed if women weren't looking at their arse as well.
It's mainly men here. Women tend to be more considerate in these matters. That's a broad generalisation though.

Edit: thought this was aimed at my Lycra commented! I had not seen the Scientist Jnr.'s comment.

Edited by pre Madonna - 19 Feb 2021 at 2:56pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Didn't I say it's not a man vs. woman thing? Men and women like looking good. It's how long since the hair salons and barbers have been closed? I've seen literally two middle-aged women with their grey roots exposed. Every lad I know who had skin fades pre-pandemic still has a skin fade. They're hardly doing it themselves.

I wore skinny jeans when I was in my early twenties and I liked the idea of women liking the way I looked. I can't get away with it now since I hit 30. I'd imagine it's the same for women who wear painted on clothes. Maybe it's not.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:56pm
If i saw 3 people on a path on i was running towards them i would just run straight into them, they wouldn't be long about getting out of other peoples way. Selfish c*nts!
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

If i saw 3 people on a path on i was running towards them i would just run straight into them, they wouldn't be long about getting out of other peoples way. Selfish c*nts!
I took a fella out of it lovely for trying that a couple of years ago.LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:04pm
The main issue with people out at the minute is when they stop to have a chat and stand perpendicular to the path making anyone passing walk between them rather than standing parallel to the path against the wall and leaving space.

people need to keep their dogs on short leads too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:04pm

I wasn't far off throttling a middle-aged man and his son jogging who grunted at myself and my mother when they ran from behind us when we were walking down a narrow path on a hiking [key word here] trail on rocky terrain.

I've been badly done in an assault from behind before. And I know a girl in Galway whose brother got off a whole lot worse than me.

Unwanted physical contact, especially from behind, is a big no-no for me!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

The main issue with people out at the minute is when they stop to have a chat and stand perpendicular to the path making anyone passing walk between them rather than standing parallel to the path against the wall and leaving space.

people need to keep their dogs on short leads too.

Yeah. I've noticed that as well. They expect you to walk into oncoming traffic rather than step aside for a moment.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:49pm
I wouldn't do it running behind people its the c*nts that can you see a few hundred meters away coming towards you plus if your running with the traffic you don't know whats on your right with bikes and cars whizzing by but they still don't move out of your way. People saying why not run in parks or on beaches what if you don't live near either?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:55pm
On the Greenway in Waterford, walkers stick to the left and cyclists are meant to pass us out. Honestly the amount of times they would nearly go through you or expect you to get out their way. Not a hope I would. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:00pm

I wouldn't do it running behind people its the c*nts that can you see a few hundred meters away coming towards you plus if your running with the traffic you don't know whats on your right with bikes and cars whizzing by but they still don't move out of your way. People saying why not run in parks or on beaches what if you don't live near either?
There can't be that many places, if any? Maybe a couple of inner-city areas in Dublin and in that case all you can ask is they wear a mask.
I don't mind moving for people, and usually do,  but it isn't mandatory and if they expect it and try and charge through, like you suggested above, I most certainly won't. When I was in my Bill Foster from Falling Down stage a few years ago I ended up in a few scrapes with cyclists and runners for that very thing. People put on Lycra and think that they own the road/footpath/pavement or park. The ultimate in self-entitlement and bad manners.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:02pm
I’ve ran regularly since covid last March and meeting other pedestrians is an issue definitely
It’s worse in parks I find than running on the streets, as the paths seem to be narrower than pavements. Definitely tend to stick to areas with wider pathways/pavements for this reason 

Around a year ago before covid was a real concern here I went for a run one Monday night, on this stretch of road near my house the pavement is quite narrow and there are cars parked on both aides of the road up on the footpaths 
I was running along and a woman opened the passenger side door of her jeep to get out and knocked me head over sh*te into a wall 
I returned home with my tail between my legs
Could have been a lot nastier than a few scrapes to my leg 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:03pm
Heart Did ya get her number at all?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:10pm
Her husband was in the drivers seat otherwise i would have
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:11pm
Anyone ever consider getting a stationary bike? You can get the same workout from your living room. You can even watch football while you're doing it.

I mean people go to prison for years and come out in peak physical fitness and all they have to work with is a room that's 70 square feet.

While we're on the subject, that mousy looking female jogger from the Permanent TSB ad gets on my tits.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:14pm
the last thing you want in your room during a pandemic is another thing to f**king hang your clothes on that you trip over. 

Let’s remove the one reason you can leave the house to stay in the house a little longer 

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Feb 2021 at 4:15pm
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 809810811812813 987>
  Share Topic