You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 173>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wind picked up again over the last hour or so on the Northside
It's actually worse than today now
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:50pm
Yup was just thinking that
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:53pm
Those cu*ts thinking they’re hard jumping into the sea at salthill should be shot.
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:53pm
I just sent the quare wan down to the chinese, told her it would be dodgy to take the car so she should walk and she said ok, i was only doing it so she could get a good airing of her box
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:13am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I just sent the quare wan down to the chinese, told her it would be dodgy to take the car so she should walk and she said ok, i was only doing it so she could get a good airing of her box

Charming.....in the morning why don’t you read your post out loud to your mother or your daughter.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:02am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wind picked up again over the last hour or so on the Northside

Northside of where?
Who knows probably Cork City maybe

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 17 Oct 2017 at 1:02am
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:53am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Jaysus talk about an overreaction. It's going to be a bit breezy tomorrow. If you lived in Clonakilty or somewhere like that, I'd understand, but a three bed semi d in Cabinteely is going to be grand.

Overreaction?

Tell that to the families of the deceased, those without power and people who have had their property destroyed.

Crass post and sadly seem a lot of it today.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:21am

brillaint
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:42am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Onyd Onyd wrote:

Charged with what though?
Start with wasting rescue services time for a start and for putting the men and women who have to put their life on the line in unnecessary danger
But the galoots in question didn't call the rescue services out, did they?

LOLLOLLOL What? 

That like saying if someones been stabbed emergency services shouldn't show up unless the person stabbed calls them
I'm saying it would be impossible to prosecute someone for wasting emergency services time if they didn't call the services in the first place. I'm not arguing it's gross irresponsibility to go out in those conditions, but no law was broken.
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Jaysus talk about an overreaction. It's going to be a bit breezy tomorrow. If you lived in Clonakilty or somewhere like that, I'd understand, but a three bed semi d in Cabinteely is going to be grand.

Overreaction?

Tell that to the families of the deceased, those without power and people who have had their property destroyed.

While hindsight is wonderful, it looks like the code red on the east coast was superfluous and diverted resources from where they were needed
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Onyd Onyd wrote:

Overreaction?

While hindsight is wonderful, it looks like the code red on the east coast was superfluous and diverted resources from where they were needed

i of the 3 killed was on the East coast

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:52am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

It needs to be said they there were 3 absolutely needless deaths today. Why didn't these people heed the warnings. It's tragic but they were preventable

Are you blaming the people themselves for this?

I'm not 'blaming' anyone. I understand there are now 3 grieving families. But the fact is that all the emergency services were advising people not to drive and to stay in doors. So unless these 3 individuals were out because they themselves were in an unavoidable emergency situation then there deaths were preventable.

The lad that was killed up here was returning home from work.

Not everyone everyone had the luxury of being told to stay at home

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:00am
Three absolutely tragic deaths and certainly in my area of Tallaght, we got away fierce lightly.

I believe the Met Éireann and the Govt were absolutely right to not underestimate Ophelia, with the amount of fallen trees and flying objects, it's highly probable a good deal more than three would've died.  I didn't leave me gaff all day except to go the back garden for me dogs to go the jacks.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:01am
Agree with Shoco here, while the storm took a turn to avoid any serious damage/winds in the Dublin area, Louth and SE Down got a good battering from it, of course authorities up here couldn't decide to warn folk in time, loads of companies didn't allow staff home early.

Mate was coming home from Belfast at 4.30 when a tree landed on his car, thankfully just the back of it so just some damage there and he was injury free, tree landed on top of a van in Castlewellan but again thankfully all on board where the lucky ones unlike the poor lad in Ravendale.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:05am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Three absolutely tragic deaths and certainly in my area of Tallaght, we got away fierce lightly.

I believe the Met Éireann and the Govt were absolutely right to not underestimate Ophelia, with the amount of fallen trees and flying objects, it's highly probable a good deal more than three would've died.  I didn't leave me gaff all day except to go the back garden for me dogs to go the jacks.

+1

Get the feeling the same people complaining about an overreaction from the Govt and Met Eireann. Would have been complaining if the Govt and Met Eireann didn't do anything and a lot more than 3 people were killed
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:05am

Exactly. 100s of fallen trees across the east coast and this ONYD bellend wants it downgraded. Imagine how many more deaths there’d have been...
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Exactly. 100s of fallen trees across the east coast and this ONYD bellend wants it downgraded. Imagine how many more deaths there’d have been...
Hold up old chap. That's not what I said. Bad as it was in the nation's capital and its commuter towns it was nowhere near as bad as Cork and the West coast. I'm simply asking was the same approach accross the board the right call. Getting people off the roads in Dublin city was not needed. It was in rural areas.

Please have the manners to engage your brain.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:13am

Overreaction?

It was in reply to the pictures of people queueing up in Dublin supermarkets, so I stand by it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 173>
  Share Topic