You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Zloty (Polish Currency)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Zloty (Polish Currency)
    Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 8:19am
Lads I have about €200 in zolty I got it at the rate of €1 = 4.5 zl (one month ago)

I'm buying it a few quid a week and i went to the bank yesterday and got a rate of 3.9 zl that's a decent drop in value so just some advise to buy a bit each week as oppose to buying a lump when before you go and getting a sh*te rate of god forbid 2 zl or lower. It shouldn't go that low but with the demand for the currency it's possible.

I know the post office don't charge comission on stg and usd but I don't know if the have polish zl.

Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!
Sponsored Links

niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 8:22am
Not a bad idea skipper.Post office dont charge on those two because i was in there yesterday getting sterling(heading to aintree thurs) but they dont have any other currency.
June 2012 party time!!
Skipper View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 8:28am
Originally posted by niall290 niall290 wrote:

Not a bad idea skipper.Post office dont charge on those two because i was in there yesterday getting sterling(heading to aintree thurs) but they dont have any other currency.

Ooooh ladee da. :)

Even if you got 20 quid a week or go once a month with 80e it will save you money when it comes to it
Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!
Chief View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:12am
Change your money over there in shops similar to Bureau de Change.
They give the best rates, wont ever get less than 4zl to the euro.  Anytime I am in Poland, I bring Euros and change when I am there.
Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:14am
You generally get a better rate in the country you are travelling to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:21am
Good thread DOC.i was wondering about that currency.that international exchange rate xe.com is good for up to date value on the currencies.

Lads would it be advisable to bring even 50 euros worth of zloty before you exchange the rest in poland?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:28am
Yeah irishmufc just bring enough to get you through the first day, most hotels will change currency but normally charge a little over the odds, as all ready said if you look around you will find the best rate in offical bureau de change
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:32am
But would the actual polish banks not give you the best exchange rates.its usually banks i go to when im abroad
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:34am
All will have exchange rate on show just shop around for best but in general very little between bank an bureau
finnanselbow View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnanselbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:55am
No harm to land with a few zloty in the pocket to pay the taxi / train / bus / brasser (delete as appropriate) and get through the first day
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 5:06pm
there has been a significant slide in the euro value against the zloty in the last number of months alright - 4.5 to approx 3.92

visa seems to beat the bank's cash rate  - even when the 1.75% transaction charge is taken into account.

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:16pm
ive always found its better to exchange in the bank than those bureau things, rate is generally better
rebel 88 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 7:49pm
I checked it in the bank of ireland thursday,the rate was 4.16 to the euro.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 9:33pm
Just a word to the wise for the quarter final and final in Ukraine most pubs/cafe's/hotel's will exchange euro's or sterling for the local currency for you as well - might not be the best rate but they will do it for ya Thumbs Up
manbearpig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manbearpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:33am
When in the Czech republic last summer I found using ATM's gave decent rates above the norm found in the banks and exchange shops. There were some exchange shops which did great deals but I couldn't be bothered spending hours finding them to get an extra few Koruna. I'm assuming it's a similar story in Poland?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:54am
Read an article that 90% of Polish ATMs are fitted with copying devices and all your will be emptied in minutes
Becareful lads
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Read an article that 90% of Polish ATMs are fitted with copying devices and all your will be emptied in minutes
Becareful lads

To quote a rather important guy "you cant believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 8:27am
Originally posted by tipp86 tipp86 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Becareful lads

To quote a rather important guy "you cant believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Yep and you will be killed as soon as you step off the plane by a drunken pole in a car Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic