You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Wire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Wire
    Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Aang Aang wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

when i was in yerevan i met a lot of american armenians who were visiting , we had a very good night with them
Lol half of Yerevan is in the greater Los Angeles area. Big smile The national team even has an Armenian-American (Yura Movsisyan). He is based in Russia now because he plays for a Russian club but his family is here and he lives here.

Anyway, back to The Wire... I always felt if I were a cop IRL I would be like Pryzbylewski. LOL

presbo was the worst cop ever and a worse teacher LOL 

i would be more of a bunk type with shades of lansman LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Aang View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 10:15am

when i was in yerevan i met a lot of american armenians who were visiting , we had a very good night with them
Lol half of Yerevan is in the greater Los Angeles area. Big smile The national team even has an Armenian-American (Yura Movsisyan). He is based in Russia now because he plays for a Russian club but his family is here and he lives here.

Anyway, back to The Wire... I always felt if I were a cop IRL I would be like Pryzbylewski. LOL

Edited by Aang - 25 Oct 2013 at 10:16am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 10:06am
Thumbs Up

Have any of you seen Homicide: Life on the Street? It's the other Baltimore-set show that many people who later worked on The Wire had been part of. There are some episodes that are every bit as good as anything I've seen on The Wire, possibly superior. The only downside is that, being a broadcast series (it aired on NBC), it was constrained by TV indecency standards and whatnot.

The Wire is still the better series and Homicide is more episodic and got slightly weaker as it went along but it's still worth watching.

i really enjoyed homicide , was a great show

AANG i presume you enjoyed"the Shield" and the Armenian money train ? Tongue
Lol, LOVED The Shield, actually. Was a great show. As for the Armenian stuff... I didn't love it but I accepted it. With the large community here in southern California (probably 500K or more at this point) you kind of have to accept increased visibility in popular culture (even if it's not the positive kind), especially when you live so close to Hollyweird...

Aang View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 10:05am

Have any of you seen Homicide: Life on the Street? It's the other Baltimore-set show that many people who later worked on The Wire had been part of. There are some episodes that are every bit as good as anything I've seen on The Wire, possibly superior. The only downside is that, being a broadcast series (it aired on NBC), it was constrained by TV indecency standards and whatnot.

The Wire is still the better series and Homicide is more episodic and got slightly weaker as it went along but it's still worth watching.

Lol, LOVED The Shield, actually. Was a great show. As for the Armenian stuff... I didn't love it but I accepted it. With the large community here in southern California (probably 500K or more at this point) you kind of have to accept increased visibility in popular culture (even if it's not the positive kind), especially when you live so close to Hollyweird...

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 9:46am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 9:44am

Aang View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 9:23am

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 8:59am
My all time Top 3.

1 - The Sopranos
2 -  The Wire
3 -  Breaking Bad
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:24am
Watched Breaking Bad. Enjoyed it. But it's not on the same level as the Wire. Best programme I've seen on television. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 5:24pm
Exclamation CAUTION: contains spoliers Exclamation

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Can not believe what I just witnessed at the end of season 3. 
Totally taken by surprise.

Remember that well, alright. Great scene.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:48pm
Can not believe what I just witnessed at the end of season 3. 
Totally taken by surprise.
The dark side.. And the light
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 6:07pm
always knew Bunk was a sound bloke.Cool

taken from balls.ie

Actor Wendell Pierce declared his love for St Patrick’s Athletic in an interview with the Sunday World published today. The Star of ‘The Wire’, ‘Treme’ and ‘Horrible Bosses’ became a fan through twitter.

1216380801 Bunk From The Wire Is A Huge St Pats Fan

Wendell on discovering the journalist was from Dublin;

“A lot of my boys are Dublin boys, did you know that? I’m a huge St Patrick’s athletic fan. I can’t wait to get over to a game in Inchicore”

How did this fandom come about then?

I’m a New Orleans man, so I support the Saints here and after I sent a few NFL tweets a few years back a whole load of Supersaint fans in Dublin tweeted me, Now I’m an honorary Supersaint, although I’m embarrassed to say that as yet I haven’t been to a game, but I will. We chat on twitter all the time and I follow the teams results

The journalist, Daragh Keany, explains how such was Wendell’s desire to talk about St Pats that his PR person had to steer him back on topic of Treme.

As you’d expect with social media, St Pats were quick off the mark with an invite;

Bunk responded to internet claims he wasn’t a true League of Ireland fan

bunk Bunk From The Wire Is A Huge St Pats Fan

cup champions
finnanselbow View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnanselbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 10:57pm
Watched final episode tonight, brilliant show
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 7:31pm
"here comes Omar... Omar,, Omar" 
Everyone hides..
Omar comes around whistling farmer in the dell.

What a cool mutaf**ker Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 3:29pm
this finished on sky two weeks ago, used ro record it and watch it every sunday evening for the last year, dont know what to be of a sunday evening now 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 3:01pm
Best TV show ever made imo .I love that it is a slow burner.
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 2:36pm
Watching for the second time, on season four now. It is slow to get going but it eventually reels you in. Omar is the balls. Cool 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic