You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things that annoy the fook out of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 648649650651652 988>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If it is just sneaking your own drink on board then what exactly is the crime and why are police waiting at the other side? If they are selling booze on board there can't be anything really criminal about it? If someone is caught with a naggin down the pub on a Saturday night do the army turn up there too?

I doubt they report it as such to the authorities at the destination as they'd be laughed at so they probably make up some OTT bollox
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:48am
I can’t see it just being a few sneaky beers plenty of people either think their are characters , don’t see the issue though obvious to all, don’t give a fuk or a combination of all three 

Jet 2have banned them for life and are seeking costs afaik
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:23pm

If it is just sneaking your own drink on board then what exactly is the crime and why are police waiting at the other side? If they are selling booze on board there can't be anything really criminal about it? If someone is caught with a naggin down the pub on a Saturday night do the army turn up there too?

It's illegal to serve yourself a drink on a plane, it is legal to bring it on board and ask the crew to serve it to you, the latter is apparently common on dry airlines such as Saudia, never flown one myself though so not sure.

Just to clarify, I think this was ridiculous, I often fill a 100ml clear plastic bottle up with whiskey before a flight and pour it into a bottle of Coke before boarding, never had an issue but it more discreet thank bringing a naggin on.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:28pm
Flew home from Glasgow on Saturday and a few things about the flight annoyed me.

1. They were loading the plane front and back. 70% of the people queued for the front even though they were sitting in row 20 and beyond (they were easy to see from their pink dancing tracksuits)

2. As I approached my seat inn row 10 an aul lad was steaming up the plane towards me as he'd gotten on the back due to the shorter queue even though he was sitting in row 6, so as people are moving down the plane he's causing carnage coming up the plane.

3. The woman beside me was in the wrong seat because the chap beside her sat in the wrong row. Why didn't she tell him originally he was in the wrong seat instead of just being like grand i'll now sit in the wrong seat too?

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:36pm
What a f**kwit, gets on at the back and he's sitting in Row 6.  LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:40pm
Fair enough Vidic, didn't realise that was the case and haven't drank on a plane for a while myself. Haven't been on a flight long enough that I needed one!
It seems like a massive overreaction though.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:44pm

Fair enough Vidic, didn't realise that was the case and haven't drank on a plane for a while myself. Haven't been on a flight long enough that I needed one!
It seems like a massive overreaction though.

Costs a lot of money to divert a flight. Not a decision Ryanair would have made lightly I'd have thought 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:55pm
That f*ckin Hyundai ad with Maroon 5, pain in the hoop Angry
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Flew home from Glasgow on Saturday and a few things about the flight annoyed me.

1. They were loading the plane front and back. 70% of the people queued for the front even though they were sitting in row 20 and beyond (they were easy to see from their pink dancing tracksuits)

2. As I approached my seat inn row 10 an aul lad was steaming up the plane towards me as he'd gotten on the back due to the shorter queue even though he was sitting in row 6, so as people are moving down the plane he's causing carnage coming up the plane.

3. The woman beside me was in the wrong seat because the chap beside her sat in the wrong row. Why didn't she tell him originally he was in the wrong seat instead of just being like grand i'll now sit in the wrong seat too?

People who cant works out the seat allocation ABC DEF - its not rocket science

On a flight home and had an aisle seat that I like, get there and woman sat on it .

Me - Err I think you are in my seat
Her - I asked for an aisle seat
Me - your boarding pass says B so you are in the middle
Her - well I asked for a aisle seat ! do you want to swap
Me - No , I don't

the face on her afterwards
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

People who cant works out the seat allocation ABC DEF - its not rocket science

On a flight home and had an aisle seat that I like, get there and woman sat on it .

Me - Err I think you are in my seat
Her - I asked for an aisle seat
Me - your boarding pass says B so you are in the middle
Her - well I asked for a aisle seat ! do you want to swap
Me - No , I don't

the face on her afterwards
Yeah But I bet she still shared the bed with you later LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

That f*ckin Hyundai ad with Maroon 5, pain in the hoop Angry

Yes, the lead singer is on the list of people I'd punch in the face should I ever come across
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

RTE blocking out programmes on Sky in the north

Not only the world cup matches, but its now the Sunday Game last night I see!

looks like it was Sky (Sunday Game) that blocked it and not RTE.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 3:05pm
The sunday game like GAA is a propaganda machine for the IRA and was correctly blocked from contaminating the minds of fenians
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 6:35pm
the pitiful short online  checkin times for ‘major’ airlines if easyjet can do them 30 days in advance I am struggling to see what other airlines can’t 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 6:46pm

the pitiful short online  checkin times for ‘major’ airlines if easyjet can do them 30 days in advance I am struggling to see what other airlines can’t 
in most cases its an effort to get people to pay extra and select a seat. Ryanair recently reduced their check in times if not pre paying for a seat 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

in most cases its an effort to get people to pay extra and select a seat. Ryanair recently reduced their check in times if not pre paying for a seat 

What’s it now ? was 72 hrs from memory 

If you are not going to pay for a seat with 30 days to go you are not paying for one with 36 hrs to go 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:23pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

What’s it now ? was 72 hrs from memory 

If you are not going to pay for a seat with 30 days to go you are not paying for one with 36 hrs to go 
thought it was 7 days ..anyway down to 48 hours now 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 648649650651652 988>
  Share Topic