You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 179>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:31pm
91mph winds in Killowen headed towards North East England, I suspect I'll be spending the night with candles and Hello Darkness My Old Friend on my phone.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:35pm
Trees down all over the focking place loike. 

Woman with a pram nearly flattened by a horse chestnut on my road. And i'm talking, missed her by a gee hair. Not blowing it out of proportion. Top branches brushed her.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Woman killed was from Switzerland

Anyone else in the caravan or was she on her Tobler?
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:41pm
Weather's fine down in Cork 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Day 2 of the Ploughing Championships cancelled so it must be pretty bad.

The problem with the ploughing was the high winds(Tullamore wasnt as badly affected as some area's) didn't ease off as early as they predicted.
They didn't have time to do a safety check and get the site fixed up in time to make it possible to open at 11.Opening at 1 or 2pm would have been pointless.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:16pm
LOL
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Woman killed was from Switzerland

Anyone else in the caravan or was she on her Tobler?

She's up for a Darwin award anyway!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:32pm
Stack of freight containers in Dublin Port (usually stacked 4/5 high) blown over a few mins ago. First fair ground experience for the inhabitants 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Stack of freight containers in Dublin Port (usually stacked 4/5 high) blown over a few mins ago. First fair ground experience for the inhabitants 

Just after seeing the pics-few cars smashed Shocked
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:55pm
Someone killed in south Armagh by a tree, looks like it was an NIE employee fixing power lines
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

They're absolute thickos down there. Clearly know the weather that's coming and keep the stacks 4-6 high. I'm sure it's all covered by insurance but I'd imagine heads will roll for it.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

The first time a day at the ploughing championship was cancelled in it's 87 years.The winds are definitely stronger in Dublin than they were for the last big hullabaloo. Trees blown down in Cabra which I haven't seen before.

There was 3 people killed in that last "hullabaloo"

More trees fell on the same road today where one of the people was killed last time when a tree fell on his car

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:36pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:14pm

Ophelia they were saying don't leave your house, batten down the hatches, pray for salvation. 
Ali- go to work only status orange.

There's trees down all over here and someone killed.

Without going back through the posts, I'd wager all my Bitcoin that you were complaining about Storm Ophelia and places closing etc, and now when they don't you're complaining.

There is no conclusion to be drawn here, none whatsoever. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Ophelia they were saying don't leave your house, batten down the hatches, pray for salvation. 
Ali- go to work only status orange.

There's trees down all over here and someone killed.

Without going back through the posts, I'd wager all my Bitcoin that you were complaining about Storm Ophelia and places closing etc, and now when they don't you're complaining.

There is no conclusion to be drawn here, none whatsoever. 

Ophelia was a normal strong wind in Galway and nothing more.  The east and south got it worse.  As far as I can remember I didn't complain as you have to prepare for the worst and warn in case it does happen.  With Ophelia they were telling businesses not to open and for people to stay indoors and said this is the worst weather ever to hit Ireland. Code red all around.  It didn't really materialise but fair enough.

With Ali they dropped the ball.  No prophecies of doom, just a it will be quite windy type warning.  No public warnings to stay indoors, prepare for a hurricane like with Ophelia yet it was worse or just as bad anyway.  Trees down here all over. They fooked up and wont admit it.  It was far worse than they were predicting and longer lasting.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:02am
TJ the problem with Ali was the time of year . Now in the deep of winter all the tree have lost their leaves but mid September all the trees still have them , that's where the problem was with trees coming down as the wind has more to catch on too .
 Jezzzzz you have to get out of the City TJ and become a country lad like myself Hug
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

TJ the problem with Ali was the time of year . Now in the deep of winter all the tree have lost their leaves but mid September all the trees still have them , that's where the problem was with trees coming down as the wind has more to catch on too .
 Jezzzzz you have to get out of the City TJ and become a country lad like myself Hug
Heard a theory too that the soil is still quite dry after the drought for the summer so the trees aren't as well rooted as they would normally be.

This was nowhere near as bad as other storms. I cycled to and from work on Wednesday and while it was a slog, it wasn't a patch on last year.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:32am
There is a grow dome in Rialto, it survived Ophelia but it's in a bits after these recent winds 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

There is a grow dome in Rialto, it survived Ophelia but it's in a bits after these recent winds 
The hash crop fckin ruined Yeah ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 179>
  Share Topic