You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 182>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
Just in regards to Klose, how you can say he was over rated is beyond me.

Fantastic goal scorer he might not have been in Messi or Ronaldo goalscoring numbers but I think the below numbers show he knew where the goal was.

Kaiserslautern -  52 goals in 142 games

Werder Bremen- 63 goals in 132 games

Bayern Munich- 53 goals in 149 games

Lazio - 63 goals in 173 games

Germany- 71 goals in 137 games

That's about a goal every 3 game ratio which is a phenomenal record
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:08pm
Steve-O from Jackass used to live with a drug dealer who happened to be HIV positive.

Both the dealer and himself started snorting cocaine, at one stage Steve-O saw that there was blood from the dealers nose that tainted the cocaine but proceeded to snort it anyway.

What a mad bastard Shocked

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Mar 2020 at 11:11pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:13pm
So what you really  found out today was that a man most famous for stapling his scrotum to his leg, in the name of humour, didn’t care too much for his personal well-being? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So what you really  found out today was that a man most famous for stapling his scrotum to his leg, in the name of humour, didn’t care too much for his personal well-being? 

No because I knew that anyway. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

So you learned that an idiot who didn’t care for his personal well-being took some risks with his personal well-being? I found out that Diego Maradona once scored a very good goal and that Adolf Hitler wasn’t a very nice man.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:07am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

If he hadn’t missed that penalty he would have left a more secure legacy. He nearly won that World Cup himself, with the greatest of respect to their defence. He was sensational.

Agree

Recently rewatched highlights of 94 world cup. Scored every goal for Italy(bar 1 scored by Dino Baggio) from the knockout stages onwards, and if memory serves me correct he wasn't even 100% fit during the World Cup.

See below

Sorry about the foreign language but you get the drift

The best World Cup I’ve seen (and will ever see) with so many stars performing and Baggio was the best of them all.

As PM says, if Italy won that World Cup and he scored his peno his legacy would have been elevated to another level.

Note to self: Must find the extended highlights of this WC and watch it all again.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:21am

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

So you learned that an idiot who didn’t care for his personal well-being took some risks with his personal well-being? I found out that Diego Maradona once scored a very good goal and that Adolf Hitler wasn’t a very nice man.

No need to be condescending over a useless and no doubt uninteresting piece of information I posted Thumbs Up (could probably say that about most of my posts mind)

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:25am
Probably not, but I enjoyed it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

If he hadn’t missed that penalty he would have left a more secure legacy. He nearly won that World Cup himself, with the greatest of respect to their defence. He was sensational.

Agree

Recently rewatched highlights of 94 world cup. Scored every goal for Italy(bar 1 scored by Dino Baggio) from the knockout stages onwards, and if memory serves me correct he wasn't even 100% fit during the World Cup.

See below

Sorry about the foreign language but you get the drift

The best World Cup I’ve seen (and will ever see) with so many stars performing and Baggio was the best of them all.

As PM says, if Italy won that World Cup and he scored his peno his legacy would have been elevated to another level.

Note to self: Must find the extended highlights of this WC and watch it all again.
I watched the BBC review of ‘94 on YouTube this morning and his goals were all brilliant! I forgot how bad some of the refereeing was though! Absolutely comical at times.

Did the BBC not do one for ‘98? Or can you get those FIFA ones anywhere? I remember enjoying how they were done too.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:53am
Learned i didnt have to put on the heating today, the house is warm, heres to 6 months of thatThumbs Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:56am
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Learned i didnt have to put on the heating today, the house is warm, heres to 6 months of thatThumbs Up
Get back to the other thread and take down that smiley and work with me LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 1:03am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Get back to the other thread and take down that smiley and work with me LOL
LOL
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:39pm
Steve Bruce scored 19 goals for Man United in the 1990/91 season
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He was on the pens wasn’t he?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:53pm

I actually thought there was a season he scored more? He had a very decent penalty, which helped.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:56pm

IIRC, Pat Scully was second top scorer in the League of Ireland in 1997/1998 behind Stephen Geoghegan. The Bruce fact reminded me of that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:58pm
Stephen Geoghegan ! A man with the most Dublin head imaginable.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:19pm

Stephen Geoghegan ! A man with the most Dublin head imaginable.
the tash LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 182>
  Share Topic