You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 750751752753754 987>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:26pm
KIt won’t shock anybody on here to learn I am in favour of protest, peaceful or otherwise, preferably otherwise, but the idiots who decided to put an Extinction Rebellion symbol on the Chalk Horse deserve a slap. That really irritated me.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

KIt won’t shock anybody on here to learn I am in favour of protest, peaceful or otherwise, preferably otherwise, but the idiots who decided to put an Extinction Rebellion symbol on the Chalk Horse deserve a slap. That really irritated me.

Just seen it

What a ****ish thing to do. It's an ancient site you f**king idiots. 

Really think a number of their actions in recent weeks have lost them a lot of public support they once had.

Their recent protest at the treasury made them look like complete morons. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 08 Oct 2019 at 8:52pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:00pm
Extinction Rebellion have been infiltrated by so many different movement with different aims that it actually just looks like this decade’s “Occupy Wall Street”. Their fundamentals are sound, but it breaks down when people start demanding a vegan led solution, or a communist led one to a carbon neutral future. Too often it becomes clear that the agenda is much greater than just working towards a carbon neutral future and alleviating the damages of man made global warming.

Also, the carbon heavy examples of some of their stunts also make elements look hypocritical.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:06pm

"I'm sorry that it's upset people... but I make no apologies about upsetting people, we did our utmost not to damage the horse," he added.

LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

"I'm sorry that it's upset people... but I make no apologies about upsetting people, we did our utmost not to damage the horse," he added.

LOL

I'm sorry but I'm not apologising
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Extinction Rebellion have been infiltrated by so many different movement with different aims that it actually just looks like this decade’s “Occupy Wall Street”. Their fundamentals are sound, but it breaks down when people start demanding a vegan led solution, or a communist led one to a carbon neutral future. Too often it becomes clear that the agenda is much greater than just working towards a carbon neutral future and alleviating the damages of man made global warming.

Also, the carbon heavy examples of some of their stunts also make elements look hypocritical.

On the last point, the embarrassing Treasury "protest" is an example of this.

A powerful machine like a fire engine (especially an old model like they used) has to burn a sh*t load of diesel. And the chemicals mixed with the water to turn it red all had to be flushed down storm drains which then end up in the Thames, further polluting it.

They didn't attach the nozzle properly and it doesn't occur to the two eejits wrestling with the hose that all they have to do is go up-to the main valve and turn the wheel to decrease the pressure LOLLOLLOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 10:59pm

Just seen it

What a ****ish thing to do. It's an ancient site you f**king idiots. 

Really think a number of their actions in recent weeks have lost them a lot of public support they once had.

Their recent protest at the treasury made them look like complete morons. 
It’s maddening! They are entirely correct and they are defeating themselves! 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:25pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

On the last point, the embarrassing Treasury "protest" is an example of this.

A powerful machine like a fire engine (especially an old model like they used) has to burn a sh*t load of diesel. And the chemicals mixed with the water to turn it red all had to be flushed down storm drains which then end up in the Thames, further polluting it.

They didn't attach the nozzle properly and it doesn't occur to the two eejits wrestling with the hose that all they have to do is go up-to the main valve and turn the wheel to decrease the pressure LOLLOLLOL

This is also part of the mentality (both fatalistic and bogus)  that individual action can achieve nothing, and that at the individual level small changes do nothing. I cringe every time I hear these activists justify and minimise their use of carbon in pursuit of their protest.

The protest at the treasury also highlights how the agenda can be wider than just environmental.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:33pm
Brian O’Driscoll. A fine rugby player, no doubt, but one smug ****.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:55pm

Could be worse, could be Ronan O Gara. 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

cant they both be ****s?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

cant they both be ****s?
Nobody is as smug as a posh Dub though.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:26pm

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:35pm

Really? I don’t pay too close attention to him but haven’t sensed any smugness from him. In fact, (frosted tips phase aside) I’d call him modest.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Really? I don’t pay too close attention to him but haven’t sensed any smugness from him. In fact, (frosted tips phase aside) I’d call him modest.
Modest? Really? 

Anyway, I came in to express my annoyance at people using ‘Sir’. ****ish.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:16pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Modest? Really? 

Anyway, I came in to express my annoyance at people using ‘Sir’. ****ish.

Yeah really. 

My only frame of reference are the few interviews ive seen and his social media. On Instagram, seems a sound lad compared to Robbie Keane say. Plus, his missus seems bang on. Again, compared to the wooden Claudine. 

An unfair comparison between two couples maybe but still. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:19pm
Fair enough. I don’t do social media at all, it’s based on how he comes across. I think his wife is gorgeous, so anything she says...
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 10:16pm

Believe! Or #believe!

f**k off
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 750751752753754 987>
  Share Topic