You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 730731732733734 984>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:21am
Was taking stuff to the recycling centre last week and when I drove in a cyclist approached my car and started ranting and raving asking had I anything to say for myself, I nearly knocked him off his bike he was saying.
I genuinely didn't remember even seeing a cyclist on my way there.

The sooner those creepy angry ****s in lycra are off the road completely, the better.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Apr 2019 at 9:22am
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:55am
Yep how dare they reduce their carbon emissions and choose a much healthier mode of transport for them and the planet?

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Walking to work today I saw cyclists being the cause of at least 5 very near accidents, with walkers and drivers.

All walkers were on the path where cyclists should not be.
And the 2 with cares was either down to colour blindness or most likely being ****s who don't think traffic lights apply to them

A small coterie of cyclists have done the mental gymnastics to convince themselves that they are the most vulnerable road user, and that justifies behaviour.

You’ll be amazed at some of the videos of cyclists unnecessarily taking off wing mirrors etc, when there is no spacial need to do so.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:03am
Also the w**ker psycholists with them fckin cameras on their hats, w**kers showing everything except their own fckin incompetence, their cameras don’t seem to capture their own fckin stupidity
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

Yep how dare they reduce their carbon emissions and choose a much healthier mode of transport for them and the planet?

doesnt mean they have to be complete ****s about it.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

doesnt mean they have to be complete ****s about it.

I think it is part of the problem. It’s veganism on wheels.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:46am
Veganism is Western Privilege 101.

The idea of being able to turn down swaths of food because there is so many alternatives seems totally lost on elements of the vegan community.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was taking stuff to the recycling centre last week and when I drove in a cyclist approached my car and started ranting and raving asking had I anything to say for myself, I nearly knocked him off his bike he was saying.

The sooner those creepy angry ****s in lycra are off the road completely, the better.

What happened then?  Did you bottle it?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I asked him what he was on about and asked him which road this happened on. This wound him up further and then he said "I don't believe a word of this, did you not see my flashing light" 

Then he cycled away back onto the road for his sad little trip home in his tight pants holding up traffic and annoying the majority of drivers behind him.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The idea of being able to turn down swaths of food because there is so many alternatives seems totally lost on elements of the vegan community.
I am no expert on these things, but from what I can gather from those that are, veganism isn't as good for the planet as those that constantly bleat about it would have you believe. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:13am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I am no expert on these things, but from what I can gather from those that are, veganism isn't as good for the planet as those that constantly bleat about it would have you believe. 

It seems the manner in which we farm is the best way to combat climatechange in the food sector which also still permits a meat eating diet. The elimination of meat seems to be a relatively discreet point in research, but the one vegans cling to when stating that a vegan diet is the best way to combat climate change
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:14am

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I asked him what he was on about and asked him which road this happened on. This wound him up further and then he said "I don't believe a word of this, did you not see my flashing light" 

Then he cycled away back onto the road for his sad little trip home in his tight pants holding up traffic and annoying the majority of drivers behind him.

LOL

Ah they really are b@stards! One of them took my wing mirror off a few weeks back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:27am

It seems the manner in which we farm is the best way to combat climatechange in the food sector which also still permits a meat eating diet. The elimination of meat seems to be a relatively discreet point in research, but the one vegans cling to when stating that a vegan diet is the best way to combat climate change
Yeah, that appears to be it. Now, we need to change aspects of how we farm, that goes without saying,  but it appears that grazing animals are good for the land. Massive change could have disastrous implications.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Also the w**ker psycholists with them fckin cameras on their hats, w**kers showing everything except their own fckin incompetence, their cameras don’t seem to capture their own fckin stupidity

I actually saw my first one of them today, though it was an invasion from Battlestar Galactica for a moment.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:33am

Yeah, that appears to be it. Now, we need to change aspects of how we farm, that goes without saying,  but it appears that grazing animals are good for the land. Massive change could have disastrous implications.

Also, I’ve read in a number of places that certain animals leave their own carbon footprint via methane which is a natural, non man made contributor to climate change. Cows appear to be a prime culprit

Climate Change is a very complex question, with corporate responsibility being a top priority in fighting it. But there is also the personal responsibility that comes too, but going vegan doesn’t seem to actually be a great part of that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:44am

Also, I’ve read in a number of places that certain animals leave their own carbon footprint via methane which is a natural, non man made contributor to climate change. Cows appear to be a prime culprit

Climate Change is a very complex question, with corporate responsibility being a top priority in fighting it. But there is also the personal responsibility that comes too, but going vegan doesn’t seem to actually be a great part of that.
I am a little uncomfortable about the societal pressure that is put on individuals in this. People should obviously try there best to be as eco-friendly as possible, but there seems to be an extra demand or reminder on everything you do, when in reality the responsibility lies much higher up the economic food chain. 

I think Morrissey's quote on 'Band Aid' kind of sums up my views on the matter(in fact, a lot of his views from this period of time echo mine today. It really is a shame that he became a ****)It obviously isn't like for like, but I feel the passing of responsibility on to those with the least influence is similar. Replace 'Ethiopa' with the planet and 'climate change' for 'Band Aid' , etc., and you get the gist. 

"The whole implication was to save these people in Ethiopia, but who were they asking to save them? Some 13-year-old girl in Wigan! People like Thatcher and the royals could solve the Ethiopian problem within ten seconds. But Band Aid shied away from saying that — for heaven's sake, it was almost directly aimed at unemployed people." 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:54am

I am a little uncomfortable about the societal pressure that is put on individuals in this. People should obviously try there best to be as eco-friendly as possible, but there seems to be an extra demand or reminder on everything you do, when in reality the responsibility lies much higher up the economic food chain. 

I think Morrissey's quote on 'Band Aid' kind of sums up my views on the matter(in fact, a lot of his views from this period of time echo mine today. It really is a shame that he became a ****)It obviously isn't like for like, but I feel the passing of responsibility on to those with the least influence is similar. Replace 'Ethiopa' with the planet and 'climate change' for 'Band Aid' , etc., and you get the gist. 

"The whole implication was to save these people in Ethiopia, but who were they asking to save them? Some 13-year-old girl in Wigan! People like Thatcher and the royals could solve the Ethiopian problem within ten seconds. But Band Aid shied away from saying that — for heaven's sake, it was almost directly aimed at unemployed people." 

Personally, I have no real problem with a Carbon Tax on certain goods in order to convince people to use alternative means to reduce their footprint. A prime example is things related to cars. I also have no real objection to things like congestion charges where proper public transport is available and shares the load. I do object to opposition to carbon taxes on individuals as individuals are contributors. Good public transport and the green agenda should go hand in hand.

But that of course should be in combination with a fit for purpose regulation of corporations who are the key emitters, and their emissions should be charged and they should also be subject to proper taxation in order to fund combating climate change.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 12:03pm

Personally, I have no real problem with a Carbon Tax on certain goods in order to convince people to use alternative means to reduce their footprint. A prime example is things related to cars. I also have no real objection to things like congestion charges where proper public transport is available and shares the load. I do object to opposition to carbon taxes on individuals as individuals are contributors. Good public transport and the green agenda should go hand in hand.

But that of course should be in combination with a fit for purpose regulation of corporations who are the key emitters, and their emissions should be charged and they should also be subject to proper taxation in order to fund combating climate change.
I have no problem with that either, but it is the lack of real pressure from governments on corporations that is the main frustration. They are still getting away with murder while we are made feel guilty for not putting a milk carton in the recycling.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 730731732733734 984>
  Share Topic