You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - things that annoy the fook out of you
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 718719720721722 745>
Author
Message
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton


Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Location: Co Down
Status: Offline
Points: 3979
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?
Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 28065
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?
 
LOL
Back to Top
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2016
Location: Belfast
Status: Offline
Points: 560
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:20pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?

Maybe offended was too harsh a word haha. People turning their noses up or giving dirty looks if you say hello, or how are ya. When you are just being friendly.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 36649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:29pm
The constant misuse of language, offended seems to be a particular favourite to misuse these days.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2016
Location: Belfast
Status: Offline
Points: 560
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The constant misuse of language, offended seems to be a particular favourite to misuse these days.

Couldn’t agree more PM
Back to Top
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Location: Far Fungannon
Status: Offline
Points: 20621
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?


I think it was probably the manner of it. I mean, it's fine to nod and say "hi there" as you walk past someone in the street.

Helicoptering your junk around, shaking your hips, as you sit down uncomfortably close to the only other person on the bus, a 19 year old student, saying "well hello there", that's probably over the line.
Back to Top
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
#No1 on breaking news on bad news

Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Location: Ath Cliath
Status: Offline
Points: 33986
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?


I think it was probably the manner of it. I mean, it's fine to nod and say "hi there" as you walk past someone in the street.

Helicoptering your junk around, shaking your hips, as you sit down uncomfortably close to the only other person on the bus, a 19 year old student, saying "well hello there", that's probably over the line.


LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Back to Top
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Joined: 22 May 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 103979
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:46pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Back to Top
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton


Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Location: Co Down
Status: Offline
Points: 3979
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?


I think it was probably the manner of it. I mean, it's fine to nod and say "hi there" as you walk past someone in the street.

Helicoptering your junk around, shaking your hips, as you sit down uncomfortably close to the only other person on the bus, a 19 year old student, saying "well hello there", that's probably over the line.

Clap
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 36649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 4:50pm
Maybe I have been in England too long, but I would find it a bit uncomfortable if a stranger said hello on the street.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 19792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:


Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

The fact that you can’t seem to say anything to anyone anymore without them being offended. For example, saying hello to someone on the street, bus or train. It’s like people had a sense of entitlement “why should he say hello to me” ffs it’s being nice. You can’t seem to be friendly or nice anymore. 

People need to get off their high horse. 

Talk me through this one bud. They were offended because you said hello to them?

Maybe offended was too harsh a word haha. People turning their noses up or giving dirty looks if you say hello, or how are ya. When you are just being friendly.

I have never ever encountered a friendly hello been met with dirty looks - maybe it's you LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Back to Top
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 20 Aug 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 2070
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
Was on a Mental Health Awareness course today and the instructor told a story of a client of hers who is receiving therapy for PTSD after pulling a body of a teenage boy out of a river. In the kid's pocket was a note that said 'If somebody says hello to me on my way, I won't jump.'

Don't underestimate the power of a 'Hello'.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 36649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
What about if the note said : 'if someone says hello, I am going to jump'.

It is great that such courses are now happening, I just can't help feeling  that these sorts of stories have been told on different courses by instructors  for a long time and the cynic in me always wonders about their veracity.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Location: Far Fungannon
Status: Offline
Points: 20621
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:59pm
That three ad where the girl says "this isn't fair" and the lad says "don't worry, we'll get somewhere".

The basic subtext of the ad seems to be that a young couple can't afford to get a place of their own but f**k it, you've got a smartphone, so they should be grateful for that much and ignore the financial system, set up and ruled by their boomer parent's generation, which screws them over and treats a home as a privilege, and denigrates them for being avocado toast munching, fancy coffee drinking, millennial pri*ks. F**k that. It annoys the f**k out of me that it seems to say it's grand that housing is f**ked so long as you have a smartphone. I dunno who thought that was a good idea.

Incidentally, before anyone says anything, it's not because of my own housing situation that the ad annoys me. My housing situation is thankfully now well under control.
Back to Top
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Ohhhhh Goodnesss!!

Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Location: Tibet
Status: Offline
Points: 11928
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:51am
SD , are you in the new house yet , as I haven't heard must on that one for a while ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Back to Top
oldbilly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 1146
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 7:14am
Absolute pricks on huge money like that tart joe Duffy doing a hatchet job on the nurses, RTÉ looking after their masters again,sad excuses for journalists. Forgot where you came from Duffy you ****
Back to Top
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Location: Far Fungannon
Status: Offline
Points: 20621
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

SD , are you in the new house yet , as I haven't heard must on that one for a while ?


Not yet, but it's moving that way. Solicitor on the vendor's side is very slow with contracts.

Hopefully shouldn't be too long all the same.
Back to Top
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Ohhhhh Goodnesss!!

Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Location: Tibet
Status: Offline
Points: 11928
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

SD , are you in the new house yet , as I haven't heard must on that one for a while ?


Not yet, but it's moving that way. Solicitor on the vendor's side is very slow with contracts.

Hopefully shouldn't be too long all the same.
Good luck with it as when it happens everything will fall into place very quick .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 718719720721722 745>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.